IGNORED

Wars and rumors of wars..........DECLINING?!

seekeratthesea

DECLINING?!

:13::24::24:

Today Or Tomorrow

The LORD Comes

Faithful Folk

Or Not

And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Luke 18:7-8

:whistling:

Look Up! He Comes!

The LORD's Beloved Israel Is A Nation Again

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Matthew 24:32-33

The Love Of The False Christ

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

John 5:43

Stony Hearts Of Hate

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Matthew 24:12

Killer Kids

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Matthew 24:9-10

Mockers

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

2 Peter 3:4

So Look Up

And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

Luke 21:28-31

And Guard Your Heart

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Luke 21:33-36

For He Surly Is Coming Again

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Jude 1:14-15

To Heal His Earth And Bless The Children

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Revelation 22:12-13

He Who Is Trusted By All Who Have Tasted And Know That He Is Good

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

Rejoice, Your KING Returns

:taped:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Also, actually that the number of deaths directly resulting from war is really not related to end-times prophesy. There are more wars being fought, and more threats of war, in this age than in any other time in world history.

Sorry but you need to get up on your history........I was being told the same thing in the 80's, I know people that were being told the same thing in the 70's. War is on a general decline.....this should be good news for you......

The threat of nuclear conflagration is the biggest threat to this planet. Only will take one to kill multitudes. And it is going to happen soon in the middle east.

Question for you - why would you ask a question and then argue when people respond? Just because they don't agree with you? Or have a different point of view? What's up with that? :whistling::taped:

The historical perspective on the nuclear conflagration is that the multitudes you speak of today used to be millions in the 80's and earlier, kids used to practice hiding under their desks in case of nuclear attack, we used to have to worry about thousands of nukes from the USSR.....I'm sure you can see the difference......but as I said to the other poster, our brains seemed synced for the negative.

The difference is real and though threats need to be dealt with so that things can get better again, I think we need to stop instinctively coating everything with a pervasive pessimism. War is down, with starvation and disease but yet that's not the general impression.

And I'll argue back whenever I think the answer is wrong, asking a question doesn't mean auto-acceptance of the answer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,269
  • Content Per Day:  4.96
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Also, actually that the number of deaths directly resulting from war is really not related to end-times prophesy. There are more wars being fought, and more threats of war, in this age than in any other time in world history.

Sorry but you need to get up on your history........I was being told the same thing in the 80's, I know people that were being told the same thing in the 70's. War is on a general decline.....this should be good news for you......

The threat of nuclear conflagration is the biggest threat to this planet. Only will take one to kill multitudes. And it is going to happen soon in the middle east.

Question for you - why would you ask a question and then argue when people respond? Just because they don't agree with you? Or have a different point of view? What's up with that? :whistling::taped:

The historical perspective on the nuclear conflagration is that the multitudes you speak of today used to be millions in the 80's and earlier, kids used to practice hiding under their desks in case of nuclear attack, we used to have to worry about thousands of nukes from the USSR.....I'm sure you can see the difference......but as I said to the other poster, our brains seemed synced for the negative.

The difference is real and though threats need to be dealt with so that things can get better again, I think we need to stop instinctively coating everything with a pervasive pessimism. War is down, with starvation and disease but yet that's not the general impression.

And I'll argue back whenever I think the answer is wrong, asking a question doesn't mean auto-acceptance of the answer.

Well, they will be in the billions now. There won't be any place to hide. Whether you think the danger is declining by your own perspective, another person has their own perspective which isn't necessarily wrong. But, you can argue back all you want. It is your playground. :13:

Well, they will be in the billions now. There won't be any place to hide. Whether you think the danger is declining by your own perspective, another person has their own perspective which isn't necessarily wrong. But, you can argue back all you want. It is your playground. :13:

Billions now?

Well millions being killed in the 80's was considered a realistic scenario under the existing world conditions at that time.

So explain the REALISTIC scenario existing at this time that you have in mind when you say it will now be billions.

Edited by seekeratthesea

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,269
  • Content Per Day:  4.96
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Billions now?

Well millions being killed in the 80's was considered a realistic scenario under the existing world conditions at that time.

So explain the REALISTIC scenario existing at this time that you have in mind when you say it will now be billions.

