IGNORED

Peter's Vision

Guest Ken Rank

The proper Hebrew way to write his name is Yehoshua, Yeshua is the short form in Hebrew and the long form in Aramaic.

No, that is not and was not His name. If so, we'd be calling Him "Joshua". While Yeshua is a shortened form of Yehoshuah, when Gabriel told Yoseph to name Him "Salvation" the hebrew word is "Yeshua". Had the angel said name Him, "God is my salvation" then it would be Yehoshuah and Joshua would be the acceptable shortened form.

I started a new thread about this so it doesn't hijack this one any more than it has already.

But when you use "Yahshuah" or "Yehoshuah", you are simply repeating 2-House teaching errors.

But ya' know what? It makes NO difference. Are you saying that if somebody uses "Jesus" with a pure heart, Elohim will not hear him?

Nope, didn't say that either. But the truth does matter and this is just another of the many Ephramite errors that drives me nuts.

You can say Yeshua or Y'shua and I agree to think that is as ok as me saying Yehoshua or another saying Yahshuah, or another saying Jesus.

OK...then for the remainder of this thread I will call Him "Joe Bob".

As long as I know who I'm talking about, it shouldn't matter that no one else can communicate with me and be sure we're talking about the same Yeshua ben Yosef haNatzret, right?

Yes, I love Joe Bob! Joe Bob gave His life for me! I worship Joe Bob day and night, night and day!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I think that the Torah is viable to an exstant I dont know many Christians following all 600+ laws. Many of the laws were desighned for those people in that time period to meet there specific needs. Example would be circumcision. It is proven that on the 7 th or 8th day the blood in a newborn will clot more than any other time in a humans life. Now we have other ways than the meens theyhad then. We have ways to cook and make food healthy to eat such as pork that could have been dangerous then. Jesus said love God and love your neighbor and you have fullfilled all the law. Why cant God change his mind? He was set on destroying the people of Isreal until moses pleaded and God let them live.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Many of the laws were desighned for those people in that time period to meet there specific needs. Example would be circumcision.

Oak

There are some rules or traditions in the Torah that are no longer practiced because I feel they were relevant to the chosen people at a specific time for a specific period: burnt offerings, treating leprosy etc. Post 20

Is the art of reading no longer practiced either?

Oak

Edited by oak

• Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Many of the laws were desighned for those people in that time period to meet there specific needs. Example would be circumcision.

Oak

"There are some rules or traditions in the Torah that are no longer practiced because I feel they were relevant to the chosen people at a specific time for a specific period: burnt offerings, treating leprosy etc."

Is the art of reading no longer practiced either?

Oak

Guest Ken Rank
I think that the Torah is viable to an exstant I dont know many Christians following all 600+ laws. Many of the laws were desighned for those people in that time period to meet there specific needs. Example would be circumcision. It is proven that on the 7 th or 8th day the blood in a newborn will clot more than any other time in a humans life. Now we have other ways than the meens theyhad then. We have ways to cook and make food healthy to eat such as pork that could have been dangerous then. Jesus said love God and love your neighbor and you have fullfilled all the law. Why cant God change his mind? He was set on destroying the people of Isreal until moses pleaded and God let them live.

As you would guess HS, I agree in part and not in some. No, we can't keep all 613+/- commands. There is no Temple, we do not live in the land, and regardless of what any red/white/and blue blooded Americans might think, this nation (NO nation) is run according to the authority of God. We are as secular a nation as Israel is. However, is it still sin to serve other gods? Sure, things like that are a no brainer even for the staunchest "law nailed to the cross" Christian. But what of something like Sabbath? I don't see where in scripture it was done away with. I don't see where it was changed to another day. I do see where a law was past in 321CE making Sunday the "Day of the Lord." But nothing in scripture moves or rids us of Sabbath. So why do we hang 10 command signs in our yard or stick the same on our bumpers of our cars... but then keep only 9 of them? I have never understood that.

