• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I completely agree.

an atheist is someone who does not believe in a spiritual supernatural being.

Why don't they believe? Don't most athiests pride themselves on their intellectualism?

Humans have to worship something, it seems, so is it possible that athiests worship their own intellect?

hindu's do not believe in God does this make him an atheist? no. I suggest you do some research on religion (and atheism) as well as etiquette.

My utmost apologies to all for the insulting words. In the future, I shall endeavor to refrain from using the words "too intelligent" and "athiest" together in a sentence.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LCPGUY
My utmost apologies to all for the insulting words. In the future, I shall endeavor to refrain from using the words "too intelligent" and "athiest" together in a sentence.

Heya Jen, I read all that stuff and you have nothing to apologize for. You are a fine and true representative of Christ and will have many crowns when we get home.

God bless you Jensie :blink:

Keep up the good work!!!

Bro John

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

:il:

Ah, thanks bro. :hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

Cool testimony VR!

Do you think that you were an athiest because at that time you did not want to believe in God?

I've told a few people some additional things I never mentioned in my testimony. I'll most likely be adding this to it in the near future because I know that I have been forgiven of all things through Christ. Here's a copy and paste from a pm I was moved to share here, I apologize if it offends anyone, atheist and christian alike, it is not meant to be an attack on anyone and since atheists don't believe in God to begin with, they shouldn't find what I say offensive..lol...unless of course, they do believe in those things, at which point, they are no longer atheists.

I defaced my bible when I first became an atheist and filled it with blasphemy. I had no respect for anything I considered superstitious including God. I went out of my way to convert people. I tried converting my grandfather during the last couple years of his life and I may have succeeded. I cracked, or appeared to crack, the faith my youth pastor had. I constantly debated God's existence with every teacher and the principle at the private christian school I attended my teen years.

Christianity was bad for society I thought. A plague on the minds of men when they couldn't understand something scientifically or rationally. I would have voted to have it outlawed had I been given the chance. An offense to society. A lack of rational thought that was intolerable and should be dealt with swiftly. History had proven what a malignancy Christianity was to society from my perspective at the time. A belief system obsessed with the destruction of the world.

These are the thoughts of true atheists, and no man will ever convince them of God's existence. But we can plant the seeds in their minds. The Holy Spirit will later use those seeds when convicting them of their wickedness and will bring them before the Lord where they will either acknowledge Him for who He is or stand judgement before the thrown. This is what the Holy Spirit did to me and it was a very traumatic experience. While I experienced the greatest peace I ever felt that day, there was also another place the Holy Spirit took me that I never want to experience again.

--------------------------

One more thing I would like to add too. I keep hearing some Christians use the analogy "casting pearls to the swines" when dealing with non-believers. I completely despise that analogy and believe that to be a gross misuse of scripture with regards to talking to non-believers. Jesus did not seek the healthy to heal them or the righteous to uplift them. He seeked the non-believers so that they may hear His word. He did not pound their heads with morality or a bible or greet them with condemnation. He befriended them and reasoned with them using philosophical proverbs and common sense lessons. He discussed and debated with them.

People can say that they've already heard His Word and are sick to death of it. In business, when companies advertise products, they have to do massive advertising campaigns to insure that people hear and see their ads several times each before the ads have any effect. So even though people may have "heard the word" of the advertisor, they have not "heard the word" in a way that has been of any effect because they have not listend to it despite hearing it. Eventually, they hear it in a way that they never have before and they become aware of the product. The same is true of the Word of God. We must hear it many times before we finally become aware of His product...His truth.

Peace, Hope, Love and Unity, these are the true virtues of Christ. May these be with us all.

Guest j e n s o n
You are a fine and true representative of Christ and will have many crowns when we get home.

An athiest is someone who thinks they are too intelligent to believe in God.

Humans have to worship something, it seems, so is it possible that athiests worship their own intellect?

Don't most athiests pride themselves on their intellectualism?

I shall endeavor to refrain from using the words "too intelligent" and "athiest" together in a sentence.

haha, reeoooww!! hsss hsss!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

Isn't it true though? Your intellect won't allow you to have faith in something you can't see?

No. I didn't see man evolve from an ape, but I believe it happened. Why? Because I have evidence. As long as I have sufficient evidence, I do not require to see things with my own eyes.

However, my intellect certainly wont allow me to believe in anything for which I have no evidence, or wholly insufficient evidence.

