• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

The pre tribers will have time to get over their shock of seeing the Anti Christ come to power as the real problems don

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For their sake, I hope you're right, Neb.  I would hate for any fellow believer to be decieved by the misinterpretation of their own scriptures the same way the Jews were.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Let me just say one profound statement:  I'm "PAN-RAPTURE"....however it "pans" out, I'm going with Jesus!

:angel2:

How many times have you said that now CWJ? I've got news for you, we're comin too. :) So, do you think it will pan out before or after the tribulation?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Levi, I got into a study on the rapture one time, and to be honest I couldn't tell which view was completely right.

I'd say scripture supports more the post-trib, but I would rather it be a pre-trib.

I just never saw two second comings in the Word.

• 2 weeks later...

red46,

Your post really touched me. I want that to happen to my children. I really enjoyed the article in ccm this month about kids and the Holy Ghost. Our kids are in spiritual intensive care units, and it's our job to teach them, and pray for them continually. The whole ccm was great this month, if anyone hasn't read it, you should. I love how they are bustin out the charismatic movement, even though they are selling pages advertising it.

Val

Revelation 3:2-3

"BE WATCHFUL, AND STRENGTHEN THE THINGS WHICH REMAIN... IF THEREFORE THOU SHALT NOT WATCH, I WILL COME ON THEE AS A THIEF, AND THOU SHALT NOT KNOW WHAT HOUR I WILL COME UPON THEE."

The Lord does not want to come to us, "as a thief."  There is the "IF" in that verse that most ignore.  We are not supposed to be surprised by His coming, "if" we are aware and awake. Some things are revealed to us, and we are to know them.

Deuteronomy  29:29

"THE SECRET THINGS BELONG UNTO THE LORD OUR GOD: BUT THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE REVEALED BELONG UNTO US AND TO OUR CHILDREN FOREVER, THAT WE MAY DO ALL THE WORKS OF THIS LAW."

It is the children "of the night", or "of darkness", that are to be taken by surprise by the "day of the Lord."  It shall come as a "thief" to them.

I Thessalonians 5:1-11

"BUT OF THE TIMES AND THE SEASONS, BRETHREN, YE HAVE NO NEED THAT I WRITE UNTO YOU.  FOR YOURSELVES KNOW PERFECTLY THAT THE DAY OF THE LORD COMETH AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT.  FOR WHEN THEY SHALL SAY, 'PEACE AND SAFETY;' THEN COMETH SUDDEN DESTRUCTION UPON THEM, AS TRAVAIL UPON A WOMAN WITH CHILD, AND THEY SHALL NOT ESCAPE.  BUT YE, BRETHREN, ARE NOT IN DARKNESS, THAT THAT DAY SHOULD OVERTAKE YOU AS A THIEF.  YE ARE ALL THE CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT, AND THE CHILDREN OF THE DAY; WE ARE NOT OF THE NIGHT, NOR OF DARKNESS. THEREFORE LET US NOT SLEEP, AS DO OTHERS; BUT LET US WATCH... COMFORT YOURSELVES TOGETHER, AND EDIFY ONE ANOTHER, EVEN AS ALSO YE DO."

We, as Christians, are to be different that the world.  We are "not to be in darkness" and surprised by the Lord's coming.

Daniel 8:19

"BEHOLD, I WILL MAKE THEE KNOW WHAT SHALL BE IN THE LAST END OF THE INDIGNATION (the great tribulation), FOR AT THE APPOINTED TIME, THE END SHALL BE."

Long ago, God appointed a time for the second coming and all the events prophesied. These dates are set and will not be changed.  The very idea  that God did not know what would happen, and would have to change His planned times because of events that He did not foresee -- is foolish.  He warns in Revelation against the very idea that we can add to, or take away from...the events just as He outlined them. ( Revelation 22:18-20)

Are we not to be concerned by the "when" of these events??? Surely, we are.  But there is a passage that many try to appeal to, in order that they might justify "unconcern" toward the times.

Mark 13:32

"BUT OF THAT DAY AND THAT HOUR KNOWETH NO MAN, NO, NOT THE ANGELS WHICH ARE IN HEAVEN, NEITHER THE SON, BUT THE FATHER..."

Jesus, at that time, did not know the time of the rapture and second coming.  He had emptied Himself of His omniscience until He was glorified again after the resurrection.  Yet, in that same passage we are told to:

"TAKE HEED, WATCH, AND PRAY...COMMANDED HIS PORTER TO WATCH...WATCH YE THEREFORE...AND WHAT I SAY UNTO YOU, I SAY UNTO ALL, WATCH."

