• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

I myself do not hold Scripture to be the sole rule of faith but gave you what you asked for anyway.

Then how will we ever agree ? It is pointless. The Bible is the SOLE Word of God. If you refuse to accept it, then like I said, go wrestle with God, not me. Who do you need to convince ? Certainly not me.

And I've been called "weak" before :rolleyes: You are forgiven......

God bless,

Bob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

In Matthew 26:26, Jesus said, "Take and eat; THIS IS MY BODY."

In Matthew 26:27-28 Jesus said, "All of you drink of this; FOR THIS IS MY BLOOD OF THE NEW COVENANT, WHICH IS BEING SHED FOR MANY UNTO THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS."

How does "THIS IS MY BODY" mean THIS IS A SYMBOL of MY BODY?

Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

What kind of door is Jesus? Wooden double-doors? Metal? Drawbridge?

Joh 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

What form of ultraviolet ray is Jesus? Gamma, X? Or maybe He is a bulb? Incandescent? Fluorescent? Hmmm.

Psa 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings

What kind of wings does God have? More importantly, what type of bird is He?

I could go on and on...

excellent questions one-way! :rolleyes: And I SO understand where you're coming from. :il:

so when Jesus says ... I am the good shepherd . . . John 10:14, then He must have also been speaking symbolistically, right? Is he a 'symbolic' shepherd?

What about when He said he was the "I AM" (John 8:58)? Are we to continue to believe that He again was speaking in figurative, symbolic terms again . . . that He 'represents' God?

I believe that in John 6, Jesus spoke over and over again what he was trying to convey. No where does he go on and on about being the vine, the door, the light, etc. more than one or two times. Over and over again, Jesus said ... UNLESS YOU EAT MY FLESH and DRINK MY BLOOD, you have no life in you AND He continued with MY FLESH IS REAL FOOD. Turning it to say he was being metaphorical is trying to understand if from human terms. Do I believe he was being literal? YES. Do I completely understand it? NO. Do I Trust Jesus when He said that HIS FLESH IS REAL FOOD, and "TAKE (bread), EAT, THIS IS MY BODY"? YES. Can I scientifically PROVE that Jesus REAL PRESENCE is in the Bread? NO. DO I BELIEVE and HAVE FAITH THAT HE knows more about what I need than I do? YES.

Can we agree to disagree? YES, most certainly. Peace. :il:

Great response. So, now we have at least gone from the bread and cup being the actual body and blood of Christ to "Christ being present" in the elements. With that I will not argue.

Peace and blessings to you, too, my friend. :t2:

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Then how will we ever agree ? It is pointless. The Bible is the SOLE Word of God. If you refuse to accept it, then like I said, go wrestle with God, not me. Who do you need to convince ? Certainly not me.

I don't see anyone here refusing to accept the Word of God...only do I see differing opinions in interpretation. :rolleyes:

Also, from my perspective, my purpose to be here is NOT to convince anyone anything...that's not up to me...my purpose is to converse about our amazing faith, and share with others, pray for others, and meet other people. And being on here could perhaps lead others (who are silent) to Christ one way or another. Who are we to know...Christ works in mysterious ways. It's fair to agree to disagree, but it's also fair to state why each of us believes what we do and why without getting upset. I agree with GS, Internet message boards are NO reason to make anyone defensive...or ugly towards one another. We need to all (including myself) accept where others are in their walk with the Lord and remember that we don't know everything there is to know about God. Our faith is a mystery! :hug:

Great response. So, now we have at least gone from the bread and cup being the actual body and blood of Christ to "Christ being present" in the elements. With that I will not argue.

Peace and blessings to you, too, my friend. :rolleyes:

Yes, Christ is REALLY PRESENT under the elements of Bread and Wine (not just symbols of Him, but truly HIS BODY, BLOOD, SOUL, DIVINITY). Are we still on the same page my friend! :t2:

Guest Called
Some have even died due to their 'receiving the bread/wine (i.e. the Body and Blood) unworthily...I think Paul was very serious about this.

My boss hasn't died, he is sleeping with his girlfriend by his own admission and he still takes communion and he is a Eucharistic minister. :t2: Love that. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The Bible is the SOLE Word of God. If you refuse to accept it, then like I said, go wrestle with God, not me.

I've made my case from Scripture, you have not. We can debate sola scriptura some other time--I still would like to see your exegesis regarding the verses you asked for and I provided. Were the first Christians, you know the ones taught by the Apostles, actually heretics?

And I've been called "weak" before  You are forgiven......

Read it again. I said your ARGUMENT is weak, not you! NOW who's getting defensive? :rolleyes:

Some have even died due to their 'receiving the bread/wine (i.e. the Body and Blood) unworthily...I think Paul was very serious about this.

My boss hasn't died, he is sleeping with his girlfriend by his own admission and he still takes communion and he is a Eucharistic minister. :t2: Love that. :rolleyes:

Paul didn't say "ALL", but "SOME" had died and are ill. We are NOT worthy, and our God is MERCIFUL as well...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My boss hasn't died, he is sleeping with his girlfriend by his own admission and he still takes communion and he is a Eucharistic minister.  Love that. 

Is he related to John Kerry or Tom Daschle? :rolleyes:

We Catholics can be despicable as the day is long...lol.

Guest Called
exegesis

Is that English? LOL! :t2:

Ooookay, just trying to lighten the mood....too many Catholic vs. everyone else posts today! HA! I am hungry...anyone got some taco's? :rolleyes:

My boss hasn't died, he is sleeping with his girlfriend by his own admission and he still takes communion and he is a Eucharistic minister.