• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Shadow,

I quoted from memory. The fact that it was not plural makes no difference. An expression.

All of what you are saying is contradicted by the statement Paul made. He identified as a Spirit sent to buffet him the "thorn in the flesh." Spirit and eye problems are not the same thing. And everytime you see the word eye or seeing with the word infirmity any where in the near proximity, you got poor Paul blind. Even though he did not mention it once when talking about the 25 major problems in his life. Not once.

But you see "large letters", you see these big hunking letters of the alpha-bit, instead of long letters.

But then, you add to it that he needed someone to dictate his letters. That contradicts your other claim because surely his dictator isn't blind also.

In the meantime, your theory actually takes away a previous healing Paul had in that his eyes had been struck blind on the road to Damascus, and then healed 3 days later. Suddenly maybe he wasn't healed. Maybe God wasn't big enough to heal him properly and it haunted him later. This is the kind of damage this theory does. It is a theory that contradicts what we do know. Spirit buffeted Paul. Named as a Spirit. Now Paul could communicate very clearly. But he never said he was blind. Not in any of his many mentions of his sufferings. Not once.

If you were blind, do you think you'd be able to clearly get that fact across. If you heard Joni on the radio, you would know within a very short time she was a paraplegic. She would let you know. Why? Because it is part of her testimony to bring glory to God. Her attitude about it does just that. So why would Paul put covert messages in his writings about his eyesight problems? He certainly knew how to tell us when he got healed of blindness.

Too much reading into the word, while ignoring the obvious.

Edited by Scudbuddy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

BOTTOM-LINE BASED ON HOLY SCRIPTURE:

1. God CAN heal anyone of anything;

2. God MAY heal anyone of anything;

3. God MAY NOT heal anyone at all;

4. God WILL heal everyone... until the FINAL AILMENT!

5. Peter declares there IS a ministry of SUFFERING;

6. Paul reminded us that going to heaven is "GAIN";

7. Pentecostal "faith healers" don't like ICUs, AIDS wards or local cemetaries;

8. If "miracles, healings and 'tongues' (better languages) are listed LAST by

Paul, why do some kind folk ELEVATE these three matters to No. 1?

XLNT declarations & queries. May Jesus Christ be praised!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

BOTTOM-LINE BASED ON HOLY SCRIPTURE:

1. God CAN heal anyone of anything;

2. God MAY heal anyone of anything;

3. God MAY NOT heal anyone at all;

4. God WILL heal everyone... until the FINAL AILMENT!

5. Peter declares there IS a ministry of SUFFERING;

6. Paul reminded us that going to heaven is "GAIN";

7. Pentecostal "faith healers" don't like ICUs, AIDS wards or local cemetaries;

8. If "miracles, healings and 'tongues' (better languages) are listed LAST by

Paul, why do some kind folk ELEVATE these three matters to No. 1?

XLNT declarations & queries. May Jesus Christ be praised!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

I was with you till #7. Suddenly you stereotyped us all, and also did not display the historical facts. You see, I know of a hospital being emptied. :x:

In Mozambique, a cholera epedemic hit that was killing very fast a multitude of people. A believer I know went to the hospital where those infected were waiting to die. Prayed and within very little time, the place was empty. Had been jam packed. Now empty.

I also have personally seen the dead raised. Pronounced dead. Dead for 45 minutes. EMT had stopped working on her. When person got on his knees to pray for her healing, at that time that person came back to life. I was there. Saw it with my own eyes. Did I mention this person has a ministry that some might call "faith healer"?

By your logic, the word of wisdom and knowledge are the greatest gifts. Yet we know that love is the greatest gift as stated in I Cor.13.

• 13 years later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 8/2/2004 at 5:59 PM, Scudbuddy said:

Paul was not sick. Paul asked for God to take away a Spirit that had been sent to buffet him. Read the whole text. Nothing in there about being sick. It says it was a Spirit. Cessationist began to teach that to discredit the healing movement some time ago. And now Spirit filled believers are beginning to believe this sort of stuff.

A man by the name of Warfield in the 1800's who after a long battle lost his wife to sickness, though he prayed vigorously for her healing popularized a theology (though these things had also been brought up in the reformation times because of the many bogus healings by the saints) in which God stopped healing after the bible was canonized. His particular commentary on Paul and this "sickness" is what really brought this into our churches. He did this out of a hurt heart toward faith healing and the extremes out there. His commentaries are the engine behind most Cessationist churches.

? "Paul was not sick. Paul asked for God to take away a Spirit that had been sent to buffet him. Read the whole text. Nothing in there about being sick. It says it was a Spirit. Cessationist began to teach that to discredit the healing movement some time ago. And now Spirit filled believers are beginning to believe this sort of stuff."