We may not know the "day or the hour", but we are not to have a lack of interest in the times.  Most who quote from Mark 13:32-37, disobey the whole truth Jesus was trying to tell us there. We are being instructed to "watch" and be alert to the signals of His coming.

II Peter 3:9-10

"THE LORD IS NOT SLACK CONCERNING HIS PROMISE, AS SOME MEN COUNT SLACKNESS; BUT IS LONGSUFFERING TOWARD US, NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH BUT THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE..."

Because it seems as though it has been so long, since the promise of His return, and the event itself...some think God has forgotten, or that maybe we are expecting something that will never occur.  But God has already appointed a time, and He is not slack, He is just awaiting the salvation of all He can.  When His appointed time arrives, He shall come.

We are in the generation.

Luke 21:32

"THIS GENERATION SHALL NOT PASS AWAY, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED."

Two things pin down the "generation."  It will be the generation during which Israel becomes a nation again. this occurred in 1948. It will also be during the generation when Jerusalem will not be controlled by the Gentiles any longer.  Since 1967, all of Jerusalem has been under control of the Jews. This is our generation.

Why can't we know the "day" or the "hour?" The word "day" is from the Greek word "hemera".  It is the time space between dawn and dark, or the whole 24 hour  day.  The word "hour" is from the Greek word "hora", meaning a short time, a short season.  It is a part of a day. What we are not to know is the exact day, and the exact hour of His coming. Can we come within a year?  Or can we come within a month, or a week???  And if we thought we knew the "day", say a Monday...it is already Tuesday somewhere on the earth, since it is round.  And if we thought we knew the "hour", say midnight...it is already 1 A.M. somewhere, since the earth is round.  Knowing this, God told us that we cannot know the "day" or "hour."

The "times" and the "seasons" are supposed to be discerned by the saints.  The word "seasons" is from the word "kairos" means "clock time."  This means we are to be aware of how much clock time is left.   Just as someone who watches the clock at work, if quitting time is 4:00 and it is 3:30, they are well aware that they are in the last half hour. In the schools, one can tell it is one minute till the bell, by the kids on the edge of their seats, books in their arms, and one foot in the aisle ready to jump from their seats.  In the same way, we are to know the clock time left, so we may be anxiously waiting when the Lord returns.

The word "chronos" is the word for "times" in the Bible.  It refers to a fixed or special period of time.  We are to be aware of when we are in that special period of time just before the coming of Jesus.  God has indicated events we are to see within that last time period, and we are to be well aware that we are in that period. In the work place, those who work Monday through Friday, and have the weekend off, are well aware that on Friday - the weekend is soon to arrive.  They know in which time period they are. We too should know we are in the final time period before the coming of Jesus.

In which time period are we?  In the Bible, a day often indicates 1000 years.  

II Peter 3:1-13

"...BUT, BELOVED, BE NOT IGNORANT OF THIS ONE THING, THAT ONE DAY IS WITH THE LORD AS 1000 YEARS, AND A 1000 YEARS IS AS ONE DAY."

In the middle of a treatise on prophecy, we find this verse.  It means that one truth we cannot afford to be ignorant of is that in the period of time God has given mankind, as one day is part of the week, so one thousand years is a part of the 7000 years  that God has given mankind.

Consider what the early church believed about it.

Book of Barnabas 13:3-5

"And God made in six days the works of His hands, and He finished them on the seventh day.  Consider, my children, what that signifies, He finished them in six days, the meaning of it is this: that in 6000 years the Lord will bring all things to an end.  For with Him, one day is 1000 years, as Himself testifies, saying, "behold, this day shall be as 1000 years," Therefore, children, in 6 days, i.e. 6000 years shall all things be accomplished."

The early church understood this better than the church of recent days.  There is to be 7000 years from Adam's creation until the end of the millennium.  the millennium, in the Bible, is often called "the day of the Lord."  It is like the "sabbath" of the week.

From Adam to Noah 2000 years

From Noah to Christ 2000 years

From Christ to nowabout 2000 years

_______

total 6000 years

So it is almost time for the millennium.

Hosea 6:2

"AFTER TWO DAYS WILL HE REVIVE US: IN THE THIRD DAY HE WILL RAISE US UP, AND WE SHALL DWELL IN HIS SIGHT."

Hosea was speaking of a time when the Jews will reject their Messiah.  Then, says Hosea, He will revive us after 2 days.  If Hosea meant 2 literal days, then the prophecy was not fulfilled.  If Hosea meant 2000 years, then we are about to see the revival of Israel to accept the Messiah, as is to happen in Petra during the Millennium. Then during that third day, the Millennium, they shall dwell in the sight of their Messiah.

