artsylady

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I went from being 99.999% positive that God was a fairy tale to knowing 100% without a doubt that He exists

Cool testimony VR!

Do you think that you were an athiest because at that time you did not want to believe in God?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

An athiest is someone who thinks they are too intelligent to believe in God.

:t2:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

Since when did the bible advise you to insult atheists, or scientists?

Every intracat system like dna, the interactions of animals on the planet, the solar system, every mathematical equation, the atmospheres, the tilt of the earth, reproduction of plants and animals, etc, etc, etc (billions of examples) all came to their perfected state purely by chance.

Never said this, and I cannot think of one credible scientist or atheist who believes this statement.

Firstly, things arn't perfectly - especially biological beings. Secondly, they didn't come about purely by chance. Evolution is essentially a non-random process, as I have explained before on this board. I can explain it again if you're interested.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  53

I completely agree.

an atheist is someone who does not believe in a spiritual supernatural being.

hindu's do not believe in God does this make him an atheist? no. I suggest you do some research on religion (and atheism) as well as etiquette.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

I went from being 99.999% positive that God was a fairy tale to knowing 100% without a doubt that He exists

Cool testimony VR!

Do you think that you were an athiest because at that time you did not want to believe in God?

No, I was an atheist because at that point in time I could not visualize a universe with a creator of any kind. The entire concept of metaphysics to me was bogus and did not fit into the natural order of things from my perspective. I had concluded that God was created in the image of man by the imagniations of men and that the whole religious world represented people who had been misled by a mythical legend.

The studies of cosmology and quantum physics has shown that the physical laws that govern this universe can and are altered. For example, when approaching the event horizon of a gravity well created by a black hole, time itself slows down and can even stop in relation to the rest of the universe. The fabric of space can become warped to the point where 1+1 no longer equals 2 and everything we understand about normal space/time begins to break down.

There is so much about our existence that we do not understand and our own science gives credit to the possibility that our reality is only a pebble on a beach of many pebbles, and upon that beach, I believe are the footprints of God, figuratively speaking.

There's only one true way to know for sure, but by then, it's too late for whoever finds out if they never accepted Him to begin with.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

an atheist is someone who does not believe in a spiritual supernatural being.

hindu's do not believe in God does this make him an atheist? no. I suggest you do some research on religion (and atheism) as well as etiquette.

Here's a good reference I thought might interest everyone....

http://www.ex-atheist.com

Definetly somethings to think about.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  78

:blink: Spock: Testimony very good. Thanks for Sharing. Goldpearl

Sorry, I didn't think you'd take it as an insult. Isn't it true though? Your intellect won't allow you to have faith in something you can't see?

Every intracat system like dna, the interactions of animals on the planet, the solar system, every mathematical equation, the atmospheres, the tilt of the earth, reproduction of plants and animals, etc, etc, etc (billions of examples) all came to their perfected state purely by chance.

Never said this, and I cannot think of one credible scientist or atheist who believes this statement.

Firstly, things arn't perfectly - especially biological beings. Secondly, they didn't come about purely by chance. Evolution is essentially a non-random process, as I have explained before on this board. I can explain it again if you're interested.

I never said they were perfect, but they sure are incredible. Humankind in thousands of years and the most brillant of minds can't produce anything close. Are non-random processes directed by someone or do they happen by chance?

SA:

I would like to ask you this again because you forgot to reply.

You are familiar with the God of the Bible, correct? You know that it's possible that He exists and you are somewhat familiar through Biblical accounts how He operates. You know that He wants His followers to trust in Him and have a certain amount of faith. Now, if He does exist, what exactly do you want Him to do to reveal Himself to you? What would make you believe?