• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Oh goody...

Another BASH the Policeman thread! Nevermind the fact that they put themselves in harms way, on a daily basis, to serve their community. The family should sue..and they should definitely get compensation. And the police dept. should take EVERY opportunity to make sure that this situation doesn't repeat itself...

Oh that makes breaking into the wrong house at night and terrorising the family OK then!

hmmmm.... I Don't think I said that! In Fact, I think I said the family SHOULD sue...and SHOULD BE compensated. However...I think that the sacrifices police officers make on a daily basis (something which you are not even able to comprehend, even if you cared) should get them a bit more respect than all of your police bashing.

So by that logic: I break into a house and kill the occupants, when challenged I say "but I am in the volunteer fire brigade and put my life on the line on a daily basis, so I should get respect for that and this has far more weight than what I have just done".

I contend that no matter what these people "do on a daily basis" is irrelevant. These people should not only be compensated, the members of the SWAT team should be accountable for their actions and go to jail. You or I would if we did something like that, what is so special about a SWAT team?

Wrong. the family needs to be compensated, but the SWAT members did not commit a crime. They were in the course of duty when the event occurred. It was mistake made in a sincere attempt to bring a known criminal to justice. A reasonable person can draw a moral distinction between that some hot-head who just barged into a house and started shooting without cause or provocation.

If they just drove by a house and decided to raid it on a random whim, you might have a case. As it stands, you don't have a case.

I agree with Axxman. The fault is with whomever bungled the information that sent the Swat team to the wrong house. But the fact that no one was killed should speak volumes to the discipline of the team.

Unfortunately, the department truly ought to compensate the family for the damage done at minimum.

I still think accountability is called for! Anybody else would not be able to make such a stupid, drastic mistake like this and merely say "oh, well, mistakes happen, the taxpayer will compensate you for the damage", and then be commended for their "bravery". Again, what is so special about this SWAT team? It was a STUPID mistake, that resulted in a lot of damage and mental trauma to children, and "someone" made the first mistake that let it happen in the first place and then others didn't check facts down the line, and if you are to say that the SWAT team should be unaccountable "because they were only doing their job", it makes them sound like automatons incapable of thinking for themselves.

And, as for "A reasonable person can draw a moral distinction between that some hot-head who just barged into a house and started shooting without cause or provocation." I think if someone, hot-head or otherwise, barged into my house and started shooting without cause or provocation, I would react rather violently too, as would most of the rest of you - after all a lot of you do go on about "protecting your family". What do you think he should have done? Maybe walked up to the SWAT team with his hands raised saying "fair cop Mate! I'm not sure what I have done to deserve this, but I surrender to you, because you - being a SWAT team and all and facing daily danger - are a higher form of life than me"?

Then maybe, a SWAT team member would have decided that he had to "comply" and be "restrained" or "subdued" (because everyone must do this when confronted with superior beings, ie policemen) and tasered him over and over again or shot him down in a hail of bullets. Isn't that how these things work?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Why do ya'll even try any more? bucks thinks there should be no laws and no authority of any kind, everybody should just be able to do what ever they want. Its gotten to the point where its just sad, everybody should just stop responding to these silly scare tactic/conspiracy threads. This government/authorities/police are only out to get you, hobby horse has been rode to death.

Why do ya'll even try any more? bucks thinks there should be no laws and no authority of any kind, everybody should just be able to do what ever they want. Its gotten to the point where its just sad, everybody should just stop responding to these silly scare tactic/conspiracy threads. This government/authorities/police are only out to get you, hobby horse has been rode to death.

It won't work Scarlet, your cover has been blown. They know that you are really my half sister and a member of my "debating society" and you are just trying to get publicity for me so that I can later lobby to have the law changed that prohibits foreigners from running for president of the USA, so that I can run in 2013. I promise you can be my VP.

