IGNORED

How do you deal with people of different faiths?

GodPreciousChild

.... None of them have been hateful ....

Unbelief

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

John 16:7-9

Is Hate Against

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Proverbs 8:36

The Holy SON Of God

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 10:29

Unless You Turn

Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

Acts 8:22

And Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

You Perish

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:18

Best Regards, Joe

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2 Timothy 2:25

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1962

Hi undecided frog, my name is David, I have being a christian for now on 26 years and a catholic b4 that. Once I was just a religious zealot that went top church on sundays because thats waht catholics did, then one day whilst walking out of a church, a voice spoke to me ,and said, there is something wrong wtih all of this. And so begun a very interesting walk in which fro a long time i actually really wasnt sure abou what was going on. You see i knew about Jesus, but I didnt know Jesus, so He set up to change all that. God is real, Jesus is real, not becuause church told me but because i have met Him and belive me when I tell you that most christians have God and Jesus all wrong. I wish that I could introduce you to Him, i wish that I could show you the love that HE has for you and how exciting it can be when you know Him. Its not about church, or the bible its about siiting at His feet and just taking the time to Love Him then He takes care of the rest, We where sent to prach the gospel not the bible. we wher sent to let people know the reality of Jesus ,not to tell them fairytails. I am glad though that you know the name of Jesus, remember it. for one day it will be the one thing that stands between you and hell, between eternal life and everlasting suffering. The choice will be yours, God will not force anyone tp do antything, He does not send people to hell, they make that choice themselves and then have to spen eternity seperated from God and knowing that they made the wrong decision. Dont ask me to send you to churh, i will not, Jesus is the only way.

In His Love

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1

DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian. My opinions are my own. You do not have to accept them if you dislike them.

Dear Joe,

Thank you for your response to my comments to MorningGlory.

Unbelief Is Hate Against The Holy SON Of God

You are entitled to your opinion. However, I think it is sad to think that people who do not believe as you do are considered hateful. I think that sort of attitude will not win you friends or influence people.

Regards,

UF

DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian. My opinions are my own. You do not have to accept them if you dislike them.

Dear mjrhealth/David,

Thank you for your response to my comments.

Hi undecided frog, my name is David, I have being a christian for now on 26 years and a catholic b4 that.

From this I understand you do not consider catholics as christians. Why not? What is your definiton of a christian in its broadest sense? I am of the understanding that all catholics (Roman and Orthodox) are christians. My definition of a christian is anyone who believes that Jesus Christ is their lord god and savior. Am I wrong?

Once I was just a religious zealot that went top church on sundays because thats waht catholics did, then one day whilst walking out of a church, a voice spoke to me ,and said, there is something wrong wtih all of this. And so begun a very interesting walk in which fro a long time i actually really wasnt sure abou what was going on. You see i knew about Jesus, but I didnt know Jesus, so He set up to change all that.

So you heard a voice. Did anyone else hear that voice? Did that voice belong to anybody, or was it a disembodied voice? Could it be that it was just your conscience thinking? What did that voice say exactly?

God is real, Jesus is real, not becuause church told me but because i have met Him and belive me when I tell you that most christians have God and Jesus all wrong. I wish that I could introduce you to Him, i wish that I could show you the love that HE has for you and how exciting it can be when you know Him.

I wish you could as well. What is preventing you? I am willing to meet anyone.

Its not about church, or the bible its about siiting at His feet and just taking the time to Love Him then He takes care of the rest, We where sent to prach the gospel not the bible. we wher sent to let people know the reality of Jesus ,not to tell them fairytails.

By all means, please let me know the "reality of Jesus". Please show me that he is real, and not some fairytale.

I am glad though that you know the name of Jesus, remember it. for one day it will be the one thing that stands between you and hell, between eternal life and everlasting suffering. The choice will be yours, God will not force anyone tp do antything, He does not send people to hell, they make that choice themselves and then have to spen eternity seperated from God and knowing that they made the wrong decision. Dont ask me to send you to churh, i will not, Jesus is the only way.

