IGNORED

Another question...

Guest godsmartian

Driagon (spelled wrong sorry!) I would say pray first. And I saw that you said that you have been. The next thing I would say is wait. And that I don't really know if it would be wrong to move in with your boyfriend. My dad was a christian when he met my mom who was far from being a christian. Well later on mom got saved. So I don't know. If you do move in with your boyfriend and it was a mistake God will use your mistake (not saying that it would be but if) for his glory. Hope I helped. God Bless and I'll be praying for ya.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/24/1982

Hi Draigon,

God Bles you and congrats on rededicating your life. You need to follow God on this matter. He uses us all in different manners. In the end, it is your decision. But, I caution you to becareful. If you go through with as you would put it 'your trouble', make sure that you have some christian mentorship outside of the household, people who aren't your parents. (I think I remember a previous post of yours that said your parents were christians??) :help: Parents love us and are good mentors but it also good to have a mentor type relationship with someone who is a little more neutral.

I applaud you for keeping some of your wican relations. However, keep it within a respectful context on both sides when it comes to your beliefs and theirs. Make sure that you also get a solid network of christian friends. That is what saved me from backsliding shortly after I was saved. Because, like you, I still kept my non-christain friendships and hold their friendships dear to me. Keep searching and digging in the word. Prayer is our best tool!! You may not see the answers you want right away but he is always listening and molding our path.

God Bless You!!

Amy

Jer29:11-12 For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me anc come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."

Guest koppen

Draigon....

This situation is a prime example of being UNEQUALLY YOKED...

Let me emplain...

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" [2 Corinthians 6:14/KJV]

This verse is advice to believers that they should only marry other believers. The rest of the advice on this by Paul is as follows: "What harmony is there between Christ and Belial ? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."" [2 Corinthians 6:15-17/NIV]

Paul's comment here is that believers and nonbelievers do have nothing in common, so trying to start a marriage with such a disparity will only lead to problems. God is to be at the center of a Christian marriage/ relationship, and if half of the humans involved don't acknowledge that, tensions will arise.

This does apply to marriages that started off with two unbelievers, but one spouse becomes a believer later. Paul said this earlier in his letters: "To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him." [1 Corinthians 7:12-13]

The Israelites were about to enter the promised land, Moses spoke God's commands to the people: "Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the Lord's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you." [Deuteronomy 7:3-4]

From the Old Testament, we see more of the reasons behind God's commands not to marry nonbelievers-- they tend to lead believers astray. In some ways, this is also a warning to not associate too closely with nonbelievers in arenas of life outside of marriage; one can get corrupted there as well. However, marriage is different from those other areas: it is designed to be permanent, as well as intimate. If we're witnessing to nonbelievers, we can do so for an hour or few, then come back to the safety of the church and other believers, but such an experience is not possible within marriage.

As with all things, consider carefully who you hang around with, and what you do. As long as we can be influenced by others, we should be careful to influence the world far more than the world influences us.

Pray Pray Pray for guidance...The Lord will lead you hun...Up unitl you gave your life to the Lord your friends believed as you did...You can lead them to the truth just don't allow it to lead you away....Stand Firm! ... You can win them over with the love of the Lord!

In His Grace

Kelli

Guest strivin2abide

Draigon,

I praise the Lord and thank Him that you are now one of the redeemed, and you will be met with open arms at the gates of heaven!

I want to ask you one thing, why is it necessary to move in with your boyfriend? Why can't you continue to love him without living with him?

I have been a Christian for a little over a year, and one thing I have learned above all else is that God is anything but subjective! What we "feel" is wrong or right has no regard. He loves us and knows that we will face trials of many kinds as soon as we begin to follow Him. For this reason, He has given us His Word. The Bible is our ultimate guidebook, as well as a loveletter from our Savior. God does not give us commands b/c He wants us to not have fun, or b/c He wants us miserable or not do what we feel like doing. He has given us commands b/c He loves us! He knows what is best for us even if we don't agree with Him. I love my boyfriend with all my heart - my greatest desire besides loving the Lord is to be his wife and take care of him and be able to live with him, but i know that right now that is not an option. The Lord is asking me to wait, for how long I don't know - I have no idea when we will be able to be married, and it is so hard. It's not because I want to have sex with him, but b/c i just love him that much and desire to be with him and be his wife. But i realize that the "world" meaning people around us, would automatically assume we are sleeping together if i live with him. God's Word tells us that we are to avoid the appearance of evil, in fact Romans 12:17 says "Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody".

I am not suggesting that you have stop loving your boyfriend, but I am asking why you think you must move in together? Be patient, pray for him, and love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Please do not fall into the trap of listening to your feelings, if i did that, then about 8 months after I became a Christian, I would be convinced I wasn't one anymore b/c one day I woke up and was no longer excited about Him and His word. I praise the Lord I had someone in my life to tell me that feelings do not matter, they don't change God's faithfulness. Sister, you are beginning a journey that will not be easy, there will be times of great "sifting". Remember the reason that you first believed, the love of our Savior, our Lord. Love Him enough to wait on His timing and His blessings.

We are given the responsibility to represent Christ to this world. We must reflect Him to those who don't know Him, that is a high high calling and we must be wise in the way that we live our lives. We as Christians are not able to do what ever we feel like without weighing the consequences - we MUST ask ourselves before EVERY action - What will Christ look like to my neighbors if I do this?

Be patient, beloved, know that He is God, and He will direct your steps! Stay in His word...that is how He has chosen to speak to His beloved children!

By His grace alone,

strivin2abide

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Draigon,

I haven't been in chat so I have missed you converting to christianity. Allow me to congratulate you on your use of your free will to determine what you want to do. As an atheist, I respect people for using their free will to determine their path. And I particularly respect you for using your powers of thinking to determine your will.

I can only advise you to continue exercising that power of thinking so that you may choose wisely in the future. This will always be useful as you confront issues in your life.

Peace and in friendship, :laugh:

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

As Christians, we submit to a Higher Authority than our own free will. :)