chapmac

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate John McCain drew a sharp rebuke Monday from conservatives after he signaled an openness to a higher payroll tax for Social Security, contrary to previous vows not to raise taxes of any kind.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080729/ap_on_...KTNcKftZOSs0NUE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I'm surprised it wasn't plastered all over CNN and MSNBC.

I'd rather have McCain's tax increases than Obama's. Obama is "Obamanible", acting like he's going to cut taxes for the middle class (anyone remember Clinton?) when he's going to raise everyone's taxes, astronimically. The government gets more revenue when taxes are lowered. It was shown on tv last night that if he raises taxes on "the wealthy", less revenue will come in.

It's also pathetic that he wants to start taxing more at $200,000. That's where small businesses are just starting to make it. But I'm sure it was planned that way.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I'd rather have McCain's tax increases than Obama's. Obama is "Obamanible", acting like he's going to cut taxes for the middle class (anyone remember Clinton?) when he's going to raise everyone's taxes, astronimically. The government gets more revenue when taxes are lowered. It was shown on tv last night that if he raises taxes on "the wealthy", less revenue will come in.

It's also pathetic that he wants to start taxing more at $200,000. That's where small businesses are just starting to make it. But I'm sure it was planned that way.

And I am shocked that Fox didn't rush to cover this :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

1) I'd rather have McCain's tax increases than Obama's.

2) Obama is "Obamanible",

3) acting like he's going to cut taxes for the middle class (anyone remember Clinton?) when he's going to raise everyone's taxes, astronimically.

4) The government gets more revenue when taxes are lowered.

5) It was shown on tv last night that if he raises taxes on "the wealthy", less revenue will come in.

1) I agree that another McCain flip-flop is more important than the misrepresentation of why Obama didn't visit those troops.

I really don't see what one has to do with the other, or how it relates to what I said, but, oh, well.

2) "Obamanible" Another Rushism from the bully?

Actually, I came up with it myself. It was so fitting.

3) Do you have some inside information that proves Obama is lying? Or is this just more of your usual unfounded attacks on the man?

Well, when he says he is going to lower taxes on the middle class, he leaves out the part hat s going to let the Bush tax cuts expire, so everyone's taxes will go up.

4) :emot-heartbeat::th_praying: seriously, people will believe the most incredulous things.

It's been a proven fact for decades that when taxes are lower, more revenue comes in. Do you just like paying higher taxes?

5) "Shown on TV" Hmm, Fox News? Well it must be true then because they would never :th_praying:

Surprise. I watch Fox and CNN both. I don't remember which station it was on, but again, it'w well known, by libs, too. They just hope we don't know it.

And having been a small business owner, I know what I'm talking about when I say $200,000 is not the place to start raising taxes on people.