• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I watched a video on YT (no linking) that attacked Jesus & Christianity with specific verses.

I looked them up, but hope that you'll help me w/a few details.

Why even watch such videos?

I want to be sure I know why I believe. No hiding, even from the worst people have to say-

Isaiah 2:4 -no more war

(This must be the 2nd coming) It might confuse people in that it doesn't say whether this happens for the first or 2nd coming, but that's the way it is...

Isaiah 43:5-9 -gathering all the nations

2nd coming, right?

Zech 13:2, 14:9 -banish names of all idols, rule over the earth

Dan 7:13, Ezekiel 37:26- Everlasting peace, etc.

I think what happened is the guy took prophecy of Christ's return, either was confused since it didn't happen, or (more likely), twisted it knowing it refers to events that place for Christ's return.

Well, thanks for reading. Glad I looked them up & did the research to figure it out.

In Christ-

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/26/1969

I watched a video on YT (no linking) that attacked Jesus & Christianity with specific verses.

I looked them up, but hope that you'll help me w/a few details.

Why even watch such videos?

I want to be sure I know why I believe. No hiding, even from the worst people have to say-

Isaiah 2:4 -no more war

(This must be the 2nd coming) It might confuse people in that it doesn't say whether this happens for the first or 2nd coming, but that's the way it is...

Isaiah 43:5-9 -gathering all the nations

2nd coming, right?

Zech 13:2, 14:9 -banish names of all idols, rule over the earth

Dan 7:13, Ezekiel 37:26- Everlasting peace, etc.

I think what happened is the guy took prophecy of Christ's return, either was confused since it didn't happen, or (more likely), twisted it knowing it refers to events that place for Christ's return.

Well, thanks for reading. Glad I looked them up & did the research to figure it out.

In Christ-

shalom,

i'm going to assume, and probably correctly, that the person presenting this video was a Jew, like myself (though i am a believer of Messiah, Yeshua). he's not confused so much as he is 1. blind to what scripture says, as it is written that blindness has come upon Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in, or 2. is being deliberately misleading concerning the application of these scriptures pertaining to Messiah.

you are correct in your understanding of these pertaining to the second coming. non-believing Jews say it isn't so because, for many, within the confines of a single verse it jumps from referencing His first coming to His second coming (or what believers think are the 1st and 2nd comings, in their eyes), and this supposedly goes against the context of the prophecy.

In Messiah,

John

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Doctrinal Questions to Eschatology