Guest randomperson

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

There's another thread about this topic Suicide and Christianity 2007 has some good points in it!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received,

how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

>>>>>()<<<<<

.... Verse 14 indicates that he has perfected forever those who are sanctified (NASB) - what is sanctification? Being set apart. The question is how are they sanctified? I understand that by being obedient to His will.....

By His Grace Faith Saves

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Ephesians 2:8

And Sets Us Apart

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Acts 26:18

And Because Of Him

Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Hebrews 13:12

We Are Born Again

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Peter 1:23

As Kids Of The Royal Court

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6

Children Of Our Beloved Daddy

Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Galatians 4:3-5

And Considering The Awesome Price Paid

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1 Peter 1:18-19

Who Would Dare Boast In Their

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 3:24-26

Righteousness

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 3:27-28

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:17-18

Love, Joe

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:3-4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

Salvation is over rated. It is all about relationship. Love God and love your neighbor. We serve a Christ who is beyond merciful. Focusing on how to get saved- seems inward focused. Would we still serve God even if there is no heaven? Or are we just in this for the eternal reward?

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:1-3

>>>>>()<<<<<

Salvation is over rated. It is all about relationship. Love God and love your neighbor. We serve a Christ who is beyond merciful. Focusing on how to get saved- seems inward focused. Would we still serve God even if there is no heaven? Or are we just in this for the eternal reward?

?

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Matthew 10:27

Will We Follow Jesus

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 5:14-16

Or Should We Twist Again

I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Luke 18:8

Bopping Along After Strange gods

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Timothy 4:1-4

>>>>>()<<<<<

Stand Fast

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galatians 5:1

Stand

Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Philippians 1:27

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I am not understanding what you mean by it is "overrated". By whom and in what sense?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

eis, what do you think the word "all" means?

We are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest stands daily ministering and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But this man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever [past, present and future] sat down at the right hand of God . . . . For by one offering has He perfected forever those who are being sanctified. Hebrews 10:10-12, 14

It is a a term that indicates completeness. In verse 10 it is indicating that no more sacrifice is needed as compared to the sacrifices done under the Law. Jesus was the perfect sacrifice, now no more sacrifice is required. verse 12 indicates "all time", still within the idea that no more sacrifice is needed.

Verse 14 indicates that he has perfected forever those who are sanctified (NASB) - what is sanctification? Being set apart. The question is how are they sanctified? I understand that by being obedient to His will.

Here is a snippet from Nelson's Bible Dictionary:

SANCTIFICATION

Sanctification: God's Work. We are sanctified by God the Father (Jude), God the Son (Hebrews 2:11), and God the Holy Spirit (2 Thessalonians 2:13; 1 Peter 1:2). Perfect holiness is God's command (1 Thessalonians 4:7) and purpose. As Paul prayed, "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely" (1 Thessalonians 5:23). Sanctification is a process that continues during our lives as believers (Hebrews 10:14). Only after death are the saints referred to as "perfect" (Hebrews 12:23).

Sanctification: The Believer's Work. Numerous commands in the Bible imply that believers also have a responsibility in the process of sanctification. We are commanded to "be holy" (Leviticus 11:44; 1 Peter 1:15-16); to "be perfect" (Matthew 5:48); and to "present your members as slaves of righeousness for holiness" (Romans 6:19). Writing to the church of the Thessalonians, the apostle Paul made a strong plea for purity: "This is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God" (1 Thessalonians 4:3-5).

These commands imply effort on our part. We must believe in Jesus, since we are "sanctified by faith in Him" (Acts 26:18). Through the Holy Spirit we must also "put to death the evil deeds of the body" (Romans 8:13). Paul itemized the many "works of the flesh" from which we must separate ourselves (Galatians 5:19-21). Finally, we must walk in the Spirit in order to display the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-24).

(from Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Copyright

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I believe as a christian taken your life could be a sin. Why a christian would do this I don't understand?

For the same reasons Christians do anything we are not supposed to.

Anyone of us can fall to temptation at any given time.

And the Deceiver knows very well how to weaken us, discourage us, wear us down, etc.

I know it's hard for those who have never been tormented by the spirit of death to understand the struggle. But the last thing you want to do is make statements that trigger condemnation - that will only lay an extra weight on the burden the person already carries.

Consider - "faith is the substance of things hoped for," correct? What do you do for someone who has lost hope? ("Hope deferred makes the heart sick.") How do you build hope back within the person? (Note: beating them into it doesn't work.)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/01/1956

You migh be confusing justification (the legal one-time declaration of forgiveness) and sanctification (the process of being made holy)

Don't think so.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.83
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

You migh be confusing justification (the legal one-time declaration of forgiveness) and sanctification (the process of being made holy)

Don't think so.

Sure you are. What I posted was concerning whether one who "changes their mind" about being a Christian was ever a Believer in the first place. That involves forgiveness, not being made holy.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/01/1956

Don't think so.

Sure you are. What I posted was concerning whether one who "changes their mind" about being a Christian was ever a Believer in the first place. That involves forgiveness, not being made holy.

Parker1,

I know how you feel about me. I am not going to let you put words in my mouth. If you have a problem with me be a man and spit it out. I saw your One or Two post on the Outer Court. I am not here to play your games.

I had responded to you question about "Do I kow what all means? and your use of Heb 10, not 1 John 2:19. I know you consider me the antichrist, false teacher etc. and you want to do something about it.

If that's not the way you feel, then feel free to explain the One or Two post.

Edited by eis