• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/07/1990

I'm making a cute play for a church's youth group ages 7 through 12 for this coming easter. I figured to have the kids dress up in somthing fun and silly so I originally planned to have them to look like a family of bunnies. The story is that these bunnies love to play thier music and show off thier talents before God every easter to celebrate Jesus' resurrection, but lately the bunnies would spend too much time focusing on making themselves look good instead of praising God. And so through out the play God will help the bunnies discover that its not all about them, but about God. Anyway, what raises a question is the fact that I wasnt sure if I should go with bunnies. I picked bunnies because usually when you think of easter we think of both the christian view and a little easter bunny, but I wasnt sure if that might be offensive. No where in the play I plan to refer to the easter egg and such but I didnt want any controversy ideas when the kids perform this show on that day. Any suggestions?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Well, you would have had a hard time getting me to dress up like a bunny at age 9-12.

Guest shiloh357

Gotta go with Hunter on that one. That sounds more like something for kids aged 3-6. 9-12 year olds might have some issues about being dressed up as bunnies.

How about something along the same theme but with different kinds of characters. Ask the old kids themselves what they think would be cool.

Gotta go with Hunter on that one. That sounds more like something for kids aged 3-6. 9-12 year olds might have some issues about being dressed up as bunnies.

How about something along the same theme but with different kinds of characters. Ask the old kids themselves what they think would be cool.

lol good point, I figured since thier little kids, they would like it. :whistling: Thank goodness I asked about the play first before getting started. :whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/07/1979

I'm making a cute play for a church's youth group ages 7 through 12 for this coming easter. I figured to have the kids dress up in somthing fun and silly so I originally planned to have them to look like a family of bunnies. The story is that these bunnies love to play thier music and show off thier talents before God every easter to celebrate Jesus' resurrection, but lately the bunnies would spend too much time focusing on making themselves look good instead of praising God. And so through out the play God will help the bunnies discover that its not all about them, but about God. Anyway, what raises a question is the fact that I wasnt sure if I should go with bunnies. I picked bunnies because usually when you think of easter we think of both the christian view and a little easter bunny, but I wasnt sure if that might be offensive. No where in the play I plan to refer to the easter egg and such but I didnt want any controversy ideas when the kids perform this show on that day. Any suggestions?

Ok guys and gals....I have just started helping the kids at my church i am 30 years old and think i may have jumped in to DEEP....lol....but anyway what ever came of this play and script....as i said i am just starting with the kids they are aged from about 1 to 12 years old.....and i need a simple child friendly play or skit for the sunday night service before easter....any suggestions?

Edited by Watched_Over

Ok guys and gals....I have just started helping the kids at my church i am 30 years old and think i may have jumped in to DEEP....lol....but anyway what ever came of this play and script....as i said i am just starting with the kids they are aged from about 1 to 12 years old.....and i need a simple child friendly play or skit for the sunday night service before easter....any suggestions?

I think there should be some websites that should help catagorize small easter plays for each age group. Or if you would like to give it a try, I can help you think of a play. It's somthing I enjoy doing and since I'm doing the same thing, maybe we can think of a good play at the same time. Then again its up to you. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/07/1979

Since Easter is so close i don't think my kids r going to have time to learn a part so i have decided start on the next thing in site but we need to discuss your idea of have a bunch of little rabbbits runnning around and then have a large rabbit ask if they know what easter is all about? so the 1st part of the play would go like this......

MOM rabbit hops onto stage with a bunch of little bunnies. and they begin talking about how excited they r for easter to come next week they talk about the eggs, the basket, where they r going to hide the suprise egg. DAD rabbit hops in and ask what is all the excitement about. and they begin to tell him....but half way thu he stops them and begin to explain how fun all of that is but Easter is NOT about them or the eggs and stuff. but it is about how God rose from the grave. as he said.....dad rabbut tells the story of easter from the bible...

ok that is far as i have gotten so far. fill in change add to or take away....as you see fit

Since Easter is so close i don't think my kids r going to have time to learn a part so i have decided start on the next thing in site but we need to discuss your idea of have a bunch of little rabbbits runnning around and then have a large rabbit ask if they know what easter is all about? so the 1st part of the play would go like this......

MOM rabbit hops onto stage with a bunch of little bunnies. and they begin talking about how excited they r for easter to come next week they talk about the eggs, the basket, where they r going to hide the suprise egg. DAD rabbit hops in and ask what is all the excitement about. and they begin to tell him....but half way thu he stops them and begin to explain how fun all of that is but Easter is NOT about them or the eggs and stuff. but it is about how God rose from the grave. as he said.....dad rabbut tells the story of easter from the bible...

ok that is far as i have gotten so far. fill in change add to or take away....as you see fit

It sounds good for a beginning. :thumbsup: What you can do is split the ages for who plays the bunnies for the younger kids and then while the daddy bunny is telling the bible story, the older children can re-inact the scenes that is taking place. That way the roles can be more comfortable for each child to take part in. Have you started on the script yet? I suppose what you can do just incase the kids can't remember thier lines in time , is assigning brief but meaningful statements for them to have. And have longer lines for those whom you know can remember or is reading off of somthing, like the daddy bunny. If that helps. :cool: