• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Ok lurker; I can see how evolutionists work this now. No matter what kind of argument a creationist comes up with, you guys will continue to find a way around it.

So see # 14 of my post. I believe that The universe and man were made by God in 6 literal days, and God spoke these things into existence, for the simply fact, that He in His word said He did.

So it's not really who comes up with the best argument at the moment, but when deciding this question for ones self; it's who are we going to believe, God or Evolution?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Why do you choke on this question?

Because it's completely incoherent.

Lurker

Lurker, you're waffling. Why will you not answer a question as simple and straightforward as that one? It's either yes or no. :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Ok that's a fair question; how do I decide who is right? Here's my answer, if the article or scientists findings contradict the Bible, then I don't agree with it. If they agree with the Bible then I'm on board.

So the quality of the research itself isn't really at issue is it? Only the nature of the conclusions as to whether or not they agree with you. Is that a fair characterization?

Lurker

Like I said; true science agrees with the scripture. anything else is just a myth

Is it your position that the God of Abraham is not the sole creator of the universe?

Yes.

Why do you continue to insist that you're a believer, Lurker? If the above is true....you are not a believer, no way, nohow, no matter what you say. You have denied the very foundation of Christianity.

Is it your position that the God of Abraham is not the sole creator of the universe?

Yes.

Why do you continue to insist that you're a believer, Lurker? If the above is true....you are not a believer, no way, nohow, no matter what you say. You have denied the very foundation of Christianity.

Aaaaah I see. It took me a while to figure out just what went wrong here. I missed the "not" in the original question, my bad. What I was trying to say was that yes, I believe that God IS the sole creator of the universe. The sheer number of questions you've obliged me to answer here MG is kind of staggering, and the law of averages is bound to catch up at some point with post after post of mind-numbing demands for answers that don't really tie in to any cohesive argument. I trust you are starting to understand my initial reluctance in answering horizon's "simple question", all answers just seem to lead to more questions with no end in sight. I'm currently ruing the day I let you sway me into opening these particular flood gates.

Lurker

Well, that's a relief, Lurker. I was shocked when I read your 'yes' to that question but...I do understand missing a word or accidentally adding one. That being said...how am I obliging you to answer a deluge of questions? I only ask my own....I don't get it. :laugh:

I'm starting to feel like a pinata here. Woe is me. Woe.

Lurker.

:thumbsup: I didn't realize. Do what I do, answer the questions once and move on. I don't let anyone push me into screaming meemieville anymore. Try it; it's great for reducing stress and...it saves a lot of time. :emot-hug:

.... This whole shebang started with horizon asking about design in nature mashed up with something or other about darwinism being synonymous with atheism ....

The Whole Shebang Started A Long Long Long Time Before Dear Brother Horizon Ever Asked Anything

Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, Yes, has God said,...

Genesis 3:1(a-b)

And Do You Really Think It Is Rational To Teach Children Lies About Their Maker?

You turn things upside down! Is the potter no better than his clay? Can something that has been made say about its maker, "He didn't make me"? Can a piece of pottery say about the potter, "He doesn't understand"?

Psalms 29:16 (GWT)

Do You Think It Wise To Teach That Lifeless Stuff Became It's Own Creator?

You, Lord, at the first did put the earth on its base, and the heavens are the works of your hands:

Hebrews 1:10 (BBE)

And Is It Wise To Trust The Little Ones To The Evil Evolution Mythos?

See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

Colossians 2:8 (NASB)

While Turning Them Away From Jesus Their Creator?

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Hebrews 3:12 (KJV)

Just For The Fleeting Joy Of Sinners' Tales?

Jesus said to them, If you were blind, you should have no sin: but now you say, We see; therefore your sin remains.

John 9:41 (AKJV)

Is It Really Wise, Guy?

The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into his hand. 36 One who believes in the Son has eternal life, but one who disobeys the Son won't see life, but the wrath of God remains on him."

John 3:35-36 (WEB)

To Mock The Son?

For he that shall be ashamed of me, and of my words, in this adulterous and sinful generation: the Son of man also will be ashamed of him, when he shall come in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Mark 8:38 (DRB)

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 11:25-26 (KJV)

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come. Psalms 71:18 (KJV)

The deep end; it's what you're off of.

:emot-pray:

.... What an epic waste of bandwidth ....

.... The Whole Shebang Started A Long Long Long Time Before Dear Brother Horizon Ever Asked Anything ....

.... Really? Talking about design in nature is the same as the serpent in the garden? ....

.... And Do You Really Think It Is Rational To Teach Children Lies About Their Maker? ....

.... Nope, that's probably why I don't teach children lies about their maker ....

He Is Worthy

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 4:11

Of Bandwidth AND Of Truth Speaking

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

You Think?

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Isaiah 45:9

Believe

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.

Psalms 26:2-4

Him

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

>>>>>()<<<<<

.... To Mock The Son? ....

.... The deep end; it's what you're off of ....

Amen! :D:24::24:

For There Is Only One

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:6

So Dear One, Deeply Put Your Hope In Him

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 44:24

Forgo Those Lies Of Wicked Men And Trust In God

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalms 139:23-24

Knowing Endless Study, True Or False Of Critters

And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Ecclesiastes 12:12-14

Will Not Save A Fellow Trapped

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

1 Timothy 6:20-21

In Words Of Guile

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:8

Jesus Saves

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 6:47

Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 6:25-26

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come. Psalms 71:18

But do we find "apparent transitionals" that demonstrate chimps and humans have a common ancestor or are such claims based on bedtime stories?

Yes, we do find apparent transitionals that demonstrate a common ancestor between humans and apes.

Lurker

What would those be? :blink:

Bump....

Lurker, you haven't answered my question.