Dropping everything

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I feel God leading me Not to only become a Pastor but a North American missionary. Problem is?? I'm 16, I've never been to seminary, and I love my Family. I just don't know what to do.. I can't plan anything, afterall somethings already planned, and like the title says dropping everything. Thats basicly what I'll have to do. Drop everything Say goodbye. of course theres a million and one ways to stay in touch but I need the touch the feel.

Also I've kept this calling to myself for the time being I've shown an interest in seminary to my parents, and of course gradschool (as it is required), But I've never really told them What's happening in my mind in my Body. I don't feel disconnected I just feel like I'm half burried. it's quite scary, not knowing what they are going to say or do when I finally tell them..

As for not telling them now I have my personal reasons for not. this is all about the ministry and my walk with God. And before this turns into "tell your parents right now little mister" I will tell you why I will not tell them at this time.

1. my family is going through financial trouble currently due to reasons 2 and 3

2. my sisters marriage

3. my brothers illegal racing career record.... He didn't go to jail and his record is clean for the time being.

4. I don't want to scare them.

After all telling my mother I'm going to leave her to go preach and she may hardly ever see me agian.

:sweating: I know the News will come as a shock in anycase But I just don't think they need cardiac arrests as another problem.

As for Preaching I'm not really new at it..I've taught classes and such and I don't think it much diferent.

As for being a pastor I know it's stressful But I've been through stress before. Leading I'm not to bad at but I could use some work.

When God planned this He knew what he was doing I only wished I did to.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Honey, when God is ready for you to preach (formally) at the pulpit, don't you think He will make a way?

It won't be you at the helm; it will be Him running the show. We're His hands, feets, eyes, mouth, ears, arms...we're His ambassadors.

It's not really about us. It's about Him and what He desires. Perhaps He's put this desire in you but this may not materialize for quite some time.

Bloom where you're planted. Are you witnessing to your neighbors, family and friends? Are you actively buried in the Word of God and learning and feeding on it continually?

This message board will stimulate your longing for fellowship with mature believers and give you a good taste of apologetics.

I myself am a former foreign missionary to southeast Asia and I can tell you I'm not a bible scholar. We do have some here who can run circles around me.

It's important to be ready and prepared for the calling. It's possible to receive a calling but like planting a field, it takes time for the harvest.

You sound a bit impatient; remember...those who wait upon the Lord will rise up on eagles wings...

Learn to wait upon the Lord and His leading...

Don't forget...the Lord Jesus didn't begin His formal ministry until He was 30.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

:t2: tell me about it. I've heard of preachers as young as twenty some odd.. but 16 irratical right.. thats what I thought but it's to pressing to be anything else rather than a calling. and It's not something I nessicarely want to do :t2: .

But Yes I have ministered to Family and freinds alike. I also had a hand in my sisters salvation... The sunday school sowed, I watered and My Father reaped and God Gave the increase.

They tell me to wait wait I'm to impatient.. I don't like fishing because I have no patience for it..

It's possible to receive a calling but like planting a field, it takes time for the harvest.

also like the Harvest is the souls of young and old men alike, but the Harvest is Many we are few...We can't always work at a "comfortable" speed.

Also to call ones self a bible scholar is quite ignorant.. After all Professing themselves to be wise they inturn were fools.

And as I mentioned I'd rather not do it. I mean always being told I'm to young...I've already excepted this I'd be happy to wait a couple of decades. But like I said I can't make plans because God's plans are already made. this is what happened when i made plans.. I decided off the money my Grandfather would leave me I would go to gradschool easy as that.. My Grandfather lost all his money due to bad business deals, and such.. that window was closed. I decided it wouldn't stop me and I'd get a Job and save up.. I couldn't get a Job because my brother had Court problems. another window closed may be opening but it's still Hard because now I'm only two years from graduating and I'm homeschooled so the chances of getting into a good school is slim anyways. all my plans have crumbled.. all pointing to the only alternative..

Also I like apoligetics, and am no stranger o defending my faith (I have a very liberal pentecostal freind). but what ever I have God's going to use weather or not I'm smart enough, weather I'm strong enough, or rather I am enough.

Don't forget Timothy was also young.

Well, okay...you've convinced me. Go for it, bruh! :t2:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

No, you are not too young to begin serving the Lord. You just need to start right now , right where you are.

Ask if you could start teaching or assisting in a boys Sunday school class or perhaps in Junior Church (You know many young boys need to see a young person on fire for God to know that it is "cool".) Talk to your youth leader about occassionally doing the devotional in your youth activities. You can probably find some Bible courses from a reliable Christian education school that you can begin studying either online or by correspondence.

I know of too many people who plan to serve the Lord....someday. Do it NOW. You don't have to make a big announcement of it, in fact if you start off doing it, eventually someone will say to you, you know...you really ought to go into the ministry. Then when you do, they will think it was all their idea. You and the Lord will know better. :t2:

Well, your first post left me a bit uncertain but once you get the fire going and I read your second post...I thought, "Hmmm, maybe this young man is really ready". It's rare to see such fire in someone but hey, I'm impressed. If you really are ready and you're sure God has given you the 'thumbs up' then ...by all means, go for it! :t2:

You can get some great experience on this board, too, bruh...stick around. We have a few combat assignments in the Kingdom for you.