• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/08/1987

Alright, I was in the chat a few minutes ago, and I told them I have become a christian.

I also told them I was moving in with my boyfriend who is wiccan. Now, this seemed to strike some nerves with some, and they said I shouldn't do it. Now my questions is why not? I understand about the equally yoked thing in the Bible, But I do not fully agree with it...we get into deep relationships all the time with people who are unequally yoked with us, like parents who may not be christians, or other family that we love and care for...so why should this be any differnt?

I am sorry, but I don't see it...I love my guy with my whole heart and want to be with him forever...he understands my choice to become a child of God, though he doesn't want to accept it for himself, we all have free will. I believe that if I left him now, it would further his want to be with God. He is behind me in my choice, and would not turn me from it. He will not try to get my walk from God to fall...so why should I leave someone I love so much and has showed me so much love? I do not believe it will hurt anyone...

That is my questions I guess...

In his loving arms,

*Draigon*

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Driagon,

I may not be one to give sound or perhaps even the best advice upon this matter, but I would only tell you that you may want to reconsider your choice to move in with him. The only reason I tell you this is on account of that though your significant other may have no desire to turn you from you path, he will more than likely contribute to the mistakes you may make later on. Have you heard of Solomon? He was purhaps the wisest of all men but even so he was the richest and perhaps the one with the most wives. Many of which, turned his actions towards a sinful nature which was not pleasing to God.

Forgive me should this sound harsh or perhaps even ruffle a few feathers, for it is great to know that he does support you in your decision to walk with God. Though it is rather unfortunate that at this current point in time that he chooses not walk the same path with you.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Dear Draigon,

Firstly, if you are saved and your boyfriend is not, then you are following two different masters. You follow Jesus Christ, while your boyfriend follows his own flesh - essentially Satan. (not saying he's a Satanist - it's just that you can only serve 1 master and you have to make that choice)

By you being with your boyfriend (who follows and listens to a different master) that gives Satan an opportunity to influence your boyfriend to somehow go against your new nature. Ex: Your boyfriend might entice you into getting drunk, or fornicating - anything that goes against what God will have you do. So he could potentially hurt your walk. He may even be ok with it at first, but it's not the ideal situation for a believer to be in.

There is another problem - you should not be living with your boyfriend if you are not married. Even if you refrain from sexual relations, that still gives Satan an opportunity to tempt you both. And if that temptation turns into lustful desires then you have sinned even without committing the sexual act.

Now...if you insist on staying with him, and let's say get married later, don't be surprised if problems arise because hopefully you will continue to grow in your walk with the Lord and he is not. You will not be as happy as God intended if you were to marry a believer. You must be willing to accept the consequences of marrying a nonbeliever. Of course you can witness to him but there is no guarantee that he will accept Jesus. But the living together thing before marriage is definitly not in God's will.

Hope you understand this. If not, pm me. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Well now that you have rededicated your life to the Lord it seems hard to understand why one would put themselves in a realatioship that seems not to bring glory to God. You have started a Journey with the Lord and no one wants to see you fall back to the ways you have now prounced as being evil or not of GOD. IF your boyfriend does not pull away from the Lord that is wonderful. However as soon as he does you need to get out. There is no easy way to say any of this or give the best advice in the world. We are sometimes just really concerend and very protective when some one changes an old way of life and starts a new way of living. Yes, you have confessed with all your heart the change you want to make but that is only part of being a Christian. Being a Christian is not an easy journey for anyone. however, if you can handle the relatioship more power to ya. Let be know that all of us here are praying for you in your new way of living.

My father was an athesit before he met my mom. Maybe now that you changed and keep living for the Lord perphaps your boyfriend will see the change in you and he will want to have the same joy you have now found in the Lord. May God grant you the wisdom and dicernment to handle this relatioship with your boyfriend. May we here on the worthy board lift you up in prayer every day and continue to be encouragment to you.

I understand both of your points...but I know for a fact he will not get me to drink, or do drugs or anything unless I wanted to. And the sex thing, we will NOT have sex till marriage, I have always been that way, and it won't change now. I understand what you are all saying about the differnt master thing...but well I don't know...he can chose his own, it is his free will...

and wix, thanks

Me and my boyfriend were in this relationship before I became a child of Jesus's...and I will not end it just because I have found God...we can work through this relationship together...I know it will work, and no one knows the future.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Alright, I was in the chat a few minutes ago, and I told them I have become a christian.

awesome...how did you do this? I believe you were a Christian the day you got baptized at age 15 (like you said), but I think that this describes what happened to you (IMHO) :laugh:A sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it. 5 Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it had not much soil, and immediately it sprang up, since it had no depth of soil; 6 and when the sun rose it was scorched, and since it had no root it withered away. Mark 4:3-6

Now, I'm thankful that you've had a change of heart... like the parable of the 'son' who left the father, but then came home realizing he was wrong...