(Remember I still have that picture of you getting that politician drunk and taking his ramblings down in shorthand, on my cellphone :thumbsup: )

And after all you were the one who said it would be really boring if we all agreed on things.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

It won't work Scarlet, your cover has been blown. They know that you are really my half sister and a member of my "debating society" and you are just trying to get publicity for me so that I can later lobby to have the law changed that prohibits foreigners from running for president of the USA, so that I can run in 2013. I promise you can be my VP.

(Remember I still have that picture of you getting that politician drunk and taking his ramblings down in shorthand, on my cellphone :thumbsup: )

And after all you were the one who said it would be really boring if we all agreed on things.

You had to go and tell everyone, now what am I going to do with this tell all book I was about to publish linking the two of you to that nasty business three months ago.......

now THIS is the reason why I love ya bucks! :rolleyes:

You had to go and tell everyone, now what am I going to do with this tell all book I was about to publish linking the two of you to that nasty business three months ago.......

Well hopefully you still have the video, it should be worth something on the open market! :rolleyes:

Well hopefully you still have the video, it should be worth something on the open market! :P

Well, I hope we get a good price for it. We might need the money for the plan you negotiated as part of the deal to support my campaign for 2013, to create a nation-wide compulsory membership society for the promotion of the Redneck Culture, and to provide free gun racks for the motor vehicles of the poor and indigent, and to pay to have bicycles adapted to carry gun racks, if they have no other mode of transport.

:blink: oh, no :duh: A "tell all" book (looking around for a bugging device - paranoid, you know). But, ....... but ..... "that nasty business three months ago": No, honest, that wasn't me and Scarlet, it was Ted - he made the whole thing up, and ..... framed us.

Psst you don't have the details of my plan to declare America an autonomous satellite of NZ, do you?

Quick Scarlet, hide the "special" gumbo recipe (sshh! I think the book says nothing about that, we might get away with it if we are careful). :rolleyes::laugh::blink::blink::cool::24:

Guest shiloh357
I still think accountability is called for!
No one has said otherwise, but the SWAT Team did not commit a crime. The person responsbile is the one who provided the wrong intell.

and if you are to say that the SWAT team should be unaccountable "because they were only doing their job", it makes them sound like automatons incapable of thinking for themselves.
No one to date, is saying that either. There was an obvious breakdown, but no crime was committed.

It was a serious mistake, but no one on the SWAT team did anything deserving of prison. While the family should be compenstated for property damage, bodily injury, emotional/mental distress, pain and suffering, no crime was committed and they do not have a criminal case against the SWAT. They definitely have a civil case, though.

And, as for "A reasonable person can draw a moral distinction between that some hot-head who just barged into a house and started shooting without cause or provocation." I think if someone, hot-head or otherwise, barged into my house and started shooting without cause or provocation, I would react rather violently too, as would most of the rest of you - after all a lot of you do go on about "protecting your family".
the problem is that you are treating this like a criminal issue, and it isn't. I am sure that given the surprise anyone would have responded to a perceived threat in the heat of the moment. This however wasn't a hot-headed guy with a gun just barging in and you need to make the distinction. Either you are too dull to make the distinction, or you are too stubborn to want to.

Why don't you go and live in the wilderness that has no government, given that everything you post on this board promotes fear and hatred of authority???

You obviously have problems with authority figures and you given over paranoid conspiracy nonsense.

Law enforcment officials are not flawless and they, like any of us have momentary lapses in judgment. They make mistakes because they are human like the rest of us have flaws and drawbacks to their personalities.

Furthermore, simply basing your views on government from articles in varous newsapers and newsites is not an accurate means of understanding those situations. Sometimes we make summary judgments about things assuming that the article gave us ALL of the facts. Most of the time, facts come out later that were not there initially, but people like you have rushed to judgment and you have set yourself up as judge, jury and executioner.

I would not be surprised if a lot of the articles you post are skewed because of a lack of facts, and much your silly paranoia of the government is based on inaccurate reporting and incomplete information.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Those cops are extremely lucky that none of them could shoot straight.

Perhaps God was supernaturally protecting that family.