IGNORED

I need the HELP of a GOOD SAMARITAN...

Guest Miracle07

Guest Miracle07

Last year in March, I was laid off. Like so many Americans, a year later, I'm still trying to find a job.

No one is hiring, yet the news reporters keep stating that the economy is getting better.

For who? ;)

Today, I'm so down and I don't have any food in my refrigerator and no income coming in at all. I'm used to being employed and have never been out of work for this length of time in my entire life.

This is beginning to scare me.

239,000 jobs have been eliminated within the first quarter of this year already. And Bush keeps lying and saying that more people are being hired?

Something is not washing here.

I've been searching and searching for a job, but I'm getting discouraged.

Christians are supposed to help each other, but I know that there are others out there in need of help also.

However, I'm in desperate need and if there is someone out there who could help me at least get some groceries and help me with transportation(I have to commute), that would be a blessing.

I just don't have anyone to go to for help.

You can e-mail me at ChaCha708@Yahoo.com.

Love,

Miracle07

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Your church will help you. Go to wherever you attend services and ask your pastor to recommend a food pantry in your local area. Your own church may have it's own.

Also ask him with assistance for your utilities - you'll need to show your utility bills and he'll probably write a check directly to the company.

In like manner, the church may be willing to provide you with a bus pass, which you can use to get around.

Catholic Charities is nationwide and also has a food and clothing pantry for the poor. You don't have to be a "member" of a local Catholic Church in order to receive help.

You will be required to show proof of identity and fill out some paperwork about yourself and your situation.