artsylady

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Nik has visited many other sites and seen many examples of Christian love and even hate among Christians. The only thing that works for Nik is prayer... (and Jewish lovin)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

Have you not felt God's love, merely in the time devoted to this thread?

Very good point. I'm certainly not here to win an argument. I, honest to God, could care less about that. Why would I care to spend this time to win an argument with someone I don't know who lives across the ocean and I'll never meet? I'm way beyond that. I know what I know and there's no person can change my mind on what I already know about God. Anyone who has experienced God personally knows what I mean. But I have little time and so often I get discouraged and want to give up. I want to do some of my hobbies. I want to read a good fiction book. But I come here hoping that SA will see the light and sometimes get very discouraged. That doesn't mean for a second that I don't beleive in God. First off, there's been nothing put forth to make me question that. But sometimes I do feel like giving up on SA. I sometimes feel that it is pointless to debate because he simply won't see what he doesn't WANT to see. He prefers being a scientific athiest so is not open minded to taking a look at the other side. When to give up? That is the question.

I was just as stubborn in my lack of belief at one point. Thankfully, a couple of people never gave up on me. With God, even brick walls and mountains can be moved by the Holy Spirit in His time.

Guest dreamyduskywing

i was very blessed 2 hav the earthly father that God has given me. he was always kind, patient, and luvn and always gav good, Godly advise. i still ask his advise in difficult times, the man knos the bible inside out, backwards/forwards. he is my spiritual advisor and 1 of the reasons i blieve. i truely blieve that parents hav a very strong influence on the beliefs of their children but my father's beliefs were not the only reason i hav faith. i hav had my own experiences that hav proven 2 me that there is a God. the biggest problem w/ tryin 2 convince non-believers is that we can talk til we're blue in the face tryin 2 convince them but until they hav an experience of their own they tend not 2 believe. it can b very difficult 2 believe in something so powerful w/o their own experiences and "proof" that He does exist. non-believers need that special "touch" that only God can giv 2 show them He does exist. i wish that i could just sit down w/ some1 and say this is true (which i do try 2 do) and hav them believe just on my word but alot of the time it is not enuf. we all need 2 do what we can 2 help non-believers but ultimately it is God that brings them 2 the truth. tell me something science, if i told u i was confined 2 a wheelchair and was miraculously healed would u b lieve? would that b enuf 2 convince u? or if it was u in a wheelchair, suddenly able 2 stand, walk, run after b in confined 4 several yrs, would u then b lieve? :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Welcome DDW. As a foster parent, I'm well aware of how important a father is to a boy's life. I see kid's lives messed up a lot.

Gone for a week! Take care everyone.