Now, if He does exist, what exactly do you want Him to do to reveal Himself to you? What would make you believe?

Well, a personal appearance would be nice, followed by a few miracles. Since he's an all powerful God, he should be able to convince me of his existence. I mean, lots of things that arn't all powerful have convinced me of their existence in the past. The table on which my computer sits for example, I believe that exists, and it's done nothing special. My sister hasn't done anything particularly special either, she hasn't gone out of her way to convince me she exists - but I'm pretty sure she does.

God doesn't have to do anything that any other everyday object does to convince me of his existence. Indeed, he doesn't have to do anything he's not done before. Adam and Eve walked in the garden with God every day - they believed in him in the same way I believe in the table my computer is sitting on, or my sister. Jesus walked with the disciples every day, and showed them miracles and signs and wonders. And I mean, not using their emotions or feelings or internal minds - I'm talking with their actual senses, they saw stuff and felt stuff. Hey, that'd do me.

Are non-random processes directed by someone or do they happen by chance?

In the case of evolution, neither. Non-random selection is dependent on several conditions occuring for it to start up. These conditions are:

a struggle for existence/resources/mates

self-replication

variation (mutation, whatever)

As long as these exist, then non-random selection will exist automatically. Actually, I explained it all in the thread I created yesterday about evolution not being a chance process - look it up and it'll explain exactly why evolution is non-random.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

hindu's do not believe in God does this make him an atheist? no. I suggest you do some research on religion (and atheism) as well as etiquette.

:laugh: did you learn what the difference between being an atheist and not believing in God? Well of course not you to busy thinking of a witty remark to cut your brother down.. why thank you. I'm so glad I tried to save you from an image of being very angry at people who don't believe in the same thing you do, and also from appearing harsh in un-needed situations.

Instead let me appologise for suggesting you try and understand some one that isn't saved. please continue cutting down people in the name of Christ, because after all that will be sure to make people want to follow Him.

You took advantage of Nik. He kindly explained your questions when he didn't have to.. You saw his guard down and implied "he thinks he's to smart for God".

1Co 3:18

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

Heres what paul said about the subject he may appear a fool to us.. but what does he see us as?

Think about it whens the last time you saw a dead guy rise from the dead. After Dying for sins (that he has no physical evidence for).... how does one die for others wrong doing?

Also even the Most scholarly men in the world admit that Jesus was Either the son of God or a complete maniac.. He believes Him to be a maniac. Thats understandable.. ;) Once again I suggest you do some research.

No. I didn't see man evolve from an ape, but I believe it happened. Why? Because I have evidence. As long as I have sufficient evidence, I do not require to see things with my own eyes.

However, my intellect certainly wont allow me to believe in anything for which I have no evidence, or wholly insufficient evidence.

You mean you have indirect evidence to man's evolution from apes, right?

I would consider fossils indirect evidence since we have not been able to directly observe apes evolving into homo-sapiens. Would you agree with this?

:laugh: did you learn what the difference between being an atheist and not believing in God? Well of course not you to busy thinking of a witty remark to cut your brother down.. why thank you. I'm so glad I tried to save you from an image of being very angry at people who don't believe in the same thing you do, and also from appearing harsh in un-needed situations.

Instead let me appologise for suggesting you try and understand some one that isn't saved. please continue cutting down people in the name of Christ, because after all that will be sure to make people want to follow Him.

You took advantage of Nik. He kindly explained your questions when he didn't have to.. You saw his guard down and implied "he thinks he's to smart for God".

1Co 3:18

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

Heres what paul said about the subject he may appear a fool to us.. but what does he see us as?

Think about it whens the last time you saw a dead guy rise from the dead. After Dying for sins (that he has no physical evidence for).... how does one die for others wrong doing?

Also even the Most scholarly men in the world admit that Jesus was Either the son of God or a complete maniac.. He believes Him to be a maniac. Thats understandable.. :b: Once again I suggest you do some research.

Ummm....8 years ago, I would have been more than happy to state that I'm too smart for God because I didn't believe in God and thought it was all a bunch of mystical non-sense. Only the less educated believed in God was my opinion at the time.

Such a statement from artsylady would have been a compliment to me. ;)

Isn't sarcasm allowed in here from time to time?

Check out some of the atheist forums if you want to see good examples of people degrading each other.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Check out some of the atheist forums if you want to see good examples of people degrading each other.

Why would I follow this example.. why should she?