ginakay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I had never really thought all of this through but today I was burning trash and as I stood there feeding the flames and having to get further and futher away as the heat intensified....I thought about the lake of fire.

I thought I knew what I believed about this but now I 'm not so sure. I had thought that the lost also were raised before the Great White Throne Judgement. Today I realized that if they are raised and again have physical bodies (tho not glorified bodies) then they would literally die again physically in the lake of fire and their souls would remain there in torment.

So I got out the STrongs concordance and looked at all the scripture references to resurrection and can not really see where the lost will be raised again to physical bodies for coming to the judgement. Have I missed something or what?? Anyone know a scripture that says the souls of the unsaved will be raised again to physical bodies??

Certainly I know this is not an issue that is necessary to know (for salvation) but since I had always been taught that there is a resurrection of the just and the unjust it just stumped me not to be able to find a scripture to back that up. Am I overlooking it?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

I had never really thought all of this through but today I was burning trash and as I stood there feeding the flames and having to get further and futher away as the heat intensified....I thought about the lake of fire. 

I thought I knew what I believed about this but now I 'm not so sure.  I had thought that the lost  also were raised before the  Great White Throne Judgement. Today I realized that if they are raised and again have physical bodies (tho not glorified bodies) then they would literally die again physically in the lake of fire and their souls would remain there in torment. 

So I got out the STrongs concordance and looked at all the scripture references to resurrection and can not really see where the lost will be raised again to physical bodies for coming to the judgement.  Have I missed something or what?? Anyone know a scripture that says the souls of the unsaved will be raised again to physical bodies?? 

Certainly I know this is not an issue that is necessary to know (for salvation)  but since I had always been taught that there is a resurrection of the just and the unjust it just stumped me not to be able to find a scripture to back that up. Am I overlooking it?

Yeah this the called the Second Resurrection and also the White Throne Judgement. You can read about it in Rev. 20

Rev 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. (12) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. (13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. (14) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. (15) And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This takes place after the 1000 year reign of Christ.

Joh 5:28-29 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, (29) And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Ginakay:

Very good question and topic to start sis, but in the wrong forum. I am going to move it to the "Eschatology" Forum. :huh::rofl:

oops, sorry! Hadn't really thought of it as that sort of question but guess it is.

I think I wandered around in circles before I really posed the question. That is, what scripture is there that says that those who are lost (unsaved) will be raised to a physical body??

Jedi, thanks for the scriptures, do you understand the term resurrection to mean that they will have a physical body again??

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

oops, sorry! Hadn't really thought of it as that sort of question but guess it is.

I think I wandered around in circles before I really posed the question. That is, what scripture is there that says that those who are lost (unsaved) will be raised to a physical body??

Jedi, thanks for the scriptures, do you understand the term resurrection to mean that they will have a physical body again??

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Sure

Good point! It is so odd that I never thought this through, just thinking the second death was more a spiritual sense. These folk actually die twice physically. not a happy thought.

Thanks for your responses and the scriptures, I appreciate it.