• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

While I was in the Church of the Brethren, I was a commissioned layminister that did "spot duty" in our district of 70 churches.

When I left there, I was no longer eligible to serve in that role and there was really no place for me in my new church. So now, I use that skill and knowledge and inspiration on my website and wait on God's timing for moving back into a more visible speaking/teaching role.

Guest Calamity
I am a former Pastor. I have a B. Th. and pioneered a church in a strong Mormon community from 1986-1991. I am now a paramedic involved in a local church. We are all 'ministers' serving the Body of Christ.

That' great! I thought there must be some preachers here.

Guest Calamity
Hi, my name is Jerry and I am a pastor. (Rest of board says, 'Hi Jerry') Actually, I am a bi-vocational pastor of a small church.

Your comment on the Spiritual Gift thread is what made me think of this!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

Hi Jerry!Wave.gif

And "Hello" to all those who raised their hand, this is awesome!

Hey, the guy below is awesome... you all oughta take a gander over to his website and check him out! :laugh:

I use that skill and knowledge and inspiration on my website and wait on God's timing for moving back into a more visible speaking/teaching role.

Guest Calamity
Leonard here! I am in Holy Orders as a Deacon in the Charismatic Episcopal Church. I will be preaching on July 4. Wonder what the topic will be?

By the way, rejoice with me! This time next year I should be consecrated as a Priest.

:laugh:

Guest Calamity
While I was in the Church of the Brethren, I was a commissioned layminister that did "spot duty" in our district of 70 churches.

When I left there, I was no longer eligible to serve in that role and there was really no place for me in my new church. So now, I use that skill and knowledge and inspiration on my website and wait on God's timing for moving back into a more visible speaking/teaching role.

Hey Bill. I didn't know you were in the Church of the Brethren. That's interesting.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/04/1959

Used to be a Youth Minister, then God called me to preach. I am the assn't Pastor, in my small Church,,,I get the chance to preach and sing(with my lovely wife) at other Churches also,,,,,,It is great, I look forward to the day when I become full fleged Pastor,,but I will miss this Church, But let me tell you a little story......When God called me to preach, he let me know I was supposed to build a Church, so I, and some devoted others started having Church im my bonus room, but, to my error, that is not what God wanted,,he led me down the the little Church,,,,,,,that has almost doubled in size and we are talking and praying about ,,,,,,BUILDING a NEW CHURCH,,,,,,GOD is so great,,,,sometimes when he speaks, we need to be willing to listen a little closer, instead of us leading and hoping God follows......God bless you all

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

When I left there, I was no longer eligible to serve in that role and there was really no place for me in my new church.  So now, I use that skill and knowledge and inspiration on my website and wait on God's timing for moving back into a more visible speaking/teaching role.

Hey Bill. I didn't know you were in the Church of the Brethren. That's interesting.

I used to be, Calamity.

I spent 11 years there (from 1991-2002) and that was the church I rededicated my life to the Lord in. I left because I just really felt like God was saying to me that I needed to move on and that my time there was through. I was a commissioned lay minister for about 3 years when I moved on.