As I understand the bible, your god created hell (as well as everything else, including me). It is inconceivable to me that any god would create me with the non-belief of his existence, and allow me to go to hell unless I believe in him, if he was a loving god.

Don't worry, I will not ask you to send me to any church. :whistling:

Regards,

UF

Edited by UndecidedFrog

Hmm, catholics are christians just as anyone who beleives in Jesus, but you wont find Jesus in any religious gathering , He meets with People who love Him, and anyone who will listen. God never made religion men did, God never wrote the bible , men did, if He had, we wouldnt be arguing.

2. None else heard that voice, it was like for a moment i was in the quietest place you could ever be, the He siad', there is something wrong with all this". It was in my mind in my spirit, but most people wont understand.

3. Well if you where in australia I could have some tales to tell, but as to whtere He shows is up to Him and wheter you believe He will. Unbelief and mistrust kills so much of our Lords work.

4.Ill post some things He has shown me.

5. Yes God made hell. Men make prisons, if everyone did good we wouldnt need them, if satan hadnt decide to sin against God none of this would of happened but like us he had a choice, God did not create you with unbelief, you choose not to believe, and its because He loves you that He gives you the choice. Would you love Him more if He forced you to believe, all He asks is that you accept that Jesus died for your sins, that is a free gift, dont you like free gifts, isnt a life in eternal happiness better than a life in eternal damnation.

I assume more questions will come.

In His Love

Could you imagine as it where, that you where driving done the road, drunk, and so you crashed into a bus and killed a lot of people, and then you where arrested, and thrown into prison. Then you get taken to court, the Judge looks at you, reads of a list of worng deeds, reads out the possible verdict, a life in prison never to be released, then he says, but your sentence has being payed for 2000 years ago by a man, all you have to do is accept that He has and you are free. What what would you do, accept the gift or put up with a lifetime of misory in prison. And there is so much more if you are willing to pursue the truth at any cost.

In His Love

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I personally, simply & reasonably point out the essential major differences between the two or three main world religions. They all require man to "climb up" to God. Evangelical Christianity, however, introduces the God Who "came down" to where we are, lived among us, ministered to us, died for us on a gibbet of shame, rose triumphantly and ascended to Heaven promising to return for all who trust Him as their Savior.

All religions cannot be right because all teach quite differently. Islam emphasizes self-works for salvation. Hinduism offers millions of different powerless gods. Buddhism underscores "reincarnation" instead of resurrection & a new body like Jesus' resurrection Body. I always tell my Buddhist friends that God's "Recycling Plan" is resurrection, not 'reincarnation' - and they usually ask for more info. Emphasize the God-Man, Jesus Christ; world religions have no one like Jesus!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/21/1957

I had a most ugly argument with a muslim. It got ugly. I just was never faced with a muslim telling me that Jesus is not the son of God and I got mad. I mean I have handled atheists better but this was ugly. Anyway, my question is, what did Jesus say we were supposed to do with people of differering faiths? How was I supposed to have handled that?

I'm not always the best about handling people of other faiths, or viewpoints even in Christianity. I am learning to a greater degree since I've been on Worthy Boards that many people already know what they believe and why, and it is difficult to change their minds. I also know what I believe and why. I just pray that I remain teachable, but where I will not compromise, as in the issue you bring up, I am trying to learn to keep emotion out of it (not totally successfully), just state what I believe and show the Scriptures to back it up, and then simply pray for the person's mind to be opened by God in His own timing and way. That's all I can do.

Rhonda

Dear mjrhealth/David,

Thank you for your response to my comments. In the future, I would appreciate you addressing your comments to me, so I know you are addressing me, and not someone else.

Hmm, catholics are christians just as anyone who beleives in Jesus, but you wont find Jesus in any religious gathering , He meets with People who love Him, and anyone who will listen. God never made religion men did, God never wrote the bible , men did, if He had, we wouldnt be arguing.

Thanks for that clarification. From your previous post, you said that you became a christian 26 years ago, and before that, you were a catholic. You can see how I understood your implication to mean that you did not consider catholics as christians. However, with you statement above, you have clarified that. Why won't I find Jesus in any gathering? Does he not exist as you claim? Why do you think Jesus will not meet with anyone who does not love him? According to the bible, he did that often. Forgive me, but I don't seem to be understanding you very well.

