• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello everyone

Interesting bulletin

""Earth's magnetic field - the force that protects us from deadly radiation bursts from outer space - is weakening dramatically.

Scientists have discovered that its strength has dropped precipitously over the past two centuries and could disappear over the next 1,000 years.

The effects could be catastrophic. Powerful radiation bursts, which normally never touch the atmosphere, would heat up its upper layers, triggering climatic disruption. Navigation and communication satellites, Earth's eyes and ears, would be destroyed and migrating animals left unable to navigate.

'Earth's magnetic field has disappeared many times before - as a prelude to our magnetic poles flipping over, when north becomes south and vice versa,' said Dr Alan Thomson of the British Geological Survey in Edinburgh.

'Reversals happen every 250,000 years or so, and as there has not been one for almost a million years, we are due one soon.'

For more than 100 years, scientists have noted the strength of Earth's magnetic field has been declining, but have disagreed about interpretations. Some said its drop was a precursor to reversal, others argued it merely indicated some temporary variation in field strength has been occurring.

But now Gauthier Hulot of the Paris Geophysical Institute has discovered Earth's magnetic field seems to be disappearing most alarmingly near the poles, a clear sign that a flip may soon take place.

Using satellite measurements of field variations over the past 20 years, Hulot plotted the currents of molten iron that generate Earth's magnetism deep underground and spotted huge whorls near the poles.

Hulot believes these vortices rotate in a direction that reinforces a reverse magnetic field, and as they grow and proliferate these eddies will weaken the dominant field: the first steps toward a new polarity, he says.

And as Scientific American reports this week, this interpretation has now been backed up by computer simulation studies.

How long a reversal might last is a matter of scientific controversy, however. Records of past events, embedded in iron minerals in ancient lava beds, show some can last for thousands of years - during which time the planet will have been exposed to batterings from solar radiation. On the other hand, other researchers say some flips may have lasted only a few weeks.

Exactly what will happen when Earth's magnetic field disappears prior to its re-emergence in a reversed orientation is also difficult to assess. Compasses would point to the wrong pole - a minor inconvenience. More importantly, low-orbiting satellites would be exposed to electromagnetic batterings, wrecking them.

In addition, many species of migrating animals and birds - from swallows to wildebeests - rely on innate abilities to track Earth's magnetic field. Their fates are impossible to gauge.

As to humans, our greatest risk would come from intense solar radiation bursts. Normally these are contained by the planet's magnetic field in space. However, if it disappears, particle storms will start to batter the atmosphere.

'These solar particles can have profound effects,' said Dr Paul Murdin, of the Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge. 'On Mars, when its magnetic field failed permanently billions of years ago, it led to its atmosphere being boiled off. On Earth, it will heat up the upper atmosphere and send ripples round the world with enormous, unpredictable effects on the climate.'

It is unlikely that humans could do much. Burrowing thousands of miles into solid rock to set things right would stretch the technological prowess of our descendants to bursting point, though such limitations do not worry film scriptwriters. Paramount's latest sci-fi thriller, The Core - directed by Englishman Jon Amiel, and starring Hilary Swank and Aaron Eckhart - depicts a world beset by just such a polar reversal, with radiation sweeping the planet.

The solution, according to the film, to be released next year, involves scientists drilling into Earth's mantle to set off a nuclear blast that will halt the reversal.

Given that temperatures at such depths rival those of the Sun's surface, such a task would seem impossible - except, of course, in Hollywood.""

Interesting don't you think

Revelation 16:8-9

"""8 Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. 9And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory."""

hmmm somthing to think about

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Adstar, interesting indeed! I wonder if this plays into the global warming factor? First they say it's because of the harvesting of the amazon rain forest and now population explosion.

Also, how you equated the 4th angel into this scientific scenario. Fire is definitely a key element to be played out in the end times, but I'm not exactly persuaded we are so close, as many figure this generation to be the last, before the return of Christ. Could be if rapidity excellerates extensively.

But once again, in linking what science can depict on the bases of 'natural causes' to what may be backed by spiritual beings (angels) is of interest to me.

When I think about it..all of the natural elements (however cursed) came out of the Great Original -God-

So as to say, that even in their primal 'blessed state' have something of the makings of God himself about them?

I know when we start talking earth, air water and fire, often a pagan connotation incurrs. But this lesser form of serving the creature or creation, rather than the one source who created all, is to form other gods before the God of all.

Perhaps God in his sovereignity, pervades throughout all as hinted at in Colossians 1:16?

I don't mean to be reading into things that are not there, but my inquistive nature itself may be a micro-faction of God looking to redeem himself back to a risen state from which we have fallen?

• Group:  Royal Member

Hello glintofsteel

I am in no way stating as biblical fact or as a statement of faith that this effect Magnetic polar reversal is linked with the passage mentioned but I do find it interesting that the shield is (as it where) going down. Ready for when the angles make the suns power increase?

As for global warming what we are being told by the authorities I take with a grain of salt. Other factors have probably more effect than the ones stated by the media machine. Did you know that this last century has been the quietest in terms of volcanic activity for thousands of years this has a great effect on the amount of partials in the upper atmosphere and temperatures. Did you know that 5% of the USA has been covered with tarmac over the last century? do you think this has any effect on weather? there is a lot more going on than they are revealing to us.