Even the Jews of the past believed this.  In GEMARA, a commentary on the Talmud, by Rabbi Ketina:

"The world endures 6000 years, and in one thousand it shall be laid waste (i.e. the enemies of God destroyed), whereof it is said, 'The Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.  As out of 7 years, every 7th is a year of remission, so out of 7000 years of the world, the 7th millennium shall be the millennial (1000 years) years of remission, that God alone may be exalted in that day.'"

The early church emphasized this teaching.  Ireneas, an early church apostle, 150 A.D., said:

"This is an account of the things formerly created, also it is a prophecy of what is to come.  For the day of the Lord is 1000 years, and in 6 days created things were completed; it is evident, therefore, that they will come to an end in 6000 years."

so... with the calendar mistakes down through the centuries, and our calculation errors that may or may not have been made... we may not know exactly when the LORD WILL COME... but we do know it is very... very soon...

Guest EPHRIAM777
Quote: from Nebuchadnezzar on 7:31 pm on Mar. 5, 2002

The pre tribers will have time to get over their shock of seeing the Anti Christ come to power as the real problems don

In the RAPTURE He comes FOR  His saints.  In the SECOND COMING, He comes WITH His saints.  Just as in the first coming of our Lord to earth, a time period of 33 years was spanned.  In the next coming of our Lord, a time period of 7 years will be spanned.

There are a number of Greek words that are translated to describe the rapture.

HARPADZO

= to be caught away, out of harms way by force

EKPHUGEIN

= To escape away from a dreaded person or thing

APOLUTROSIS

= to take unto oneself a valued object

All three indicate that the rapture would be BEFORE the thing can be harmed.  

In the prophecy of Daniel, seventy sevens of years are given to Israel.  Sixty nine of those have occurred, and the last seven of years is yet to occur.  When the Lord has finished dealing with the Gentile church, He will again deal with the nation of Israel for seven years.  This is the 70th week of Daniel, that we commonly call "the tribulation."  Why should the church remain here for the Lord's final dealing with Israel ?

The tribulation is a time of wrath on an ungodly world,  on an apostate, backslidden church, and on a backslidden Israel.  

We, the true church, are:

I Thessalonians 5:9

"NOT APPOINTED UNTO WRATH."  

And consider -

I Thessalonians 1:10

"TO WAIT FOR HIS SON FROM HEAVEN... WHICH DELIVERED US FROM THE WRATH TO COME."

In the Scriptures, types are used to illustrate the picture of the rapture which was to be fully revealed later.  In the rapture of Enoch, it came before the judgment of the flood.  In the story of Lot and his family, they were delivered before the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.  These show that the nature of God is to deliver His own, before He pours out His wrath. The rapture of the church precedes the tribulation.

The Bible teaches us that the Antichrist will not be revealed until the church is removed from the earth.

II Thessalonians 2:6-8

"HE THAT LETTETH (hinders) WILL LET (hinder), UNTIL HE BE TAKEN OUT OF THE WAY.  AND THEN SHALL THAT WICKED (one) BE REVEALED..."

Some have argued that the "he" of the verse does not refer to the "church," because the church is the "bride of Christ."  However, the church is not referred to by feminine pronouns, is not symbolized by a woman, and is not the "bride of Christ."(See  Rev. 21:9-10) The church is called a "man" in Ephesians 2:15, 4:13.  Also the church is called the "body of Christ" in I Corinthians 12:12-13, 27, Ephesians 1:22-23, and Colossians 1:18, 24.  So it is most appropriate to refer to the church as "he."  

The church is the only "hinderer" of lawlessness that will be taken out of the world before the tribulation.  The Holy Spirit will remain on the earth since there will be people being saved during most of the tribulation.( John 14:16, Acts 2:16-21, Rev. 12:17, with 19:10, Zechariah 12:10 to 13:1).

Satanic scheme to explain the rapture!

There are many messages to those in the new age movement from their demonic sources that have been telling them that the earth has an infection, pollution which earth needs to cleanse. It refers to the Christians as "dark forces", and they are  referred to as those who "no longer fit in".  Such pollution, infection, and dark forces... they say... are keeping earth and its forces from the "light" of evolving to a higher state of consciousness called the "fifth dimension."

They describe a plan to "evacuate" millions of people who are out of vibration with "Earth Mother". As a surgeon removes a cancer, extraterrestrials are prophesied to be coming to "beam up" many into alien ships  in a "twinkling of an eye."

