Apocalypse2007

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  383
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I came across this site by chance and it seems like a nice place.  I'd just like to say hi to everyone before I make my first post about a bible topic.  

I love Bible Prophecy, it has interested me for many years.  When anyone else has read these verses has nuclear war ever come to mind?

Rev 8:1. And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. 2. And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets. 3. And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer [it] with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4. And the smoke of the incense, [which came] with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. 5. And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast [it] into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. 6. And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound. 7. The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. 8. And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 9. And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed. 10. And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; 11. And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter. 12. And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise. 13. And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

1.  The half an hour of silence in heaven, the time when the nuclear missiles would traverse earth's orbit before striking its target.(And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour)

2. The loud noises flashes of lightening and earthquakes all associated with nuclear detonations.  The bomb destablizes the air around its explosion causing bright flashes and loud roaring sounds along with feelings of quakes.(And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast [it] into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.)

3.  Hail and fire mixed with blood cast on the earth.  Hail in the time period of the Bible was not falling ice from the sky it was anything which came falling out of the sky that was solid.  Branches,houses,people, cities all swept up in the nuclear bomb send hail and fire from the burning bomb and its debre along with the blood of the hundreds of thousands if not millions it consumes..(The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up)

4. The nuclear explosions, "like a great mountain, burning with fire" burning away everything in its path.

5. The deadly contamination of water followed by the nuclear attacks which poisons everything in radiation.  In the Bible poison is "Wormwood".(And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter)

6. Large dust clouds would blanket the earth blocking out the sun moon and starts (And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise. )

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Apocalypse2007 also like prophecy

My favorite book and first book in the Bible I read was Revelation.

I listen to the book of Revelation every night on tape

Revelation is awesome

I believe nuclear may happen.

Guest Jipsah

No nuclear force that anybody is capable of flinging these days would cause the kind of destruction it's talking about.

If an asteroid did hit, it would most likely not poison the water supply.  Also why is there silence in heaven for about a half and hour?  Why would God give us a specific time table?

I don't think it's a celestial object also because it would most likely wipe out all life on earth not just 1/3 as the Bible tells.  Also an asteroid would not create 3 days of darkness it would create years, but just to get back to first part of the subject, the 1/2 hour silence in heaven.

According to the University of Michigan, the diameter of the earth is 7,926 miles

Lets take an example of a missile which can be fitted with nuclear bombs.

AGM-86 Air-Launched Cruise Missile

Primary Function:  Air-to-surface strategic missile  

Range: AGM-86B: 1,500-plus miles (1,305 nautical miles)  

Speed: About 550 mph (Mach 0.73)  

Warheads: Nuclear capable  

Date Deployed: December 1982  

Ok this is an old missile but it will have to do.

Its range is 1500 miles speed is 550 per hour.  At max range thats about 3 hours.  This is from 1982.  Since we are far more advanced than we were then, don't you believe that we now have the technology to launch a missile half way around the world roughly 4,000 miles and hit the target in about a half an hour?  It seems reasonable to me.

I think nuclear war will be used to wipe out America and America will retalliate with nuclear subs but will ultimately fall.  I do not believe America will turn on Israel and as we all know Israel will be alone during the Tribulation which means one of two things for America.  Either we will turn on Israel (highly unlikely with the amount of Christian support shown to Israel) or we will be destroyed.

I am going out on a limb here when I say this but it is just my own theory.  I believe Europe will grow ever more anti-semetic and anti-theistic over the next 5 or so years.  They will then at one point launch a pre-emptive strike against America and destroy her completely.

I do not see America fitting into the end times as a nation, but that is just my theory and there is no real evidence to support it. What do you guys think?    :brightidea:

:thumb: Apocalypse2007,

You make some interesting statements. Have you taken the time to review the initial presentation of my thread called

"Is America Missing in Prophesy"?

Just click on the link and it will take you there.

I had little success with reasoning America's impending destruction from the EU community. I stated for over 14 years that Europe was our threat, not Russia or China.

People would state there is not a nation or a military force over there capable of attacking us - not until this year. The establishment of the EU military and it's German General leader and the EU's desire to be an equivalent superpower to the USA.

Didn't Germany start the last 2 world wars . . . . ?

Still, seeing . . .

Blindseeker I agree with you.  I too have stated the exact same thing that the threat of our total destruction which will come because Israel will be alone in the end, and we will never abandon her will come from Europe.  China and Russia and other greedy nations will be used to attack the anti-christ as the bible points out russia will be supernaturally destroyed and the anti-christ will be able to take on the army to the east that is made up of two hundred thousand thousand (200,000,000)  as the Bible states one nation will attain that army size.

Europe is our enemy.  The EU is going to grow in power and one day challenge the USA. they will eventually win.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Apocalypse2007

The reason I believe there will be nuclear weapons used in the war of Armageddon, is the mass number of people that the book of Revelation says will be killed just before and during the 7 year period of the tribulation. During the seal judgments

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

A2007 - welcome to the boards.  What is the significance of the date in your alias?

Yes, I believe Revelation alludes to nuclear weapons being used.  What the outcome will be for America, I am not sure of, but it's likely that our standing among the nations will be reduced from that of a sole superpower.  

Zechariah 14 also gives credence to the idea of nuclear warfare when it speaks of flesh being consumed while people (and animals) stand on their feet and their eyes being consumed in their holes, etc.  This "plague" comes upon those nations that are against Jerusalem.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

re: Jipsah's statement

No nuclear force that anybody is capable of flinging these days would cause the kind of destruction it's talking about.
Where did you get your information?

johnc the purpose of the date is the time I believe that the antichrist will arise in.

1967 Israel officially recaptures its holy city and Israel is now a complete revived nation.