IGNORED

What a lukewarm Christian looks like

Deepblue

Christ was comparing the Laodecian Christians to thier water supply.

What is your interpretation of the hot, warm and cold. What does each of them mean?

Did you read my post?

I thought so too, untill I found out that Laodecia actually had lukewarm water. Which were full of parasites and made people sick. The hot and cold refer to springs from two cities. They were both useful. The hot for cleansing, and the cold for being refreshed. Laodecia water on the other hand was not useful.

Christ was comparing the Laodecian Christians to thier water supply.

What is a cleansing christian?

What is a refreshing christian?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know people who "think" they are saved, right?

Those people are, for all practical purposes, impossible to reach with the real Jesus who tells us to die daily and carry a cross. They see no need for any more "jesus" than they have because they don't want to be challenged to go any deeper than the surface level.

They are comfortable exactly where they are and no fruit is coming.

THIS is lukewarm.

It is much like the parable of the seeds and the sower.

1st type - When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown along the path.

2nd type- The one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.

3rd type- The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.

4th type- But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown

#1 was never a believer

#2 liked the message but wasn't discipled and fell away at the first strong challenge. Not sure if they were ever a believer in the first place.

#3 is lukewarm. They are believers but have lost their first love. They are not for or against the Lord...just indifferent

#4 is someone who goes on to discipleship and growth

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

What does the Lord say about lukewarm Christians?

Revelation 3:16 - "So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth".

What are the attributes of a lukewarm Christian?

1. Craving or valuing attention and acceptance from man over God.

- Luke 6:26 - How terrible it will be for you when everyone says nice things about you, because that's the way their ancestors used to treat the false prophets!"

2. Rarely sharing their faith in Christ

Matthew 28:19-20 - Therefore, as you go, disciple people in all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything that I've commanded you. And remember, I am with you each and every day until the end of the age."

3. Do whatever it takes to alleviate guilt

4. Think more about life on earth than eternity in heaven

- Matthew 6:20-21 - But keep on storing up treasures for yourselves in heaven, where moths and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not break in and steal,because where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

5. Gauge morality by comparing themselves with others

Luke 18:11-13 -The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men

Revelation 3:16 - "So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth".

The LORD Is Addressing The Earthly Church

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Revelation 3:15-18

Not All Who Abide In The Earthly Church

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Acts 20:28-30

Abide In Jesus

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

John 15:5-6

And Therefore To Call Them Christian

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:7-8

Is To Shamefully And Falsely Accuse The Brethren

He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

1 John 2:9-11

And To Deny The Assurance Of The LORD

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24-25

Who Washes Them Clean

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Revelation 1:5

In His Holy Blood

>>>>>()<<<<<

See Jesus And Believe And

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Joe

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1977

- Luke 6:26 - How terrible it will be for you when everyone says nice things about you, because that's the way their ancestors used to treat the false prophets!"

Matthew 28:19-20 - Therefore, as you go, disciple people in all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything that I've commanded you. And remember, I am with you each and every day until the end of the age."

- Matthew 6:20-21 - But keep on storing up treasures for yourselves in heaven, where moths and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not break in and steal,because where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Luke 18:11-13 -The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men

....as if I am coming on here attacking people by name or something. I actually got this message from a sermon. Tell me, was the preacher that preached the sermon condemning everyone?

Yes

Dear Brother

He Condemns His Brothers Without Cause

A Preacher I Love Most Dearly Preaches This Same Sermon From Time To Time

I Believe He May Deliberately Miss The Next Few Verses Showing The Wealth Loving Spiritually Blind Folk The LORD Is Addressing

Never-The-Less I Will Not Swallow His Particularly Odorous Take On "Some" Christians

For I Too Know And Trust Their Jesus, Our Only Hope And Our Most Sure Salvation

Nor Do I Love This Dear Man Any Less For His "Miss Take" Of God's Word

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

ok....the term lukewarm Christian is probably an oxymoron. And I was using the term "lukewarm Christian" meaning, someone who claims faith, but there is no appearance of it. In other words, they call themselves Christian, but they aren't. I believe that once we are saved, we are saved. Perhaps the thread title was misleading, and thanks for the verse interpretations. Can a mod please close this? I think this has been a misunderstanding.

Edited by Deepblue

.... I think this has been a misunderstanding.

It Was A Wonderful Study In The Word Dear Brother

Thank You

Joe, you always make every thread worth reading. I mean that. Thank you for being humble.