• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Y'shua said that he "has not come to do away with the Law and the Prophets, but to fulfill them". As far as I can see, in the New World to come, burnt offerings will STILL be offered, although they won't be necessary.

If we preach the Gospel, we should preach the WHOLE GOSPEL, and I believe that's the WHOLE BOOK. Not just parts we want to tickle our ears with. Or am I wrong?

Without the Temple?

According to Torah, the sacrifices were only to be done within the Tabernacle, then the Temple once it was built.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Y'shua said that he "has not come to do away with the Law and the Prophets, but to fulfill them". As far as I can see, in the New World to come, burnt offerings will STILL be offered, although they won't be necessary.

If we preach the Gospel, we should preach the WHOLE GOSPEL, and I believe that's the WHOLE BOOK. Not just parts we want to tickle our ears with. Or am I wrong?

Without the Temple?

According to Torah, the sacrifices were only to be done within the Tabernacle, then the Temple once it was built.

Does it not say that Y'shua is rebuilding the Temple? Look in the book of Revelation, chapter 22. The Temple in the New Jerusalem.

a.

No use arguing over what will be happening in the future. :noidea:

The OP is about the here and now. And here and now - sacrifices have been ceased.

No use arguing over what will be happening in the future. :noidea:

The OP is about the here and now. And here and now - sacrifices have been ceased.

well...no...not actually.

The symbol was to remind the "sacrificer" of being consumed in the fire of God. Perhaps this is what Yeshua alludes to when He said we would be baptised in fire and in water?

So we are to live the life that this sacrifice speaks of. Therefore the sacrifices have not ended but have become manifest through the Spirit of Holiness (aka Holy Spirit)

But the OP is asking about burning his food as a sacrifice to the Lord.

But the OP is asking about burning his food as a sacrifice to the Lord.

not necessary but whatever floats your boat...

Huh?

It's absolutely not necessary to sacrifice animals to God.

but if someone wants to cook their meat to consumption of fire it's none of my business. I think it would be kinda creepy, personally, and would be blasphemous if they are doing it to say that Yeshua's sacrifice isn't sufficient... but hey, I don't know why someone would do that in the first place.

And its not my job to stop them...hence the "whatever floats yer boat" comment.

OK, gatcha

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/12/1985

I just finished up a Torah study on Leviticus, so let me see if I can explain it a bit:

There are 5 offerings that YHWH talks about.

1)burnt

2)peace

3)grain

4)sin

5)trespass

Only the last two are mandatory. The others were a voluntary (or shall we use the term FREE-WILL) offering.

I have to get to work now, so I'll expound on this later. :mgcrackup:

a.

i'll be waiting for the rest.

From what I know of offerings, you had to slay the animal and put it (the whole animal) on the altar and set it to flames.

So I am having a hard time understanding how cooking a slab of meat over a campfire or in an oven or on a stove can be considered "an offering"?

Because.....In the old testament. God used a tent for rest i think. i can't remember where i read it. Might of been in Job, Daniel, or some other book in the bible.

I've been doing a Bible search (you can check it out here), and I am not finding anything that looks like what you are talking about.

But I am thinking it would benefit you to get a 1 year Bible or the like and spend some time each day reading the Bible, because it seems you have an image of God that isn't Him.

2 Chronicles 2:6 - But who is able to build a temple for Him, since the heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain Him? Who then am I to build a temple for him, except as a place to burn sacrifices before him?

Now, the Lord did manifest His presence to the children of Israel via a cloud of glory - and that cloud would rest over the Ark of the Covenant which was placed within the Tabernacle (also called the Tent of Meeting - perhaps this is the "tent" you saw being mentioned?). Thus, this is where His Glory rested upon (and maybe this is where you heard about "rest"?). But God is not contained within that Glory, it was merely a minuscule manifestation of His presence.

i began to think. To leave a burnt offering for him to eat. or something along those lines. i know...."Why would God need to eat?" no one wants to eat burnt pop corn. And when you cook something, you want to make sure it's cooked good.

Let me show you something:

Psalms 50:7-15

7 "Hear, O My people, and I will speak, O Israel, and I will testify against you; I am God, your God!

8 I will not rebuke you for your sacrifices Or your burnt offerings, Which are continually before Me.

9 I will not take a bull from your house, Nor goats out of your folds.

10 For every beast of the forest is Mine, And the cattle on a thousand hills.

11 I know all the birds of the mountains, And the wild beasts of the field are Mine.

12 "If I were hungry, I would not tell you; For the world is Mine, and all its fullness.

13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, Or drink the blood of goats?

14 Offer to God thanksgiving, And pay your vows to the Most High.

15 Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me."

Likewise:

Psalms 69

30 I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

31 This will please the Lord more than an ox, more than a bull with its horns and hoofs.

You see, the Lord does not walk this earth in a physical body with physical needs. (Not including the 33 years or so Jesus was among the people in Israel.) Any food you cook isn't going to Him.

The sacrifices you see in the Old Testament were not about appeasing God nor doing Him any favors. Sacrifices were to point man to God's final redemption - the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross to atone for our sins.

After Jesus' death and resurrection, there was no more need for sacrifices.

The sacrifices He desires are our lives and our hearts, to seek after Him and to do His will, to love Him and to love our neighbor

Micah 6:6-8

6 With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted God?

Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old?

7 Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil?

Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8 He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you?

To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Psalms 40:6-10

6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come-- it is written about me in the scroll.

8 I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."

9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O Lord.

10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.

See? :emot-highfive:

I've never been told to offer burnt offerings. i've never witnessed it. i didn't think i needed to. Should i offer burnt offering to God now.....that i've learned why it's done? is this something i should be taught now? I've shot ptarmigan, i've shot a rabbit, i've caught fish. but never offered them to God at all. I've skined a caribou and eaten it. I've never offered any part to them to god. i've given thanks for a catch but never offered to him a burnt offering before.

Giving thanks to Him for the food is enough. :wub:

thanks. your post has helped me alot in understanding burnt offering alittle more.

and that's pretty much why so much of the church is ignorant, unbalanced, and failing.

I've never been told to offer burnt offerings. i've never witnessed it. i didn't think i needed to. Should i offer burnt offering to God now.....that i've learned why it's done? is this something i should be taught now? I've shot ptarmigan, i've shot a rabbit, i've caught fish. but never offered them to God at all. I've skined a caribou and eaten it. I've never offered any part to them to god. i've given thanks for a catch but never offered to him a burnt offering before. ever. Should i study burnt offering and offer them to God now? i'm not typing in an angry manner(or angry at all). <.< sorry if my typing comes off that way.

where has anyone suggested that you "offer" burnt offerings? My comment was about your contempt for the study of His Word. You don't think it's important and this responding post only offers more excuses for not digging into what He says.

My point is that God gave us His Word and few read it. They glance over a few books in the last 1/3 and ignore the rest.

The Torah is a tree of life to those who seek the wisdom it contains. One can be 100% saved and still 100% ignorant of the instruction He gave us...but that is a personal choice since it is available in almost every language nowadays.

Why study something i really don't need to take part in? is all i'm saying. i just wanted to know. if i missed something i'm sorry. i've been confused about life for almost 5 years now. sorry if i confuse you with my words. but why study into something i don't need to study or take part in? is all i'm saying.

------------------

i quotred another poster.....but i'll read about lectivus after i'm done readin jeremiah. that book is about rebelion. something i need to read about right now. i've read 1-14 so far.

Edited by mts