Sure, Israel bombs Iran. Iran retaliates and Israel nukes them. Then Syria and Lebanon and the Palestinians attack Israel. Israel nukes um. Russia and China get involved, the US get involved to protect Israel and wha-la, we have a billion dead and the middle east is a waste land. Does that meet your expectations or are you going to argue with me because you don't like my answer.

Billions now?

Sure, Israel bombs Iran. Iran retaliates and Israel nukes them. Then Syria and Lebanon and the Palestinians attack Israel. Israel nukes um. Russia and China get involved, the US get involved to protect Israel and wha-la, we have a billion dead and the middle east is a waste land. Does that meet your expectations or are you going to argue with me because you don't like my answer.

No........it doesn't satisfy anything because it barely feasible, not realistic. Nuke war in the 80's was realistic and hundreds of billions were spent by nations in prep for it, and for surviving it.

I can make up a risk board WW III scenario too. But I talking about something that as realistic as happening in the near future as nuke war with USSR was in the 80's.....and I mean realistic in the sense of active prep for nuke war by world superpowers, at moments notice with thousands flying across the oceans. Arab nations aren't even bothering to prepare for nukes from Israel because they don't plan on doing anything to provoke her. And syria, lebanon and the Palestinians aren't going to do anything if Israel bombs Iran.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

There are articles out there about the decline or war both in terms of the number of casualties AND the total number of wars being fought. Something that I've noticed, less frequent, and less body counts...not to trivialize what's currently going on but the numbers are just smaller.

So how does the decline of war/end times theology juxtapose against the "wars and rumors of war" which were actually more frequent in the past than now?

I have a feeling I'm putting my feet in the fire here because my experience with end times theologists is that they don't like to give up their notions of the end being just around the corner......

I always figured the wars and rumours of wars meant that there would always be violence or the threat of it on the world stage, I dont see anything about an increase or decline, just a constant presence. Much like Jesus said the poor would always be with us.

There are articles out there about the decline or war both in terms of the number of casualties AND the total number of wars being fought. Something that I've noticed, less frequent, and less body counts...not to trivialize what's currently going on but the numbers are just smaller.

So how does the decline of war/end times theology juxtapose against the "wars and rumors of war" which were actually more frequent in the past than now?

I have a feeling I'm putting my feet in the fire here because my experience with end times theologists is that they don't like to give up their notions of the end being just around the corner......

I always figured the wars and rumours of wars meant that there would always be violence or the threat of it on the world stage, I dont see anything about an increase or decline, just a constant presence. Much like Jesus said the poor would always be with us.

I guess it could be read that way,

Here is another take on it, not mine but interesting.

"Wars and Rumors of Wars" "In AD 40 there was a disturbance at Mesopotamia which (Josephus says) caused the deaths of more than 50,000 people. In AD 49, a tumult at Jerusalem at the time of the Passover resulted in 10,000 to 20,000 deaths. At Caesarea, contentions between Jewish people and other inhabitants resulted in over 20,000 Jews being killed. As Jews moved elsewhere, over 20,000 were destroyed by Syrians. At Scythopolis, over 13,000 Jews were killed. Thousands were killed in other places, and at Alexandria 50,000 were killed. At Damascus, 10,000 were killed in an hour

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I guess it could be read that way,

Here is another take on it, not mine but interesting.

"Wars and Rumors of Wars" "In AD 40 there was a disturbance at Mesopotamia which (Josephus says) caused the deaths of more than 50,000 people. In AD 49, a tumult at Jerusalem at the time of the Passover resulted in 10,000 to 20,000 deaths. At Caesarea, contentions between Jewish people and other inhabitants resulted in over 20,000 Jews being killed. As Jews moved elsewhere, over 20,000 were destroyed by Syrians. At Scythopolis, over 13,000 Jews were killed. Thousands were killed in other places, and at Alexandria 50,000 were killed. At Damascus, 10,000 were killed in an hour

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

You're not getting the point. The numbers, the body count, the intensity of conflict, has nothing to do with the Lord's prophesy. Wars and rumors of wars. That's all there is. There is nothing at all in the prophesy that indicates increase or body count.

And actually, yes, there are more conflicts in this age than at any other time in world history: http://www.countdown.org/armageddon/war.htm