Orr v'emet

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this subject. Frankly, I have been sad over the last couple of weeks and it's something that I haven't experienced but one other time in my life. As some may recall, my grandmother is dying and I have just had a really difficult time at work the last couple weeks. I work in a hospital and all of the sickness and death is just wearing on me I think. I beat myself up sometimes because I think that since I am a child of God I shouldn't be sad, I should always be joyful. Should I really be? Am I being a bad witness or a bad Christian because I am sad and having a hard time getting through it?

• Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Remember JESUS wept. :t2:

Guest Called

Hey Sis! You didn't tell me you were sad! It is not wrong to be sad, but we cannot let it run our lives. You cannot live in your emotions, it will allow the devil to creep into our lives and develop depression and fear in our minds. You must decide to not dwell on the negative, you must take authority over every negative thought that comes in your mind and discard it and in it's place you speak one of God's promises. I know you have one of those little "God's promises" books, read about sadness in there and see what the Word says about it.

Yes, Jesus wept, but it wasn't for long. He took control of His mind and he did something about it.

Your witness will be in how you deal with your sadness. Ask God for His supernatural joy. Don't let grandma being sick put you in a place of depression. God is in control! It is that simple. Her time of death was known before she was even born. She will pass on in God's timing and we have to trust in His mercy and love. He loves her, more than anyone in her family can even comprehend. They think they love her, but compared to God's love for her it is nothing.

You think happy thoughts (pollyanna) ;)

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Phillipians 4:8

Nothing happens that doesn't pass through our Father's hand first. NOTHING

Love you!

Dobby! :D:t2:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/2003

No, I don't think you are.

I don't believe that being a "joyful" Christian is always an ourward expression of happiness. Joy is deep in your heart, but it does not make you immune to the sadness of the world.

I think David was sad when his son was murdered. I think Jesus was sad when he discovered Lazarus had died before he got there. I think that Abraham and Sarah were sad after years and years of trying to have a baby they wanted so badly.

My heart aches for you because you are sad, Kristin, but know that doesn't make you any less of the person God created you to be. You can be joyful of your salvation AND sad that your grandmother is ill. We are sad because of what the world does to us - a world that is not our home. I think that if you weren't sad, I would wonder what pills you were taking! :t2:

But in all seriousness, I think that being sad and overcoming it (as you eventually will) can be a tremendous witness! That will not make you a bad witnese or a bad Christian. If anything, this will only make you stronger.

I've been suffering from tremendous sadness the last few weeks. And I have to get up and lead worship in church! And one thing I've discovered in the midst of my sadness is that there is a reason for it. God has something to show you in all of this and it will only draw you closer to him.

:hug:

Be blessed and encouraged today that Jesus and your friends at Worthy love you very much.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Thanks guys for all the love...I feel it. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't need to repent of something or get myself right so to speak. Thanks for putting it all in perspective. The weight of the world just gets you down sometimes. It's just hard when you face sickness and death everyday at work. I guess my coping skills are just a little out of whack given whats going on with my g'ma.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Remember JESUS wept. :t2:

absolutely...he was deeply saddened by MUCH of what He saw in people. He was moved with compassion, and wept...

Edited by ServingHim

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this subject.  Frankly, I have been sad over the last couple of weeks and it's something that I haven't experienced but one other time in my life.  As some may recall, my grandmother is dying and I have just had a really difficult time at work the last couple weeks.  I work in a hospital and all of the sickness and death is just wearing on me I think.  I beat myself up sometimes because I think that since I am a child of God I shouldn't be sad, I should always be joyful.  Should I really be?  Am I being a bad witness or a bad Christian because I am sad and having a hard time getting through it?

I don't know how you do it. I could never handle the sadness of a hospital.

You are an angel in disguise! I have a couple of friends who are nurses and see it as a mission for others. God bless you all!

Paul told us to weep with those who weap...to bear one another's burdens. I am not that strong...but you are being made stronger.

Who knows why? Maybe it's because He knows you will grow...and then comfort others with the comfort by which you have been comforted. You have been placed there for such a time as this. Shine!

I'm praying for you right now. You have a unique position to bring the joy of knowing Jesus into the lives of people who may not have long to live. Count even the sadness as joy. Count it all joy

does your Grandmother know the Lord?

Guest Called
does your Grandmother know the Lord?

I will answer for her (she is my sister). Yes, our grandmother knows the Lord.

Also, My sister is a Social Worker in the hospital, not a nurse (just to clarify), but she still sees alot of bad stuff! :t2:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

KMB, I believe that all of us have emotional highs and lows and inbetweens. Its just part of the human condition and can be from situations, or physical problems as well as mental and spiritual. I do believe we are meant to have that deep down peace and joy in our heart even when things are falling apart otherwise. The Bible says that IN HIS PRESENCE is fullness of joy. One thing I could suggest is to immerse yourself in the WORD and spend some time alone with the Lord just being in His presence. If you continue to feel down and out be sure and get a good physical to be sure you aren't "ailing" in some way. Of course, having a loved one facing a terminal condition is certainly enough to make you feel somewhat down. But I do think you can have that underlying joy and peace that the Lord gives. May God bless you and keep you during this time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings KMB,

No one has ever said that we will be happy and joyful over all the sorrow we see in the world. As was pointed out - Jesus wept. We recognize your service to the sick and dying and it is a calling that few can handle, as Yod has pointed out. You are a dear to be there for those who need someone in the worst of life's moments. Do not be discouraged, but just keep starting your day off with prayer and reading the Word, that will help strengthen you for what lies ahead in your days. This is what Jesus often did and probably did all the time. He also "escaped" the confines of his disciples frequently and just got alone with God. We need that. So don't feel you are being neglectful of your duties when you get so down that you just need to "get away". If Jesus had to, I can guarantee you that we need it too.

Again, thank you from all of us for carrying that ball down the field.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie