• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I was a fisheries control officer for many years. During the closed season for a fish we call shad (not the American shad), people used to poach them in great numbers. I once caught a guy in a wheelchair, fishing from a pier, who had stuffed 17 fish (about 12 to 15" long), in his clothing, under his butt, etc.

He was not amused 1. That he had been caught 2. That I (jokingly), told him I was going to impound his vehicle :emot-questioned: It was a smelly arrest.

On another occasion I was manning a roadblock when I saw a car approaching. I could see there were 4 Indian fishermen in the car, which stopped about 50 yards from us and pulled a U turn. The chase was on! After a short while (it was an old banger with smoke pouring from it, and 4 fishing rods sticking out the back window), I pulled them over and got them all to sit on the Kerby. I told the driver to open the trunk and he told me the lock was broken. I said OK I will force it open with my tire iron. Amazingly all of a sudden the trunk lock worked! When I opened the trunk there were 127 shad lying on the carpet.

The driver turned with a look of indignation to his sorry looking friends and screamed "Who put these shad in the trunk!"

Nice try :P

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

With a title like "Leaping Lizards!" I thought this was gonna be a cool post about Robin, the Boy Wonder...

Darn it. :29:

Isn't that what Jimmy Olson used to say to Superman? Sorry you were disappointed wyguy.... I thought having 15 lizards affixed to your body for long flight was enough to say Leaping Lizards about.... you're a tough guy to please!! :emot-questioned::24::24:

I quote from the "Secret History of Batman in Japan"

"Mind, the 1960s American Batman comics were pretty goofy, too (Robin would often times be caught saying something like, "leapin' lizards, Batman!"), but not gimmicky in the way that the Far East ones were. One story, for example, features the Go-Go the Magician as the Dynamic Duo's nemesis; another, the mysterious Professor Gorilla."

Yes, I am hard to please, old, and cranky.

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!

:P:24: :24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I was a fisheries control officer for many years. During the closed season for a fish we call shad (not the American shad), people used to poach them in great numbers. I once caught a guy in a wheelchair, fishing from a pier, who had stuffed 17 fish (about 12 to 15" long), in his clothing, under his butt, etc.

He was not amused 1. That he had been caught 2. That I (jokingly), told him I was going to impound his vehicle :emot-questioned: It was a smelly arrest.

On another occasion I was manning a roadblock when I saw a car approaching. I could see there were 4 Indian fishermen in the car, which stopped about 50 yards from us and pulled a U turn. The chase was on! After a short while (it was an old banger with smoke pouring from it, and 4 fishing rods sticking out the back window), I pulled them over and got them all to sit on the Kerby. I told the driver to open the trunk and he told me the lock was broken. I said OK I will force it open with my tire iron. Amazingly all of a sudden the trunk lock worked! When I opened the trunk there were 127 shad lying on the carpet.

The driver turned with a look of indignation to his sorry looking friends and screamed "Who put these shad in the trunk!"

Nice try :P

I can't stand when people put stuff in your trunk and don't tell you.... :24: Are those fish like American shad? Are they expensive? I can't imagine - other than to feed themselves why people would hide them. They must be delicious!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

He was not amused 1. That he had been caught 2. That I (jokingly), told him I was going to impound his vehicle :wub: It was a smelly arrest.

Nice try :blink:

I can't stand when people put stuff in your trunk and don't tell you.... :blink: Are those fish like American shad? Are they expensive? I can't imagine - other than to feed themselves why people would hide them. They must be delicious!

Very good eating! And in the closed season hard to get, so yeah they are very expensive on the black market. :blink: (and illegal to sell, they are a recreational species only and may not be sold commercially because they are a stock under fishing stress)