IGNORED

WE NEED HELP!!!!!!

Guest AliveThroughChrist

Guest AliveThroughChrist

we have a friend who needs help, she thinks our church is a cult because of some dumb paper on the internet.....she believes if she leaves our church, that she will become free from satan.....and when we try to tell her the truth, she believes differently....satan has her wrapped around their finger and she cant see past that....she believes that she has had god all her life, and yet she admit to faking every part of it.......umm we dont know what to do anymore, so any suggestions would help....thanks alot

~Kaila and Jessica

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Hello Alive

Can I ask if this friend is looking at going to another church or if they are leaving the whole of their christianity behind?

Guest LadyC

can i ask what church it is that she's wanting to leave? i'm just curious... the only real church i know of that has such derrogatory things posted on the internet about it is the... oh what was that one that came all the way to nevada to picket against my daughter's high school? westboro baptist or something like that. reverend felps, i think. something like that.

if your friend is wanting to find a different church, let her go. no matter how wonderful the church is, she's apparently not getting spiritually fed there any longer. if she's wanting to leave the faith, then pray, and pray hard!

Guest AliveThroughChrist

ummmmmm....ya i am in canada...if thats any consilation...she is definetly considering going to another church...and she says she wants to stay with god..but she has never really experienced him

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

If she is going to another church then you need to let her go. Don't put God in a box for her wrapped up as your church. God maybe saying something to her personally and that is fine, she wont lose her salvation for leaving your church but she might walk away from you and more importantly God if you try and force her to stay. And to top it off if you try and force her to stay you will only confirm in her mind the rumours to be true because cults force members to stay and teach if you or anyone leaves you will no longer be saved.

My husband and I were involved for a very short time in such a church. Thriving God based but extreemly legalistic and members taught those who leave are going to hell, once you are in that is where you stay. I cottoned on pretty fast but Hubby didn't and I near died spiritually as a result of waiting for my Hubby to see it.

Moving church is like moving house for a job. In our natural lives we move house from time to time to fulfill a calling for work and so forth. If she has a particular church to go to let her go. You don't know what position God is moving her into or where He plans on using her, that is between her and God.

We have certain leaders that now wont even look at us let alone talk to us from the church we left because we stepped out of "Gods Will" according to them. We now open up our home once a fornight, I am involved in the catering for the kids, Hubby does all the plumbing for the church and we have now offered to have the youth in our home when ever needed. We have a call and are being used. At the previous church Hubby was involved in an extention project but as for any other ministery................ The legalism killed that............... oh and there is the fact we didn't attend the Friday prayer meeting at 6pm because Hubby rarely finished work before that so we certainly were not needed for anything more than what Hubby was doing.

My point being that God is using us far more where He wants us than where we were told we should stay or face the pits of hell.

Just because she is moving church or even denominations shouldn't end your friendship and if it does end it for you because you think you can't speak to her for going to another church........................... I'd seriously ask yourself is this a cult or not................. Because if you can't talk to her for fear of your leaders or for fear she is going to hell because of leaving your church, I would be suggesting it is somewhat of a leagalitic church bordering on CULT just as the one we left.

Guest LadyC

i concur with gym rose. let her go. to try and force or intimidate her into staying, even with the best of intentions, is too much of a risk.

she's still seeking God, and she's not finding Him in your church. you said that she's never truly experienced God. (is that your assessment, or hers?) if that's her assessment, then like i said earlier, she's not getting the spiritual nourishment she needs in your church! why on earth would you want to pressure her to stay where she's not getting fed?

the goal is not to keep her in any particular brick and mortar church building, but to keep her within the true church, the body of Christ. right?

Guest Auschwitz

*dies* thats actually kinda funny, Ihave a friend whose not allowed to play 2ed ADND because she beleives it will lead to the Occult :)

if shes going to another church whats the point of stopping her? obviously if shes trying to get out and saying its a house of satan shes going to run to a church she thinks is holy....

I wish she could see the Cathedral in Vancouver

Canada rocks :o

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

If you don't mind me asking... hehe what are ur doctines????