IGNORED

When it dies

Guest heavenbound4u

Guest heavenbound4u

What do you do when you no longer feel anything inside. Ever since I was like eight years old I have believed in God. My mother raised us to believe in God, to rely on him, and put him first. I have tried to do that all my life. But trying and and suceeding are two different things arent they? I do everything I think I should to be close to God ie. read the bible, pray, go to church, listen to christian music ect. but I no longer feel anything inside me except bleakness, weariness, emptiness. Its like everything I have ever known has died. I no longer feel close to God and when I think about it all I feel is a burning frustration. The words in my prayers feel empty and so does my heart. I am totally hopeless at this point. The passion has gone and when I do actually feel that God is there with me I feel so mixed up and upset I do not know what to do. I know he is there and listening to me but my heart does not. I need some advice.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

You do all the right things, read, go to church etc. but are these things done in love? I know you believe in God but do you feel a love for Him? If you're not sure then pray about it. Just the fact that you believe in God tells you that He put that in your heart FIRST. (He chose you, you didn't choose Him) So now you may just have to work on the love part.

When you make plans to read, ask yourself are you trying to get it out of the way so you can do something else and not feel guilty about it? Or do you truly enjoy spending that quiet time with Him? Do you meditate upon His Word?

When you pray, are you praying the right things? Do you give Him thanks and praise? Do you pray for others? Do you confess all of your sins? Do you ask Him to reveal other sins that you could not see? Since prayer is a two-way communication, are you able to hear Him. If not do you pray about that?

Basically examine yourself. Go somewhere where there's no distractions and ask yourself all of these things and ask for the Lord's help beforehand. Ask Him to open your eyes to the true condition of your heart and motives.

:D

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

It kind of sounds like you're just going through the motions of a Christian walk. That's a trap that any of us could fall into very easily. It's important to remember that being a Christian is about having a living , breathing relationship with God through Jesus Christ, not about how often we go to church, or read the Bible or anything else WE can do on our own. Those things only become valuable when we invite God along. He wants you to draw near to Him, and when you do, I can promise that He'll meet you MORE THAN half way! If you want someone to talk with, or pray with, I'm only a PM away! GBU!!!

Guest heavenbound4u

Thanks for all the advice! You guys are right. I have been going through all the motions but my heart has not been in it. As a young adult I often find myself isolated in my walk with Christ. So it is hard to feel encouraged and successful when no one around me supports my faith, being all alone is not easy and I find myself swaying in my faith alot. But I will try all the things you have offered and see if my relationship with God improves.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

my pastor talked to me about this. he's gone though this before. he said to ask yourself three questions:

1. are you being too legalistic?

2. are you reading the word enough and praying enough?

3. are you underestimating god's love for you?

remember. jesus died for you... so that you could have eternal life. he came into this world and went through unbelievable pysical and mental aguish just so you could have eternal life. just think about it. that's how much god loves you...

i'm going though this right now honestly and what really helps me though it is fellowship. i go to bible studies and hang out with members of my church all the time and personally it helps me to love jesus more and more.

p.s. -- in regards to question no. 1... being legalistic isn't a bad thing... it's just that if you're extremely legalist much of your energy i think is being taken away from your growing and getting stronger in your faith. i'm sorry... i could be misinterpreting my pastor so please correct me if i'm wrong or offending anyone.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

Thanks for all the advice! You guys are right. I have been going through all the motions but my heart has not been in it. As a young adult I often find myself isolated in my walk with Christ. So it is hard to feel encouraged and successful when no one around me supports my faith, being all alone is not easy and I find myself swaying in my faith alot. But I will try all the things you have offered and see if my relationship with God improves.

Praise the Lord ! Glad to know that you're encouraged! It must be lonely having no one close to you sharing your faith. But don't give up! You can always find like minded folks on here who are more than ready to fellowship with other believers, and that can be of some comfort. GBU!

Guest heavenbound4u

Yes its a lonely thing. My mom is a christian but we do not get along that well so we do not talk that much. All of my friends hate God and I get ostracized when I tell people I go to church or believe in God. So its hard. If I have a problem or a question I do not have anyone to ask so I am kinda stuck.

Guest Psalm27

:hug: heavenbound!

There are times when I feel dry too. When I get like that, I pray and ask God to give me a hunger for Him like never before. It really works!!