Sir Gareth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian. My opinions are my own. You do not have to accept them if you dislike them.

Dear MorningGlory,

You said:

Stoning is only carried out by muslims in this day and age.

That is true if you limit your description to actual rock throwing. However, right here in the USA, we do have some recent examples of some pretty barbaric punishment meted out by some people. President Obama recently signed into law the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, officially named for Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr.

From Wiki:

The Act is named after two victims of bias-motivated crimes in the United States, Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Matthew Shepard was a student who was tortured and murdered in 1998 near Laramie, Wyoming because he was perceived to be gay. His killers were not charged under hate crime laws because, at the time, the hate crime law in Wyoming did not recognize gay people as a suspect class. James Byrd, Jr. was an African-American man who was tied to a truck by two known white supremacists, dragged from it, and decapitated in Jasper, Texas in 1998. Similarly, there was no hate crimes law in Texas at the time.

The murders and subsequent trials brought national and international attention to the desire to amend U.S. hate crime legislation at both the state and federal levels.

This law will hopefully deter some people from perpetrating hate crimes against perceived homosexuals, even though the christian bible claims homosexuality is an abomination.

Regards,

UF

My point was that N.C. is not held accountable for blasphemy by any mortal...he must account for his words and actions to God only. Has nothing to do with homosexuality, racism or hate crimes.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian. My opinions are my own. You do not have to accept them if you dislike them.

Dear MorningGlory,

You said:

That is true if you limit your description to actual rock throwing. However, right here in the USA, we do have some recent examples of some pretty barbaric punishment meted out by some people. President Obama recently signed into law the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, officially named for Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr.

From Wiki:

The Act is named after two victims of bias-motivated crimes in the United States, Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Matthew Shepard was a student who was tortured and murdered in 1998 near Laramie, Wyoming because he was perceived to be gay. His killers were not charged under hate crime laws because, at the time, the hate crime law in Wyoming did not recognize gay people as a suspect class. James Byrd, Jr. was an African-American man who was tied to a truck by two known white supremacists, dragged from it, and decapitated in Jasper, Texas in 1998. Similarly, there was no hate crimes law in Texas at the time.

The murders and subsequent trials brought national and international attention to the desire to amend U.S. hate crime legislation at both the state and federal levels.

This law will hopefully deter some people from perpetrating hate crimes against perceived homosexuals, even though the christian bible claims homosexuality is an abomination.

Regards,

UF

So you get a longer "life without parole" or "death" penalty under the "Hate Crime" laws? Or will it be used to silence free speech? We shall see, we shall see.

Dear MorningGlory,

You said:

From Wiki:

Regards,

UF

So you get a longer "life without parole" or "death" penalty under the "Hate Crime" laws? Or will it be used to silence free speech? We shall see, we shall see.

Yes, we SHALL see....

Homosexuality IS an abomination...onto the Lord. It is for Him to deal with, not us.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Homosexuality IS an abomination...onto the Lord. It is for Him to deal with, not us.

I agree that its not for humans to deal with at all. Which includes preaching. Besides, my homosexual friends are fantastic and I would hate to insult their intelligence by telling them they're going to hell. They usually just laugh at that sort of thing anyways.

They won't be laughing for long. I will pray for you and your gay friends.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Parker1,

You said:

If you define the torture and murder (as was done to Matthew Shepard) of a perceived homosexual as "free speech", I support the limiting of this type of free speech.

Regards,

UF

Edited by UndecidedFrog

Dear Parker1,

You said:

If you define the torture and murder of a perceived homosexual as "free speech" as was done to Matthew Shepard, I support the limiting of this type of free speech.

Regards,

UF

That's not even close to what he said.

Dear MorningGlory,

You said:

I am glad that your position is to leave any alleged abomination for your god to deal with, and that you should not deal with it. I hope you can convince all your brethren to a similar position as well. If you are successful, perceived homosexuals would not have to fear for their lives, and the point of such recently enacted legislation would be moot.

Regards,

UF

Dear MorningGlory,

You said:

If you define the torture and murder of a perceived homosexual as "free speech" as was done to Matthew Shepard, I support the limiting of this type of free speech.

Regards,

UF

That's not even close to what he said.

Please enlighten me on what you think he meant to say.

I am curious.

Regards,

UF

Edited by UndecidedFrog

Dear MorningGlory,

You said:

I am glad that your position is to leave any alleged abomination for your god to deal with, and that you should not deal with it. I hope you can convince all your brethren to a similar position as well. If you are successful, perceived homosexuals would not have to fear for their lives, and the point of such recently enacted legislation would be moot.

Regards,

UF

Passing 'hate crime' legislation will not stop the evil perpetrated by man and, yes, it's my belief that it's God's job to deal with homosexuals. Is it a proven fact that those who killed that poor man because he was gay (or perceived to be gay) were Christians or muslims, Jews, Hindus or....what? Were they atheists? I don't remember ever hearing that they killed him for religious reasons, nonreligious reasons or ANY reason other than just to see him die.

Edit: I looked up old news articles about the Mathew Shepherd case and found nothing except that it was for drug money. Nothing at all about the killers being religious zealots of ANY faith. The were simply meth-addicted murderers. Imagine that. They would've killed him if he had been a straight football player too.