• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

1Jn 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

1Jn 3:19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

1Jn 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

1Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

The conviction i feel when i sin..is this my heart condemning me?... and therefore mean i am lacking confidence in God?

Preceding scriptures say children of God do not continue to sin. Maybe this condemned heart is different from the conviction i feel when i sin,and my heart is not condemned because Lord Jesus is my rock...because i believe on His name and love my neighbour?

I would appreciate views on this please.

david+ :group-hug:

There are many good posts here. Lots of good stuff.

I can only add a smidgen to this.

It is important to note that conviction and condemnation are two separate things.

I think they were already covered but I'll put it in my own way.

Conviction is being convinced or persuaded in the truth.

Condemnation is referring to the punishment phase of judgment.

If our heart for instance says, "Well, my sin is too great, it's over now. God will surely consider me reprobate and refuse to help me."

This would be a condemnation that would make it very difficult to pray under. But we are comforted that God is greater than our heart's evaluation and beside that He knows everything. He knows we are but flesh and considers our frailty, I think it is for this that his mercies are new everyday. So, even under our heart's condemnation, we can go in repentance to God. And it would certainly be to our advantage if we were not under condemnation but rather knowing we have been walking a good walk with the Lord.

This may be an old saying WyGuy but it's new to me and I like it:

"An unbeliever leaps into sin and loves it, but a Christian falls into sin and loathes it."