• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

Hi Kay......:P

It is part of our growth and development into the image of CHRIST. Confessing the truth to our FATHER is not a sign of weakness, but of strength. None of us are perfect. Confession also helps to weld the bond of trust between us and our FATHER, and should make us better aware, and even MORE thankful for HIS grace and mercy always demonstrated towards us.

so if i am correct; (and this has been my experience) it is humbling, and being submissive to our DAD. It takes away the prideful heart. I was raised to be always right, and do nothing wrong, so this was a very hard concept for me to grasp. How can someone love me when I do stupid things? I always strived to do my best and be the best. Because of this I failed and have had the fear of being successful. But Jesus shows me everyday that being successful in HIS eyes are so very different than the world views.

Wisdom, thank you :hug:

Kay

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Most people, in my experience, don't feel the need to confess. So by telling you it's unnecessary, maybe in some subconscious way they're trying to justify their own sin of omission. :P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

Most people, in my experience, don't feel the need to confess. So by telling you it's unnecessary, maybe in some subconscious way they're trying to justify their own sin of omission. :P

HEY STEVE

WE AGREE!! :P

Kay

like the new look

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Hello Ray:

Listen......a very important thing to remember first is that our FATHER did not get caught offguard by your sin/failure. HE knew this morning's news about YOU last night and all about the failures you'll make tomorrow! Whether we want to admit it or not we have evil things constantly developing in our heart (Jeremiah 17:9).

When YOU and I confess our sin (1 John 1:9) we are agreeing with our FATHER what HE already knows and has told us about ourselves. Be thankful that you feel uncomfortable about it. The HOLY SPIRIT is exposing the impurities inside you that HE wants to clean up. YOUR soul has a bitter Adversary who wants to see great disaster in YOUR life (1 Peter 5:8). And this is happening throughout the Body of CHRIST (1 Peter 5:9).

Confession usually becomes the hardest because of the sin that so EASILY besets YOU and I. We feel dirty everytime we do it and cannot even lift our eyes towards Heaven. However, our LORD/SAVIOUR tells us differently in Hebrews 4:14-16. HE knows what is going on in your life. The deepest, darkest, most heinous sins inside of us are not hidden from HIS eyes.

Ray, we make it hard because of the shame involved. We knew it was wrong BEFORE we did it, in most cases. But like I wrote in a thread in the General Forum, our FATHER wants to forgive and cleanse us MORE than we want to confess! HE is so full of agape love and bigger than ANY problems YOU or I have in our lives.

Satan never wants us to forget the sin, no matter how dark it can get to be. But GOD has promised YOU that when you confess it (agree with HIM it missed HIS mark) HE will do something wonderful.....HE will remove it "as far as the east is from the west" (Psalm 103:12). Then Ray we are to go and sin no more. Depend on HIM to help you daily. Come clean with HIM about all the sin in your life. Will you fail/sin again? Yes. Will the war continue between your sin nature and the HOLY SPIRIT? Yes....daily. Should YOU throw your hands up in the air and just give up?? No.

Ask the LORD to help you with a sincere broken heart, and a broken contrite spirit (Psalm 51:17). HE will do it. Believe it, Ray (Hebrews 11:6).

**Psalm 44:21....Matthew 6:6-8**

great post, wisdom...thank you for reminding us! Peace... :P

Hi Kay......:P

It is part of our growth and development into the image of CHRIST. Confessing the truth to our FATHER is not a sign of weakness, but of strength. None of us are perfect. Confession also helps to weld the bond of trust between us and our FATHER, and should make us better aware, and even MORE thankful for HIS grace and mercy always demonstrated towards us.

profound truth! Again, wisdom, thank you for sharing! :il:

21 Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you." 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained." John 20:21-23

Confessing outloud face to face to another is one of the most profound, humbling, yet awesome experience filled with grace for me. :P

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I think that not confessing is an act of pride.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

It stands to reason that every sin we commit has a 'victim'. If we lie to someone, we sin against them AND against God. Why would we not then be accountable to these 'victims' of our transgression to express contrition and a genuine request to be forgiven? Jesus says that we must make peace with our brother before we can make peace with the Father--Confession is the manner in which we LIVE God's command.

The 'guilt trip' lies not in the confession of our sins, but rather in NOT confessing them. God does not reject us in this time of vulnerability but takes this 'psychic load' we carry as a result of our transgressions and tells our spirit that He forgives us! In doing so, He gives us the grace to hopefully become closer to the person we truly want to be.

GS

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I think that not confessing is an act of pride.

Yup. :wub:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Quote good samaritan, aug 3rd.

It stands to reason that every sin we commit has a 'victim'

I can't agree with that. I do dumb things every day that do not involve anybody else, but still need to be absolved by the Father, so I confess them to Him and Him alone. Why should I go around telling anyone else I've been sinful. I can live with it because I know that the Lord will forgive me. It's between me and God if nobody else has been involved.

I see what you're saying eric, as well. But I do think that the 'greater sins' are the ones that have victims...like abortion, murder, adultery, etc. Obviously our own little sins (like bad thoughts, grumbling, complaining, and more) don't necessarily have a 'victim'.

Jesus answered him, "You would have no power over me unless it had been given you from above; therefore he who delivered me to you has the greater sin." John 19:11

Jesus noted that there is a 'greater sin' than perhaps other 'sins'...therefore, the greater sin, like the ones noted above, do affect other people, IMHO. :noidea: