IGNORED

<2Peter3>:Dark Energy:end of Universe???

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Dark Energy/ End of the Universe???

by: romanczuk2001 05/28/04 02:50 pm

Msg: 168411 of 169151

http://sciencenews.org/articles/20040522/bob9.asp

Week of May 22, 2004; Vol. 165, No. 21 , p. 330

Dark Doings

Searching for signs of a force that may be everywhere . . . or nowhere

Ron Cowen

Ever since 1998, Robert Caldwell has been obsessed with something dark and repulsive. He spends nearly every waking moment trying to comprehend a mysterious entity that may be undermining gravity and pulling everything apart, making the universe expand at a faster and faster rate. This presumed force, sometimes called dark energy, might ultimately rip apart every object in the cosmos, from the tiniest of atoms to gargantuan clusters of galaxies (SN: 2/28/04, p. 132: Available to subscribers at http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20040228/fob3.asp). "It's both fascinating and terrifying," says Caldwell, a cosmologist at Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H.

RADIO PROBES. This group of radio telescopes, known as the Sunyaev-Zeldovich Array, is one of several new efforts designed to figure out what's revving up the expansion of the universe.

E. Leitch

Caldwell has partners in his obsession, among them other theorists and the astronomers who dropped the bombshell about cosmic acceleration onto the scientific community 6 years ago. That's when two studies of distant exploding stars first revealed that the universe is accelerating its rate of expansion

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dustycanvas

I find this topic very interesting...Im all into science! :b:

But, with this subject you can get into evolution/creationism very easily. Because to say that this "dark energy" could be the "End of the Universe" could be interpreted a few different ways. Now, this scientist is relating with the Big Bang Theory.

Me personally, I don't believe in "aliens" or "extra Terrestrial" life forms. I believe that God did it just as he said in Genesis. So, saying that...I dont' see a reason why God would create a whole lot of "extra" stuff. I mean, we ahve discovered other universes and what not. I htink he put so much other stuff just to give something to do. LOL He knew we would be curious in nature. LOL But, other than that I think it is possible that maybe, JSUT MAYBE this scientist has accidentally found the end of God's creations??? Is this far fetched to think? I'm asking.

I dunno, I'm not proclaiming in deep knowledge here...just speculating.

Guest dustycanvas

Oh, and to address your scripture...2 Peter 3...well, I personally do not believe that God would have His Wrath physically "creeping up on us" in the manner of a "dark energy". I have never found God to work this way. God is...well, GOD and I feel that when His time comes to destroy the Earth all will be in order for that to happen. I don't feel he would need to go about it this way.

I don't feel it will play out like, the movies, "Armageddon" or "The day after tomorrow". LOL