IGNORED

WN: Lutherans to Vote on Sexually Active Gay Clergy - Washington Post

WorthyNewsBot

Guest shiloh357
Well now you are just slandering me. Another sin. Please produce a post of mine where I said the bible was not inspired or a legitimate source of authority or kindly withdraw your false accusation.

If I were you, I would take a few steps back sport. In His girl's thread about the authority of the Word of God, you state quite plainly that you do not believe that scripture is innerant, in post #26.

Onelight asks you: "Do you believe that the bible is the inerrant word of God?"

This is your reply:

No, I don't. And I see nowhere in Scripture where the bible makes that claim for itself. So one could say that is an unscriptural claim. I am told when people make claims here they must back that up with Scripture. So where is your back up?

So shiloh is not slandering you, and it would seem it's time for you to do a little back-peddling. And apologizing.

Sorry, but there is a difference between saying something is not inerrant and saying it is not inspired or authoritative. The issue that was being discussed was not even really about the inerrancy or inspiration of the bible. It was about the meaning of the term "Word of God". And I stand by what I said as it is totally scriptural. I asked for a scripture where the bible identified itself as the Word of God and no one could produce one.

You challenged both the inspiration and inerrancy of the Bible. If the Bible is not inerrant, then it is not authoritative as it claims to be. An inerrant God cannnot produce error. God cannot preserve His Word imperfectly.

But you don't believe the Bible anyway, so producing scripture would be pointless. You would just argue that it is not from the inerrant part of the Bible.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

1 Corinthians 10:12-13 12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Sin is always a willful choice. There is always a way out. That is why allowing a minister to continue being a minister when he proclaims to be a practicing and unrepentant homosexual is 100% wrong. He isn't repentant, he is involved in willful and habitual sin. And he does not have to be. And no matter how much nazorai wants to bleat that homosexuality is not a sin, the Bible is very clear on the subject. So clear that the only way someone could mis-understand the point is because they simply don't want to accept the truth. But then again, the person in question uses Leviticus to try and claim homosexuality is acceptable, but this same person does not believe scripture to be an authority on anything. That's odd. . .

There is a difference between resisting temptation, and being free from bondage. I resist the temptation already (not to boast, but I am able to stand under this). I was after scripture about being able to break the bondage NOW and not wait for God to act (if this is indeed how it works).

FYI - I don't buy Naz's argument anyway (I know what it is). Homosexuality is wrong, sinful, an abomination. Ministers shouldn't be practicing nor unrepentent.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Sorry, but there is a difference between saying something is not inerrant and saying it is not inspired or authoritative. The issue that was being discussed was not even really about the inerrancy or inspiration of the bible. It was about the meaning of the term "Word of God". And I stand by what I said as it is totally scriptural. I asked for a scripture where the bible identified itself as the Word of God and no one could produce one.

Several scriptures were produced, you simply didn't like them. I didn't really expect you to do any apologizing. Only people with integrity are able to do that.

I always apologize when I am wrong. I am not wrong. I know what I said and what I did not say.

Now if you want to end this argument please produce a scripture where the bible calls itself the word of God.

What do you think the Bible is?

Guest shiloh357
You challenged both the inspiration and inerrancy of the Bible.

Well, no I didn't. I challenged calling it the Word of God. Big difference.

If it is not the Word of God, it would have to be the word of someone else, which would mean that it is not inspired by God. To deny the Bible is the Word of God means it didn't come from God, but from another source.

Now if you want to end this argument please produce a scripture where the bible calls itself the word of God.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

If you have any doubt that the bible is the Word of God, all you're doing is play acting and your religion is worthless.

Something to think about.

2 Timothy 3

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

2 Peter 1

16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty.

17 For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Dear Father, in Jesus' name, I ask that you shut the mouths of all lying spirits, and I ask You to bind the spirits of homosexuality and lesbianism and cast them away from Your people.

In Jesus' name

Edited by nebula

Guest shiloh357
Your first statement is not true. Something can be inspired and not be the direct words of someone.
I didn't say anything about being the "direct words" of someone. That is not what "inspiration" means.

The bible does record God's direct words..."and God said" but not all words written are the direct words of God. God did speak directly to the prophets and they wrote down His words. And Jesus said he spoke all that he heard from God. But the bible contains much more than just that. Godly men were inspired to write down books of wisdom and poetry and instruction. We also have history. Even Paul in his letters would say something came directly from God but other times said he was just expressing his own opinion.
Actually, that is a misunderstanding of what Paul said. Paul never said anything he worte was his own opinion apart from God.

"Inspiration" means that God is the source of Scripture. More to the point, we as Christians believe in the plenary inspiration of Scripture, meaning that the entire Bible is wholly inspired from start to finish and that this transmission from God to man is without error and is complete.

One can think of the bible as the medium through which the Word of God is transmitted.
Yeah, one can think that; and one would also be completely wrong for thinking such. The Bible does not contain the Word of God, it is the Word of God. At least that is what REAL Christians know and understand.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

There is no case where God would not set anyone free from sin. He promises to do so. So the problem is with you, not God.

I figured someone would say that. If there is a problem with me that prevents God from answering my prayers in that one particular area, I would very much like to know what it is...

Maybe you dont really want deliverance. It could other things as well, or a combination of issues. But God is faithful to His Word, so there is no problem on his end.

Whatever the issue is, God is not to blame, you are.

Perhaps you don't realise how distressing it is to hear someone say this, after years of begging and pleading for the removal of these desires. Sanctification does not come instantly. Can man lead a perfect life?

Can you provide scripture?

The fact remains that God is faithful to His Word. No emotional appeal against me will change that fact. I don't know all of the factors in Phoenix's life and am not pretending to. But God is not holding anyone back, or keeping them sin. Often, we burn the candle at both ends. We want God's help, but are not willing to completely surrender.

God is neither responsible for someone for someone's entrance into this kind of orientation, nor is He the reason someone remains in it. What Phoenix needs is true deliverance and for that he/she needs pastoral counseling.

It is not about leading a perfect life, but it is about obedience.

See what you're doing here? You don't want to think that maybe homosexual attraction is not sin but temptation, and that God might not deliver it from you if you ask. So it's much easier to say that there's something wrong in my life, even though you don't have a clue who I am. Maybe I don't have enough faith... but the faith of a mustard seed can move mountains. Maybe I don't really want to change, or I haven't asked. What about all the nights I have spent crying and begging God to deliver me?

Yes, God is faithful to His word. He has promised that although we will be tempted, with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape, so that we'll be able to bear it. And always, He has done that. I'm not perfect, but in this area I've chosen obedience... not instead of temptation, but in spite of it.