IGNORED

Christian Singer Jennifer Knapp Says She's Gay

Guest lovinghim4ever

If we stone every Christian that has ever sinned we wouldn't have any Christians left to spread God's love.

:blink::blink::(

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

I think that if you use levitical law to prove homosexuality an abomination, you have to adhere to the strict dietary restrictions as well. Otherwise you are simply picking and choosing.

But we are no longer under the letter of the law.

I believe that probably gay men and women who are Christians should live a celibate life. I know that it is hard to do but I think there is a very special place in the Body of Christ for homosexuals. They have been an integral part of the

worship in the church since the early days of the Church in Rome. The

castrata held a high place in early society of the Church. And certainly the priesthood has been a safe haven for those homosexuals who wanted to not get married and live a life that is respected by society.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Christian Singer Jennifer Knapp Says She's Gay

CBNNews.com

Thursday, April 15, 2010

After years of rumors about her sexuality, former Christian music artist Jennifer Knapp has announced she is gay.

The award-winning artist took a seven-year hiatus from her music and had been living in Australia. She is now returning to the music scene with a mainstream album, titled Letting Go.

More here

:blink:

BOOM, BOOM,BOOM ANOTHER ONE BITS THE DUST.

I know I am supposed to have compassion for people like her but I just can't seem to find it in my heart to have compassion for those who pervert the faith after knowing Christ.

Guest lovinghim4ever
BOOM, BOOM,BOOM ANOTHER ONE BITS THE DUST.

I know I am supposed to have compassion for people like her but I just can't seem to find it in my heart to have compassion for those who pervert the faith after knowing Christ.

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her" (John 8:7 . . . NKJ).

I sure look for and need compassion when I mess up,

but how can any of us expect to receive compassion if

were are not willing to give it to others when they need it?

"Let those who have never sinned throw the first stones!" (John 8:7 . . . NLT).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

and the root cause IS homosexuality. and that's why the highest percentage of people with aids are those who practice homosexual lifestyles. just because it can be spread to people who are not homosexual doesn't change how it started and who it mostly affects.

it really doesn't matter what uganda says anyway. or what you say. or what the liberals say. GOD SAYS that homosexuality is reprehensible. and what He says is the ONLY thing that counts.

In Africa, where HIV started, it is a disease mostly of heterosexuals. Only in the western world did it start with homosexual behavior.

Yes, but HOW did it start?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

So maybe it will bring about conviction to her wrong doings,

and conviction brings about repentance.

She was a Christian singer for many years, then went on a hiatus, and comes back with a secular label announcing she's gay and proud of it. (Look at her new album.)

I have to disagree. Sin should never be flaunted and justified.

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her" (John 8:7 . . . NKJ).

"Let those who have never sinned throw the first stones!" (John 8:7 . . . NLT).

When the people brought the woman caught in adultery to Jesus, they were breaking the Torah by:

1. Not bringing the man she was caught with.

2. Taking her to a rabbi for judgment and not the priests.

And also note when the accusers left, Jesus said to her, "Go and sin no more."

Who is telling Jennifer, "Go and sin no more"?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think that if you use levitical law to prove homosexuality an abomination, you have to adhere to the strict dietary restrictions as well. Otherwise you are simply picking and choosing.

And by your theology, all the other things the Torah condemns are now justifiable as well.

Guest lovinghim4ever
Who is telling Jennifer, "Go and sin no more"?

I don't know. I'm not part of her world to be able to say anything to her.

But, I am praying that there are many people in her life telling her "Go and sin no more."

But we are no longer under the letter of the law.

Being under grace does not mean the Law no longer exists.

I believe that probably gay men and women who are Christians should live a celibate life.

Why?

And certainly the priesthood has been a safe haven for those homosexuals who wanted to not get married and live a life that is respected by society.

I didn't know pedophilia was a respected lifestyle.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

SexuL immorality is a sin. Homosexuality is not. That is the difference. An adulterer and prostitute is not the same as someone "coming out" as a lesbian. Though I do actually agree that she shouldn't be practicing (having sex) homosexuality, but being a lesbian is not a sin.

I think she should be encouraged not to engage in philandering and so forth but encouraged to continue praising God. I think it is a lot more damaging when someone denies the reality that they are gay and get married to someone of the opposite sex, only to leave later on , leaving spouse and children to clean up the wreckage.

Now that she is open and honest, although I believe God calls homosexuals to a life of celibacy- I think Paul himself struggled with this -