2. None else heard that voice, it was like for a moment i was in the quietest place you could ever be, the He siad', there is something wrong with all this". It was in my mind in my spirit, but most people wont understand.

So no one else heard that voice, and only you did. And you think it was in your spirit, but not your mind? How different was this from your conscience that often warns you of similar things? I can share with you that often, when I read some posts here on Worthy boards, my conscience has told me exactly in those words, "there is something wrong with all this". However, I never assumed that this was some god telling me this.

3. Well if you where in australia I could have some tales to tell, but as to whtere He shows is up to Him and wheter you believe He will. Unbelief and mistrust kills so much of our Lords work.

Sorry, I am not in Australia. However, I am interested in your tales. Why would Jesus show up only when I believe he will? That doesn't make sense to me. If he is real, he could show up whether or not I believe he is real. Unbelief should not matter.

4.Ill post some things He has shown me.

OK.

5. Yes God made hell. Men make prisons, if everyone did good we wouldnt need them, if satan hadnt decide to sin against God none of this would of happened but like us he had a choice, God did not create you with unbelief, you choose not to believe, and its because He loves you that He gives you the choice. Would you love Him more if He forced you to believe, all He asks is that you accept that Jesus died for your sins, that is a free gift, dont you like free gifts, isnt a life in eternal happiness better than a life in eternal damnation.

Yes, humans make prisons to punish those who transgress against society's laws. However, no human prison imposes a penalty as harsh as eternal torment in a lake of fire for any crime, let alone the alleged crime of not believing in a god.

If god did not create people with unbelief, why is it necessary to have religious schools, and churches with childrens' programs? If we were all born with belief in god, there wouldn't be so many people who believe in different gods, and no gods. I don't think your claim is correct. I think we are all born without any beliefs in god/s (or anything else). We are born without any kind of belief. We are then taught to believe.

I don't love anything I don't believe to exist. You have claimed the existence of your god, and I am willing to listen to your supporting evidence. I don't accept that christian salvation as any free gift. Free gifts have no required obligations in order to receive the alleged rewards. Christian salvation, according to my understanding does indeed have required obligations (belief in Jesus as lord god and savior, and repentance of sins, minimally). Hence this is no free gift. It is, at best, an offer.

You claim there is an afterlife, either in eternal happiness or eternal damnation. Please provide some evidence to support your claims that this is reality. Otherwise, you cannot blame me for not believing you.

Thanks,

UF

Dear mjrhealth/David,

Thank you for your response to my comments. I am assuming you are addressing me. If not, please pardon me if you weren't.

Could you imagine as it where, that you where driving done the road, drunk, and so you crashed into a bus and killed a lot of people, and then you where arrested, and thrown into prison. Then you get taken to court, the Judge looks at you, reads of a list of worng deeds, reads out the possible verdict, a life in prison never to be released, then he says, but your sentence has being payed for 2000 years ago by a man, all you have to do is accept that He has and you are free. What what would you do, accept the gift or put up with a lifetime of misory in prison. And there is so much more if you are willing to pursue the truth at any cost.

1) I would not drive anywhere when I am drunk. On top of that, I am not often drunk.

2) If I crashed into a bus, and it was my fault, I would receive the consequences of my actions.

3) The list of my wrong deeds is irrelevant to this crime. The judge will focus on the charge, this one wrong deed.

4) If I serve life in prison, I will be released when I am dead. The judge will never sentence me to eternal damnation in the torments of a lake of fire.

5) If the judge told me that I am free because someone paid for my crime 2000 years ago, I would think the judge was daft.

6) I think it is wrong that people who commit crimes to accept this "get-out-of-jail free" card. It promotes the abdication of responsibility for their actions and those people they have hurt (the families of the dead people on the bus). No, I think this idead of get out of jail free is a very bad idea.

7) Truth is not revealed by emotion, especially not the base emotion that drives some people to accept the get-out-of-jail free card. Truth is supported by credible evidence.

Regards,

UF