WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,323
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

The White House called for a "simple up-or-down" vote on health-care legislation Sunday as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi appealed to House Democrats to get behind President Obama's chief domestic priority even it if threatens their political careers.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/washingtonti...n-if-it-hurts-/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

In other words they want an unofficial vote to see where they need to focus their efforts. They really are bent on passing a health care bill. Opponents say they just want to pass "something" but I believe they have left enough control in the current bill to make it worth their effort to push through. As it is they still have a health insurance mandate and in their eyes that would at least be a start. They can work out the rest on simple majorities after the mid-term elections.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

In other words they want an unofficial vote to see where they need to focus their efforts. They really are bent on passing a health care bill. Opponents say they just want to pass "something" but I believe they have left enough control in the current bill to make it worth their effort to push through. As it is they still have a health insurance mandate and in their eyes that would at least be a start. They can work out the rest on simple majorities after the mid-term elections.

Only one problem with that; they won't HAVE a majority (or at least a significant one) after the mid-terms and they know it. This health care bill has turned out to be a nightmare for everyone concerned. I can't see why they don't scrap it and craft one that has a chance of passing without costing them their jobs. Personally, I'm for rioting on the Washington mall. Nothing gets the attention of Congress quite like bonfires and hanging effigies. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

This has already happened and only 25% of Americans approve.

What has already happened? :(