IGNORED

Salvation

improved

Guest shiloh357
Ok thanks. Just a note though, i do not use any commentaries and im not sure how you can say entire sanctification is unbiblical, when those who prove it to be so use scripture that specifically say it is.
You just cited commentators and scholars, so yes you do use commentators. You rest on the words of others as if they had the final word on the issue.

How are you sure of the authors intent anymore than those who disagree with you?
Because the Bible follows the rule of literature. The rules of hermeneutics (literary analysis) easily demonstrate the intent of the authors of any given text.

Do you agree that the powers of reasoning are not and cannot be set aside for the purpose of finding intent and that Gods commands are not unreasonable ?
I am employing the powers of reasoning and rules literary analysis.

There is no biblical basis for claiming that we are able to, or are expected to be entirely sinless in this life.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Ok thanks. Just a note though, i do not use any commentaries and im not sure how you can say entire sanctification is unbiblical, when those who prove it to be so use scripture that specifically say it is.
You just cited commentators and scholars, so yes you do use commentators. You rest on the words of others as if they had the final word on the issue.

How are you sure of the authors intent anymore than those who disagree with you?
Because the Bible follows the rule of literature. The rules of hermeneutics (literary analysis) easily demonstrate the intent of the authors of any given text.

Do you agree that the powers of reasoning are not and cannot be set aside for the purpose of finding intent and that Gods commands are not unreasonable ?
I am employing the powers of reasoning and rules literary analysis.

There is no biblical basis for claiming that we are able to, or are expected to be entirely sinless in this life.

Thanks for your even handed response and patience with me, the only person i have alluded to is Finney and his theology. While i suppose this does constitute commentary, it is no more so than your comments is it not?

Nice talking to you Shiloh, i will be desisting with this topic here and still maintain entire sanctification is possible and testified to by the Apostles and reliable men of God since.

I have come to realise however i need to be enjoying that which i preach first and that i am in no way fit to be a teacher of anyone. For these reasons i will be taking a back seat on topics and post as questions rather than assertions.

God Bless.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ken Rank
I have heard that the original concept of Salvation is, first of is not just Salvation from sin, but more importantly, that once that Imputed Sin is legally removed I shouldn't expect to sin again. This directly contrasts the Gentile struggle with sin and expecting to succomb to it, while thanking God for the blanket of "Grace" (which I think is misunderstood anyways) to pretend like I don't sin anymore.

What is the original view on Salvation. I feel the "Christian" view of it is wrong.

I haven't read through every post, so forgive me if I am repeating something that somebody else already stated. The Hebraic concept of salvation indeed differs than what we have been taught. "Salvation" was more of inheriting the promised land for eternity. So eternal salvation as we understand it applies, but it is almost a secondary thought to living in God's Kingdom in the land promised to them. (Which is MUCH bigger than the current nation of Israel)

For me personally, I do not see myself saved, yet. While I might be a member of God's Kingdom, that Kingdom is not yet made manifest. (Will be when Yehoshua returns) So I am saved from the sting of death from sin, but ultimate redemption does not happen for any of us until the day we are fully redeemed from this world.

Peace.

Ken