Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  728
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Very easy to explain. The bread is a carbohydrate food. It does not, scientifically, become a protein (which it would need to if it was actual flesh) during communion.

So, if the bread doesn't magically turn into the actual flesh, then neither does the cup turn to blood.

Guest LCPGUY
Very easy to explain. The bread is a carbohydrate food. It does not, scientifically, become a protein (which it would need to if it was actual flesh) during communion.

So, if the bread doesn't magically turn into the actual flesh, then neither does the cup turn to blood.

Agree with ye OW, Er, Mr. Spock??? :o :o :D

In His Love,

Bro John

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Here we go..... :o

Sorry a friend and I were conversing about his topic i was interested to see how everyone felt on it.

God Bless,

Dave

Guest Called
Sorry a friend and I were conversing about his topic i was interested to see how everyone felt on it

Don't be sorry Dave! I was just joking! :o:o

Not sure where it can go! But, it sounds like this has been (heatedly) debated in the past???

If so, here is my challenge.

Pull out an electron microscope. Have communion in your home, but during communion examine the elements under the microscope. If the food miraculously changes from a carbohydrate to a protein then submit your findings. If it doesn't, then the obvious answer is left. It is symbolic.

Actually, the experiment isn't even necessary because Jesus, Himself, said He was speaking spiritually.

Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Joh 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Joh 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Joh 6:59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

Joh 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

Joh 6:61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

Joh 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Jesus was obviously speaking metaphorically.

Blessings...

Very easy to explain.  The bread is a carbohydrate food.  It does not, scientifically, become a protein (which it would need to if it was actual flesh) during communion.

Agree with ye OW, Er, Mr. Spock??? :o:D :D

Bro John

I hope you're not referring to my pic in the Fellowship Hall! :o

Or are you referring to my new pet dinosaur friend?

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

The bread is a carbohydrate food. It does not, scientifically, become a protein (which it would need to if it was actual flesh) during communion.

that's certainly one way to look at it. :o

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Pull out an electron microscope. Have communion in your home, but during communion examine the elements under the microscope.

An Atheist trapped in the body of a Christian! :o

It's puzzling how people are perfectly willing to accept things like the Ascension, the Virgin Birth, Jesus' Immaculate Conception, the Incarnation, and the Resurrection yet just cannot comprehend Jesus' body and blood being truly present in bread and wine. Especially when it's explicit in Scripture! (I'm sure many will disagree with this)

God's not bound by what you and I can see thru a microscope. As Paul said, 'the fleshly man cannot possibly believe the spiritual.'

Peter, when asked if he and the 12 were going to abandon Jesus along with the multitudes who could not deal with Jesus telling them to literally consume him, set the standard. He said, 'To whom shall we go? You alone have the words of eternal life.'. Sometimes we just have to say, 'Lord, I have no idea what you're talking about in telling me to literally consume you but I've seen the miracles you have performed and the salvific act you made for me and so I will believe and obey even if I can't prove what you say is true by my own limited intelligence.'

Intellectual pride is the polar opposite of well formed faith.

GS

p.s. didn't bother to do the whole Scripture thing regarding this as i think it's been done before.

Edited by GoodSamaritan