• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/18/1966

Thanks so much to everyone for your encouragement and suggestions. I've been told it's not that my co-worker dislikes me, it's just that she hates her job and it makes her crabby. (I asked another co-worker several months ago why she seemed to dislike me so much and that's the answer I got.) She said not to take it personal, that everyone who works here can be like.

I guess I don't feel like that's a good enough excuse. Everybody at one point or another dislikes their job, but that doesn't excuse taking it out on the people around you. I've made every effort to be super nice to her, joke and laugh with her and many times, she laughs with me. But many other times she just acts like she's terribly annoyed that I exist. And what's weird is that I jobs aren't even that close to each other - I'ma graphic designer and she in accounts payable! Yet day to day, I'm froced to be around her because it's a small company. Sometimes I just feel like shouting "Do unto others and you have them do unto you!" but I'm too afraid to say anything. And I'm really afraid to aks her why she appears to dislike me because I'm afraid of what the answer will be. My self-esteem is fragile enough!

Dad Ernie - thanks for the verses. They remind me of how I need to pray for her.

I have an awful lot of people in my life - friends and famiy alike, that are takers. In fact, most of my Christian friends only talk about themselves when we're together and never once do they ask how I'm doing. Ironically, last week an old friend I went to high school with (who is not a believer) called me up and wanted to know everything that was going on in my life. :laugh:

Anyway, a long time ago I accepted that God puts me in people's lives for a reason - because they needed someone like me (My spiritual gift is mercy). So I give, give , give. As a result I'm like a plant that never gets water. It's gonna keep on giving oxygen but if you don't water it, it'll die! :oww: This is a burden that I have and as long as not much else in my life goes awry, I can handle being an "island." But when other things start to go south, well, I'm just not strong enough to deal.

But anyway, I appreciate hearing all of the stories. And the ways in which to deal with them. They made me very glad I have a great boss - so many of you have a hard time. I feel blessed by him nearly every day. You are all so sweet and wonderful to take the time to reply to my sad little post. :24:

Lord Jesus just like the woman whos meal never ran out during the famine, refreash rockswillcryouts spirit of mercy daily. Give rockswillcryout peace and joy that only you can give. Give understanding into this situation where you bring these to into contact, there is a reason if there work is competly different, and how to apropretly respond always letting your love and mercy shine through. Lord only you know the conditon of our hearts, and if this woman is unsaved put conviction upon her, and let rockswillcryouts light shine so bright that she wants what rockswillcryout has. I ask in Jesus name amen.