e lansing

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

adam WAS sinless when he was created. God created him with the CAPACITY to make his own choices... i.e. he was created wit the CAPACITY to commit sin. but he was not created WITH sin.

and no, ovedya was not saying that adam's perfect choice to sin made him not responsible for his choice... it made adam 100% responsible for his choice, unlike we are today.

Are you saying that we are not responsable for our sin? or are you say that the defference between today and Adams day he did not have a sin nature like us?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adam WAS sinless when he was created. God created him with the CAPACITY to make his own choices... i.e. he was created wit the CAPACITY to commit sin. but he was not created WITH sin.

and no, ovedya was not saying that adam's perfect choice to sin made him not responsible for his choice... it made adam 100% responsible for his choice, unlike we are today.

Right.

What I meant by "perfect choice" was that Adam made his choice absent the influence of indwelling sin. The only influence that Adam could have acted upon was the external influence of Satan. Nevertheless he had the capacity for making a "perfect choice." We do not possess such a capacity today due to indwelling sin.

you are as slick as snot! :noidea: i get it! :emot-highfive: so this is based upon the fact because adam was created without sin he was without sin and therefore perfect right! Wrong where does it say he was perfect??? :rolleyes: Just kidding. Thanks for helping a brotha out :rolleyes:

adam did not have a sin nature.

we are still responsible for our choices, that's not what i meant. what i meant was just to expand on what ovedya said... when eve ate of the apple, she was not influenced by her inherited sin nature because she had none. she was influenced only by the serpent who deceived her.

got it!! NOT!!!!! just kidding :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Right.

What I meant by "perfect choice" was that Adam made his choice absent the influence of indwelling sin. The only influence that Adam could have acted upon was the external influence of Satan. Nevertheless he had the capacity for making a "perfect choice." We do not possess such a capacity today due to indwelling sin.

you are as slick as snot! :noidea: i get it! :emot-highfive: so this is based upon the fact because adam was created without sin he was without sin and therefore perfect right! Wrong where does it say he was perfect??? :rolleyes: Just kidding. Thanks for helping a brotha out :rolleyes:

:13:

My pleasure.

I really did mean well when I said that you should study systematic theology. It's good that you're asking questions, that you're thinking. But never be so resolute in your opinion that you are not willing to listen to alternatives. I've learned to listen with discernment.

adam did not have a sin nature.

we are still responsible for our choices, that's not what i meant. what i meant was just to expand on what ovedya said... when eve ate of the apple, she was not influenced by her inherited sin nature because she had none. she was influenced only by the serpent who deceived her.

great!!!!

Right.

:cool:

My pleasure.

I really did mean well when I said that you should study systematic theology. It's good that you're asking questions, that you're thinking. But never be so resolute in your opinion that you are not willing to listen to alternatives. I've learned to listen with discernment.

Are the words "systematic theology "in the bible? :13: just kidding i will take you up on that