It is not wrong to speculate looking for the signs of the times. It is wrong to make you speculation a cornerstone of your faith and salvation. There is only one cornerstone that being the Messiah Jesus.

Adstar, Well taken, but I don't think it is wrong to speculate, or inquire in his temple. To think this is where my faith and salvation lays, is kinda condescending, don't ya think? No offense taken, everyone is entitled by free-will.

Can we just loosen up a bit? I think it's fun to speculate nothing more. And I don't think God is none to uptight about it.

We know from scripture of prophetic passages through which our history (in the making) must travel. This I find interesting, and often the only supplemation we can go on, is to speculate. Unless you got a sure Word of Revelation. Would you think there is such a thing as God given impressions? We know of the unction of the holy one, but do we, as flawed vessels always get it right? If we do, because the spirit of truth, is not the spirit of error; then why so many variables of perspectives over the same book?

By the way, I don't nessecarily believe the spirit of truth is dictated by scriptural correctness, as by the spirit of truth. Meaning, one person could have the words right, but be off spiritually..like a pharisee. Another could be scripturally errant and be spiritually true. Of course the best of both worlds is what we should strive for.

Anyway, it seems to me that the body of Christ is at a sort of crossroads or impass. Meaning, groping just a bit, partly shadowed, if you will, for discernment on what's coming down the prophetic pike next.

I would hope a more definitive comprehension in regards to the indwelling Christ.  

I've heard 94 to 99 percent of all material matter is basically comprised of empty space, or what phyiscists labeled 'dark matter' cause they don't understand it. It's like they discovered the unconscious mind of material matter, as one scientist put it. This is their findings at the sub-atomic levels.

Hebrews tells us, that all things are upheld by the word of his power. Faith itself, is a substance of a spiritual flavor. This 'faith substance' may also be that logos power, by which all things are basically comprised of?

It seems to me, that: Christ, faith, love, spirit, heart (as in the core or center) kingdom of God, the Word of God, the treasure we have in earthen vessels, the pearl of great price, and all through the word, concerning our fellowship with God, runs through the divine center of our being.

I can spout many scriptures such as, 'that Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith' or 'examine yourselves whether you be in the faith, know you not your own selves, how that Christ lives within you, except you be reprobates?'

I know this sounds a bit off your original post theme, but suppose that scientific data is an outward reflection of what is coming on a spiritual plane? We don't follow the signs of the times, but discern them.

Could it be that to the degree or measure we come to know Christ inwardly, it will be meted back to us in the way of knowing his ways of glory (fiery spiritual substance) by which all will one day be tried, to see what sort it is? I am of a persuasion that God works his works from the inside out. Peace

• Group:  Royal Member

Hello glintofsteel

I am having trouble understanding your way of putting your thoughts down and I suspect you have the same problem with me. I will deal with the sections of you reply that I can understand.

Can we just loosen up a bit? I think it's fun to speculate nothing more. And I don't think God is none to uptight about it.

In no way am I uptight I cannot see how you interpreted my post to indicate that I was.

We know from scripture of prophetic passages through which our history (in the making) must travel. This I find interesting, and often the only supplemation we can go on, is to speculate. Unless you got a sure Word of Revelation. Would you think there is such a thing as God given impressions?

I think that The Creator does lead us to information/ new articles relevant to prophecy and we ourselves are attuned to possible information relevant to biblical prophecy. When the Creator Leads the information is important/relevant when we read something or hear something that we think is relevant it may or may not be relevant. This is how my first post should be dealt with. I do not know if it has relevance or not.

Anyway, it seems to me that the body of Christ is at a sort of crossroads or impass. Meaning, groping just a bit, partly shadowed, if you will, for discernment on what's coming down the prophetic pike next.

You used the term "body of Christ" In will take this to mean the population of the world who believe they are Christian.

No I do not believe the Followers of the Messiah are groping or in confusion and they have never been. The ones that are in a state of confusion or at an impasse are the deceived ones following after false saviors.

Hebrews tells us, that all things are upheld by the word of his power.

could you quote the verse which states this? I would like to get understanding of it's context.

For the rest of your post I found it very hard to understand your points? You used a lot of terminology ie (the divine center of our being, 'faith substance' ,  the pearl of great price,  spiritual flavor,  fiery spiritual substance) Maybe I am very simple compared to you but I do not understand this Jargon, It would be helpful if you would use less of this confusing speak.

Guest C.D. Light

Adstar--I saw the article and when I read the earth could burn up in a 1000 yrs it brought to mind the end of Rev where it says "heaven and earth shall pass away" and there'd be new heavens.......at the end of the 1000 yr rhein of Christ and us in the New Kingdom on earth.

:???:

CD

Adstar, first off, I missed a word in something you said to begin with, which changes the whole mode of your thought. My bad. Correction is needed on my end. I missed the word 'not' , which completely flips your meaning.

As for my 'jargon', hey thats me and my interpretive understanding of the Word. As for as whether the body of Christ is groping, would be subject to ones perspective also.

I can see we are of very different orientations. Thanks for the comebacks.

By the way, the scripture reference was hebrews 1:2 maybe 3.