IGNORED

IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?

Guest lexismom21

Guest lexismom21

My 20 year old Christian daughter has moved out into her boyfriend's parents home. The boyfriend who she has only known for 2 months we have since found out has lied about a lot of things. He was kicked out of the service for drug use, fired from various jobs - one for stealing, and he has lost his driver's license (although I don't know why). I have tried to talk to her but she won't see us or talk to us. We were always close. This is her first real boyfriend but I can't understand why she has tossed her family aside. Is there anything I can do?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

This is such a sad situation. I'm so sorry to hear this. Unfortunately since your daughter is of age, there's really nothing you can do but pray. The fact that this is her first boyfriend explains a lot. Based on what you said about him, my guess is in the future he will let her down somehow and all you can do is be there for her. Let her know you love her and your door is always open.

Her living in that home with his parents does not make this any better in God's eyes - I mean for his parents to allow her, a stranger, to move in their home says they may have loose morals - so they probably will not object to any hanky panky. But it seems as if your daughter has disregarded all of that so you'll have to leave this to the Lord to draw her back.

I'm sorry if my words weren't very encouraging but I'm not too good at that. I'm better at seeing things how they are. But I will pray for you when I get home in the morning ok?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

I'm sorry about what's happening with your daughter. Just pray for her. That's all I can think to do, and be there for her, if she needs you.

God Bless.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/29/1989

Hi Lexismom,

I am also very sorry to hear about this.The only thing I know to do is pray with faith that everything will be ok.I know things seem so horrible right now but this too shall pass and good will come.Try ot be patient with her and this situation.God will help you through this.God Bless!

ur sis in Christ

Chancer