Yes, we have the means to make certain foods clean, but do we question God's command or justify them based on modern technologies? Catfish still sits at the bottom and eats poop. Shellfish still high in bad cholesterol, and while the bacteria in pork can be killed... that same bacteria still leaves it's waste behind and we eat it.

Again, I am not telling you what to do. I am simply sharing my perspective.

Peace.

Ken

Guest Ken Rank

Yod, I posted in your thread. But just in case you are too mad at this point to read it(you sure seem it), know that Joshua according to Strong's, Brown Driver Briggs, and a handful of other Lexicons and biblical dictionaries I have is Strong's #H3091. H3091 is pronounced Yehoshua. "Jesus," in Greek, according to Strong's, Thayor, and Liddel Scott, all say the origin is H3091... Yehoshua.

So Dr. Botkin can have an opinion, you can have one, I can have one... and since we are still in a corruptible state... we are probably ALL wrong. I assume there will be a ton of head smacking when Y'shua returns. No biggy... we aren't perfect but he that is will perfect whom he wills at his return.

Peace.

Ken

Guest Ken Rank
Very, very, tough question.... But before I answer, a very sharp answer from you about the 12 commandments because in my mind Christ's commandment about God = 1-4 of the 10 commandments Christ

Guest Ken Rank

Yod, you said I am repeating "two house teaching errors." I am not interested in how that applies to the name, I have spoken my peace in two threads concerning that. Does your congregation teach against Two Houses? If so, how is that justified? Feel free to start a Two House thread if it isn't a short answer.

peace,

Ken

Yod, I posted in your thread. But just in case you are too mad at this point to read it(you sure seem it), know that Joshua according to Strong's, Brown Driver Briggs, and a handful of other Lexicons and biblical dictionaries I have is Strong's #H3091. H3091 is pronounced Yehoshua. "Jesus," in Greek, according to Strong's, Thayor, and Liddel Scott, all say the origin is H3091... Yehoshua.

So Dr. Botkin can have an opinion, you can have one, I can have one... and since we are still in a corruptible state... we are probably ALL wrong. I assume there will be a ton of head smacking when Y'shua returns. No biggy... we aren't perfect but he that is will perfect whom he wills at his return.

Peace.

Ken

My mom's name is Betty. That comes from the name "Elizabeth" but if you called her that, she wouldn't respond though technically it is the root form of her name.

Its the same with Yehoshua and Yeshua.

But I'm not mad at you, Ken. You are doing what you've been taught to do. My frustration is with the errors being spread by so many of the hebrew-roots teachers. While I don't judge someone by their knowledge as much as by their faithfulness, I do get rather irritated by having to correct this Yahshuah-bunk constantly when it would just be easier if these "teachers" consulted a hebrew speaker instead of making these kinds of things up as they go.

Yes, the Almighty Joe Bob hears and understands our hearts no matter what name we use as long as it is done in His character, but accuracy in translating terms/names/words is still important when speaking to humans.

Yod, you said I am repeating "two house teaching errors." I am not interested in how that applies to the name, I have spoken my peace in two threads concerning that. Does your congregation teach against Two Houses? If so, how is that justified? Feel free to start a Two House thread if it isn't a short answer.

peace,

Ken

I've started a few threads about it already if you want to dig them up. I have a lot of friends who are in this "movement" because its usually a church of goyim who want to throw off the Greek-version of christianity handed down to us from Europe. I applaud that!

But going too far can be as bad as not going far enough.

My thoughts on the 2-House issue have nothing to do with my congregation (though I'm sure they would agree) but the fruit of this ends up being a new kind of replacement theology. Since there is no standard theological base for the Ephramites, each individual congregation goes off in a different direction theologically.

Some might lean more "sacred name" while others lean more "we are the Lost Tribes" and still another is closer to baptists that go to church on Saturday and use the Moshe Konichiowsky bible. There is no single issue that they all agree on except this Yahshuah error and the redefining of the words "jew" and "israel" to fit their theology.