A bit of a soapbox

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but a lover of Christ just the same. I have small children and they have had situations where they were on the receiving end of bullying. My first response to my child was to let their teacher know about it but after no action from the teacher I wanted to tell him to try and knock the other kid out but I knew that was not the Christian thing to do. How do you think this type of situation should be handled without forgetting you are a Christian. I do not want my children fighting but I do not want them beat up on either. What's your take from a Christian perspective? :whistling:

Excellent question.

I taught my kids to turn the other cheek.

IN REALITY, WHAT OCCURRED when my boys got big was they pounded a few bullies and didn't have problems with them anymore. Teach them to be forgivers and peace loving, and forgive them when they don't follow your council always.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We taught our kids to aid people in trouble.At a very young age our son, Matthew,and some close friends were often intervening in bullying situations.There is safety in numbers and if a child being bullied is seen to have group support it stops quickly.

:thumbsup:

That is wise! Love Steven