• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1958

I was losing my daughter to the dark side when she was going to the public school. Some churches now are offering school for the children. I found one in my area. The curriculem is "School of Tomorrow". It is only 25.00 a wk at this church,including lunch. It is accredited. once I got her in a youth on fire church she has done a complete turn around PTL. She is now wittnessing to some of her friends that she knew in public school. God is good! He answers prayer! :t2:

P.S. You can research School Of Tomorrow on the web.

Guest LCPGUY
Fortunately, many Baptist churches are breaking away from the SBC.

Fortunately???

Too bad in my opinion. Many churches are just going to the "liberal politically correct mentality". As for me, I'll stand up for any church, anyone, that try's to promote solid biblical standards with no compromise.

Bro John

Guest saved@8

as a baptist, i have to question an organization (sbc) that pulls its missionaries out of foreign countries because they refuse to sign off on the "baptist faith and message" statement.

what some of the missionaries (men and women) were getting hung up on was this:

"A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ".

getting the gospel out is the important thing, not whether we're all in agreement over church doctrine.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

as a baptist, i have to question an organization (sbc) that pulls its missionaries out of foreign countries because they refuse to sign off on the "baptist faith and message" statement.

what some of the missionaries (men and women) were getting hung up on was this:

"A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ".

getting the gospel out is the important thing, not whether we're all in agreement over church doctrine.

Hmmm....seems like I read that somewhere. Oh yeah!

Eph 5:22 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Col 3:18 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Why would the Word of God cause a hang up to a Christian missionary?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Eph 5:22 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Col 3:18 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Why would the Word of God cause a hang up to a Christian missionary?

Two things, I think. For one, if you read the "proclamation", the Scripture was not really the authority here. The SBC leadership had made the decision, and the Scripture was an afterthought to rationalize their pre-existing opinion. In other words, they did it backwards.

Apparently as well, many SBC missionaries had gotten married without having this understanding. And if they had lived for this long without having to be submissive wives, and sacrificial husbands, then why start now?

Doctrine is not unimportant. Yes, the important thing is to spread the Gospel. But what Gospel? What exactly are you teaching the new converts? It's one thing to get them saved, but it's another matter to teach them how to lead a Christian lifestyle. Toward this end, teaching proper roles in marriage is essential.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Two things, I think. For one, if you read the "proclamation", the Scripture was not really the authority here. The SBC leadership had made the decision, and the Scripture was an afterthought to rationalize their pre-existing opinion. In other words, they did it backwards.

I don't quite understand your statement. Are you saying men made up the proclamation and it just happened to be in the Bible.

As far as women leading in prayer, leading worship etc., each church decides. I find it kind of ironic that the independent Baptist churches in our city have formed an association and the Southern Baptist churches decide independently.

Paul spoke as he was led by the Holy Spirit so your argument is with God. A woman should have no problem submitting to a man that loves her as Christ loves the church. Do you have any concept of that?

I just recently returned from a missionary trip to Dominican Republic with a bunch of 'intolerant' Southern Baptists. The women nurses with us were clearly in charge in each clinic. Many physical needs were met, construction was begun on a new church and many souls were saved. The subject of women submitting to men never came up, so I have to believe you are only slandering the church.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

"The issue is this," he said, "the government schools are killing our children morally, spiritually and academically. The question we confront as Christian parents is, how dead do we want our children to be?"

My sister and her husband homeschooled their children. All of us (3 sisters and 2 brothers) thought they were NUTS.

Retrospectively, they did an awesome thing for their children!!! They are on fire for the LORD and are well balanced young adults; attending college after finishing High School early

My children on the other hand; Daughter has adopted a lot of the new age theroies and has turned away from Christ. She graduated from Towson University, a very liberal school

My son; who did go to private school (not christian) has had his issues with drugs and took his GED. However, he has recently rededicated his life to Jesus :rolleyes:

THE BIBLE WAS THE FIRST READING MANUAL IN THE FIRST PUBLIC SCHOOLS

SO I SAY :noidea: to the Southern Baptist Leaders!!!! And I am not even baptist :x:

IN HIS LOVE

Kay

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I don't quite understand your statement. Are you saying men made up the proclamation and it just happened to be in the Bible.

Sort of.

The SBC has been around for over 100 years (I think), and they have taken this long to get around to defining this kind of doctrine? If they were really concerned with obeying Scripture, then the citation from Ephesians would have been at the beginning of the document, not the end.

And if you don't agree with the doctrines of a church, then you shouldn't be there.

As for the role of women in the church? If a woman is supposed to be submissive at home, then why would it be permissible to be in charge at church? On this particular matter, I do believe that the SBC has it right.