CBE1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

As His sheep we can hear His voice, but is it possible to not hear Him on certain subject because we don't want to hear Him reprove us on something?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

I think I would use the word ignore instead of selective hearing. I try to not beat around the bush.

Yes, we can and do ignore at times. When we do not accept His will in all humility, we'll buck that the denial of things we really wanted, or at a lesson we don't want to learn.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I think I would use the word ignore instead of selective hearing. I try to not beat around the bush.

Yes, we can and do ignore at times. When we do not accept His will in all humility, we'll buck that the denial of things we really wanted, or at a lesson we don't want to learn.

I once had a man tell me that he turned a deaf ear to warnings because he knew where he stood with the Lord. I had reason to believe that this man could hear from the Lord, but I was hearing the Lord telling me to have him read Malachi Chapter 1 and the first few verses in Chapter two.

That was why the man told me that he turned a deft ear to warnings!

That got me thinking afterward if I every do that. We are supposed to want His reproof, and there are plenty of warnings in the Bible. I have been wondering if I am missing them because I don't want to hear them.

So do you think that since I hear from the Lord, I would hear them, and would have to ignore them?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

I once had a man tell me that he turned a deaf ear to warnings because he knew where he stood with the Lord. I had reason to believe that this man could hear from the Lord, but I was hearing the Lord telling me to have him read Malachi Chapter 1 and the first few verses in Chapter two.

That was why the man told me that he turned a deft ear to warnings!

That got me thinking afterward if I every do that. We are supposed to want His reproof, and there are plenty of warnings in the Bible. I have been wondering if I am missing them because I don't want to hear them.

So do you think that since I hear from the Lord, I would hear them, and would have to ignore them?

Sorry CBE1, but I cannot answer that question. Only you and the Lord knows what is in your heart and if you are missing anything from God.

The best thing about scripture is that it is His living word, where one day we read a part of scripture and He shows us something, then a little while later, we read the exact same scripture and He shows us something else. neither contradicting each other, but building upon one another.