• Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Greetings~

The tribe of Dan is located where?

Snowdoove

Is? or was?

The tribe of Dan was one of the 10 northern tribes that were taken to Assyria. Your guess as to where they are now is as good as anybodies. Thre is a theory (Anglo-Israel) that speculates they are the current inhabitants of Denmark.

The tribe's portion of the land was on the shore at Joppa, just north of Judah, south and west of Ephraim. They took another portion from the Sidonians at the northern boundry of Palestine and named it Dan.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Greetings~

The tribe of Dan is located where?

Snowdoove

Is? or was?

The tribe of Dan was one of the 10 northern tribes that were taken to Assyria. Your guess as to where they are now is as good as anybodies. Thre is a theory (Anglo-Israel) that speculates they are the current inhabitants of Denmark.

The tribe's portion of the land was on the shore at Joppa, just north of Judah, south and west of Ephraim. They took another portion from the Sidonians at the northern boundry of Palestine and named it Dan.

Old Timer~

Within my research, I have read about the Tribe of Dan living in Denmark too.

Sort of a small world, as the saying goes.

Snowdoove

HI all:

I read some time ago, that the tribe of Dan after being forced from their land, travelled throughout Eu and Great Britian. You can tell where they established

cities thoughout the area by the Names.... They all begin lwith DAN.....

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  04/14/1977

I wish I had it in front of me right now.....

I watched a documentary years ago on A&E called the Quest for the lost tribes of Israel. Directed and researched by Simcha Jacobovici.

Based on cultural and social custom elements and also using the bible as a modern day treasure map, he has located what he believes the possible location of the decendants of the lost tribes of Israel.

I found it to be sooo interesting. One of the documentary's to get me thinking even more in the last 3 years about Jews and Israel in general.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Middle East - AP

Israel Might Adopt 'Lost Tribe' in India

Tue Aug 10, 7:31 PM ET

By DAN WALDMAN, Associated Press Writer

JERUSALEM - Israel might "adopt" 6,000 Indians who claim Jewish ancestry, depending on a decision from the Chief Rabbinate, officials said Tuesday.

A delegation sent by Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar traveled to eastern India last week to investigate the group, called the "Bnei Menashe," or children of Manasseh, who claim descent from the lost tribes of Israel, a spokesman for Amar said.

About 800 of the Bnei Menashe have been brought to Israel in the last decade by a group called Amishav, Hebrew for "my people returns."

However, the program was halted by Interior Minister Avraham Poraz last year because of concern that refugees from developing nations would take advantage of dubious links to the Jewish people to gain entry.

"A year ago, Amishav approached the chief rabbi to investigate the issue," said Shlomo Parvar, Amar's spokesman. "He sent a delegation to India to find out if they are Jewish."

The four-person team is expected to present its findings in two weeks, Parvar said.

According to Amishav, there is ample evidence to show that the Bnei Menashe are of Jewish descent. Many have relatives living in Israel. Customs, including family purity laws, mourning rights and the use of a lunar calendar, closely mirror Jewish traditions.

The Bnei Menashe, who number about 6,000, were originally animists who were converted to Christianity by British missionaries in the 19th century. In 1953, a tribal leader named Mlanchala had a dream in which his people would return to Israel. The tribe then adopted Jewish traditions.

However, their links to the Jewish people could not be proved, so they were not eligible to emigrate to Israel under Israeli law, which gives Jews the right to automatic citizenship.

"They have been trying to come to Israel for many years," said Rabbi Eliahu Birnbaum, a judge in the Israeli rabbinical court and a member of the delegation. "We know they are descendants of the Jewish people, and we want the state of Israel to help them move here."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...rael_lost_tribe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings RT,

At 7:19 you posted the article about the "lost tribes", and at 8:30 after visiting another board and finding the article, I then posted it to the Hebrew Roots topics. Interesting how our minds run in the same circles.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie