redwing

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

God forbid someone should stand up and say the gov't should be more financially responsible! Tax revenues are falling because the economy is bad? Let the government do with less, just like the citizens have to.

People say it all the time around here, but the politicians don't listen. I live in the most politically corrupt county (Cook) in the most politically corrupt state (Illinois) and we have this fiasco going on about Todd Stroger and company raising our taxes 1.25% (a quarter percent already, 1% to come) making us one of the highest-taxed counties in the country and now some local governments are calling to secede from Cook County since the county is really all about Chicago with the suburbs just supporting the city. It'll never happen of course, but I really wouldn't mind seeing it someday. After all, we stopped sharing area codes with Chicago more than twenty years ago- why not split from the county too?

Did anyone notice this quote?

"[it cost] $12.86 for [fries] and this little chicken wrap, and they want to tax that? You're serious?" asked Newark resident Saladine Fuller. "If they raise it, I'll stop buying it."

I don't know about you, but $12.86 gets a lot more than a chicken wrap and fries around here!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

I am beginning to think that some of the officials we have in office have some serious mental problems.

You're only now beginning to think that?!

Quote from article...

"staples including gasoline, rice, ice cream, even beer. "

When did ice cream and beer become a staple? :blink::)

:emot-hug::emot-hug:Really!