Ashtar spoke through George Van Tassel in 1952   Ashtar is one of the 'Council of Seven Lights' pledged to save mankind from itself... Ashtar says a planet named Lucifer was destroyed by such an out of sync population...

In the 1980's this same Ashtar demon spoke through Thelma Terrell (Tuella) in her book called "Project World Evacuation" saying that earth would be spared by the evacuation of millions of people who threaten the evolution of the earth.

"...The Great Evacuation will come upon the world very suddenly. ... So sudden and so quick in its happening that it is over almost before you are aware of its presence... Our rescue ships will be able to come in close enough in a twinkling of an eye to set the lifting beams in operation in a moment."

Ashtar also says that this will come in several stages...

"PHASE I of the Great Exodus of souls from the planet will take place at a moment's notice when it is determined that the inhabitants are in danger.

PHASE II This second phase immediately following the first... as we return for the children of all ages and races."

Ashtar also says:

"Do not be concerned nor unduly upset if you do not participate in this first temporary lift-up of souls... This merely means that your action in the plan is elsewhere... Your time will come later, and these instructions are not necessary for you at this time."

Kay Wheeler in 1994 in Connecting Link Magazine (a quarterly New Age periodical) that some extraterrestrials called "Souls of Light" from the "Seven Celestial Plane of Life" say:

"The Mother is desperately fighting for her life... She is in critical condition at this time... That is why you see the many crises in the world.  ... The Mother is cleansing. It is all that  she knows to do at this time to clear herself of the pollution that exists within her body. But you as light bearers can help your Mother to cleanse in such a way that does not destroy all life on this planet.... Earth's population needs to be decreased to bring forth the necessary changes upon this planet to move into the fourth dimension... Many of these beings who are leaving this planet at this time have completed that which they came to do.  It is a time of rejoicing for them.  Do not feel sad about their leaving.  They are going home.   Many are waiting to be with them again... Many beings must move on, for their thought patterns are of the past.  They hold on to these thoughts that keep Earth held back."

In 1995, Barbara Marciniak, in her book "Pleiadian Keys to the Living Library", tells of the coming disappearance of millions of people.... With 13 trance-channeling sessions with "Pleiadian" aliens describing future calamities... saying that tragedies will accelerate until the 'great shift' occurs... This same Barbara Marciniak, in her book "Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians", tells of a coming evacuation... These evil spirits

claim to be the "Original Planners" of the earth, who seeded the earth with their DNA, and say  "A major leap is about to take place."

"If human beings do not change-- if they do not make the shift in values and realize that without Earth they could not be here-- then Earth, in its love... will bring about a cleansing that will balance it once again. There is potential for many people to leave the planet in an afternoon... The people who leave the planet during the time of Earth changes do not fit here any longer... perhaps 20 million people leave the planet at one time there will be a tremendous shift in consciousness for those who are remaining..."

Earlyne Chaney, a New Age channeler, receives messages from an evil spirit named Kut-Hu-Mi... saying that earth "realizes that her matter must be purified... must be cleansed of the dark thought forces..."

Asher, a evil spirit speaking through John Randolph Price on December 31, 1986 told him that two billion people who didn't go along with the New Age would be wiped off the face of the earth during the coming cleansing.

Timothy Green Beckley says about the "light workers" who are left behind;

"...Many of the New Age workers and instructors who feel that they  will be taken will not be taken right away, but left behind to help mankind survive through the cataclysmic period. This is their mission."

The rapture is the removal of God's children before the outpouring of the wrath of God... The evil spirits are aware of such an event...  The New Age, attempting to explain away what will be a great puzzlement in that day, believe the lies of the evil spirits that this is good for those left behind...  In reality, the wrath of God, the changes that come then will be horrible, tragic, and deadly to most of the world.

We need to decide if we want to believe the apostles, the Scriptures, or believe the New Age false prophecies...

There is much dissension and disagreement on when the rapture will take place, amidst believers... and pre-tribbers, mid-tribbers, and maybe even some post tribbers will go in the rapture when it occurs... the mid and post ones are going to be shocked to suddenly be in the clouds with the pre-tribbers..... LOL... but... after their special class in heaven on 'remedial prophecy'  ... they will be joining us in the throne room for that wonderful scene shown in Rev. 4 & 5... LOL

These new age ones trying to prepare their crowd for the shock to the rest of the world ...of the rapture are coming up with some inventive 'explanations.....'  but while they are trying to explain it... we will be rejoicing in heaven....