IGNORED

WN: Lutherans to Vote on Sexually Active Gay Clergy - Washington Post

WorthyNewsBot

Guest shiloh357
'nazorai'

Tell me brother, have you walked in these folks shoes to be able to judge them so harshly?

Sorry Shiloh but I just want to say:

naz - the Word of God judges -

If you see what shiloh has put forth from Scripture, you will see how it is judged.

How can Shiloh be judging when he is directing someone from what the Word says?

As I tried to express to you last night, (but you had your hearing aide turned down), the Word of God is GOD'S WORDS - not mans.

The truth is judging - do you see that?

Sorry but I do not see the spirit of compassion in him. He sounds like a Pharisee. Jesus did not talk that way to people struggling with sin.

It's just more honesty that you are willing to face up to. The Pharisees justified sin. They used the Bible and their traditions to skirt around their sin so that they could avoid conviction. That fits your position much better than mine.

Besides you are on record as rejecting the Bible as the inerrant inspired Word of God. Which prettty much puts anything you have to say outside the pale of biblical Christianity. You have no authority to challenge on biblical grounds whatsoever. Since you reject the authority of Scripture, and thus by extension the authority and inerrancy of the God who inspired.

I never said the bible was not inspired or a legitimate source of authority in a believer's life. Don't put words in my mouth and don't try to reopen a topic that has been locked down.

Yes you did. And I am not reopening a topic, but simply highlighting your lack of any real qualification to offer a sound Christian position on this issue due to your views about the Bible.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Where in Scripture does it say we are immediately set free from all sinful desires?
I never made that claim. What I am saying is that Jesus will fully deliver those who want to be delivered and will trust Him.

Shiloh, do you have any scripture that shows that this release from bondage can occur at any time we wish, rather than when God determines? That really changes everything. Perhaps I was taught in error about this from the very beginning. My first pastor told me that after salvation, in our journey with God, that God decides what bondage is broken, and when, and in which order... and we just need to be faithful and walk in that.

Naz - debate the topic, not the person

Guest HIS girl

'nazorai' .

I never said the bible was not inspired

Honesty is the best policy.

Don't put words in my mouth

You did this yourself without anyones help.

and don't try to reopen a topic that has been locked down.

No one is trying to.

You need to read more closely naz.

Guest shiloh357
'nazorai'
Sorry but I do not see the spirit of compassion in him. He sounds like a Pharisee. Jesus did not talk that way to people struggling with sin.

Excuse me?

Please re-read the Bible.

Do you recall when Jesus cleansed the Temple? How do you envision Jesus doing that?

Please be real.

Yeah, and believe me, he would be doing some major housecleaning in the church today!

He is doing it! :)

Jesus always demonstrated incredible mercy and compassion for those trapped in sin. The only people he judged harshly were the "religious" folks of his day, the self-righteous hypocrites.

Yes and Jesus delivered people from the bondage of sin He didn't leave them in it and tell them they were okay just the way they were

You think "compassion" includes letting people wallow in the bondage and telling them their sin isn't really sin.

What you are practicing is deception, not compassion.

Guest shiloh357
'nazorai'

Tell me brother, have you walked in these folks shoes to be able to judge them so harshly?

Sorry Shiloh but I just want to say:

naz - the Word of God judges -

If you see what shiloh has put forth from Scripture, you will see how it is judged.

How can Shiloh be judging when he is directing someone from what the Word says?

As I tried to express to you last night, (but you had your hearing aide turned down), the Word of God is GOD'S WORDS - not mans.

The truth is judging - do you see that?

It's just more honesty that you are willing to face up to. The Pharisees justified sin. They used the Bible and their traditions to skirt around their sin so that they could avoid conviction. That fits your position much better than mine.

Besides you are on record as rejecting the Bible as the inerrant inspired Word of God. Which prettty much puts anything you have to say outside the pale of biblical Christianity. You have no authority to challenge on biblical grounds whatsoever. Since you reject the authority of Scripture, and thus by extension the authority and inerrancy of the God who inspired.

I never said the bible was not inspired or a legitimate source of authority in a believer's life. Don't put words in my mouth and don't try to reopen a topic that has been locked down.

Yes you did. And I am not reopening a topic, but simply highlighting your lack of any real qualification to offer a sound Christian position on this issue due to your views about the Bible.

Well now you are just slandering me. Another sin. Please produce a post of mine where I said the bible was not inspired or a legitimate source of authority or kindly withdraw your false accusation.

It's only "slander" when it isn't true and in HG's thread on the authority of the Word of God, you denied the inerrancy, inspiration of the Scripture and thus by proxy you deny it authority, as its authority is based on both of those conditions. My accusation is not false. You simply don't want to take responsibility for your words.

Guest shiloh357
'nazorai'

Excuse me?

Please re-read the Bible.

Do you recall when Jesus cleansed the Temple? How do you envision Jesus doing that?

Please be real.

Yeah, and believe me, he would be doing some major housecleaning in the church today!

He is doing it! :)

Jesus always demonstrated incredible mercy and compassion for those trapped in sin. The only people he judged harshly were the "religious" folks of his day, the self-righteous hypocrites.

Yes and Jesus delivered people from the bondage of sin He didn't leave them in it and tell them they were okay just the way they were

You think "compassion" includes letting people wallow in the bondage and telling them their sin isn't really sin.

What you practicing is deception, not compassion.

I never tell anyone that a sin is not sin. But if a person call something sin the bible does not, that is also a sin.

The Bible calls homosexuality a sin and an abomination, you ascribe it to psychological issues. I believe you called it a psychosexual disorder.

Guest shiloh357
No it doesn't but I am through arguing with you. It's a waste of my time.
Yes it does, but you don't really believe the Bible anyway so it would be a waste of your time.

You would make a fool of yourself if you tried to mount such an argument, so your willingness to not go that direction is wise.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Shiloh, do you have any scripture that shows that this release from bondage can occur at any time we wish, rather than when God determines? That really changes everything. Perhaps I was taught in error about this from the very beginning. My first pastor told me that after salvation, in our journey with God, that God decides what bondage is broken, and when, and in which order... and we just need to be faithful and walk in that.

Luke 4 (NASB)

16And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.

17And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written,

18"THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME,

BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR.

HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES,

AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,

TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,

19TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD."

20And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.

21And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."

Proclaim release - but how does that say that it is immediate, or that it is able to be walked in at any time. Sorry :)

Guest shiloh357

Luke 4 (NASB)

16And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.

17And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him. And He opened the book and found the place where it was written,

18"THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME,

BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR.

HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES,

AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,

TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED,

19TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD."

20And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.

21And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."

Proclaim release - but how does that say that it is immediate, or that it is able to be walked in at any time. Sorry :)

Show me one place in Jesus' ministry or anywhere in the NT where those who came seeking deliverance from the bondage of sin were told they had to remain in it until later. Show one person that was not set free straight away.

Guest shiloh357
No it doesn't but I am through arguing with you. It's a waste of my time.
Yes it does, but you don't really believe the Bible anyway so it would be a waste of your time.

You would make a fool of yourself if you tried to mount such an argument, so your willing to not go that direction is wise.

My argument is frankly unassailable on that subject. No one has ever been able to refute it. But to even argue it would be banging my head against a brick wall.

Nazorai, I read and speak Hebrew and your position is so incrediblweak y and without biblical foundation. Like I said, you are wise to leave it alone.