11 And he said, "There was a man who had two sons; 12 and the younger of them said to his father, `Father, give me the share of property that falls to me.' And he divided his living between them. 13 Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took his journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in loose living. 14 And when he had spent everything, a great famine arose in that country, and he began to be in want. 15 So he went and joined himself to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed swine. 16 And he would gladly have fed on the pods that the swine ate; and no one gave him anything. 17 But when he came to himself he said, `How many of my father's hired servants have bread enough and to spare, but I perish here with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you; 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; treat me as one of your hired servants."' 20 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was yet at a distance, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. 21 And the son said to him, `Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you; I am no longer worthy to be called your son.' 22 But the father said to his servants, `Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet; 23 and bring the fatted calf and kill it, and let us eat and make merry; 24 for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.' And they began to make merry.

25 "Now his elder son was in the field; and as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 And he called one of the servants and asked what this meant. 27 And he said to him, `Your brother has come, and your father has killed the fatted calf, because he has received him safe and sound.' 28 But he was angry and refused to go in. His father came out and entreated him, 29 but he answered his father, `Lo, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command; yet you never gave me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your living with harlots, you killed for him the fatted calf!' 31 And he said to him, `Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. 32 It was fitting to make merry and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.'" Luke 15:11-32

You were a 'son' (ok, daughter) from the moment you were baptized (Matt 3:16-17, Romans 6:3, 1 Cor 12:13, Gal 3:27, Col 2:12, 1 Peter 3:21, Titus 3:5, John 3:5)...

I'm thankful that you have 'returned'...all Glory to God...3 Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking by the Spirit of God ever says "Jesus be cursed!" and no one can say "Jesus is Lord" except by the Holy Spirit. 1 Cor 12:3

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Me and my boyfriend were in this relationship before I became a child of Jesus's...and I will not end it just because I have found God...we can work through this relationship together...I know it will work, and no one knows the future.

I agree, for if my husband rejected me because I was not 'just like him', we would not have our wonderful family and I would probably not have come to know Christ in the way that I do now...all Glory to God for working THROUGH my husband to show ME who CHRIST IS... :il:

There is another problem - you should not be living with your boyfriend if you are not married. Even if you refrain from sexual relations, that still gives Satan an opportunity to tempt you both. And if that temptation turns into lustful desires then you have sinned even without committing the sexual act.

The following to closely of Christianity, the becoming a Puratin kills the spirit, the happiness one finds in life. If you live in such a strict way where nothing is forgiven and one is not allowed to make errors, it will destroy you. Trust me. You have already condemed her, already assumed that she will have "lustful desires" without giving her a chance. Isn't Christianity giving her a chance? Allowing her to make mistakes knowing that she will return the the path she walks. We all stumble, it's what makes us human.

Until Death Do I Part

I try to follow the Lord as closely as I possibly can. What I stated is not my opinion - this is God's will. You said it yourself that you are not a Christian so you will be in disagreement with the Word of God so this doesn't surprise me.

Bottom line, there is no middle ground, you either hold the Bible in highest authority and live in obedience to the best of your ability, or you do not, keeping one foot in the world, selectively obeying His commands. You cannot be lukewarm. Now, I understand that Draigon is a new believer and you are on a fabulous journey right now. I suggest you get into the Word and read and pray like crazy. Get the know the God who loves you and created you and has saved you. Don't follow the ways of the world - please read your Bible.

God will not force us to be like Him just like he will not make us love Him. He wants us to do this on our own with His help of course. Free will remember. I'm glad to see that you recognize that we will always fall short when striving for perfection because that means you also recognize that we are all sinners. We will never be perfect like God - we are unable because we're sinful. That doesn't mean to give up and do whatever you'd like because it's hopeless and we're doomed anyway and God made us this way etc....

Striving to be like God is a natural reaction to experiencing His love for us and knowing Him better. We know Him better by spending time with Him in prayer and reading. We give Him thanks and praise for saving us. We will want to obey Him as a result of our love for Him because He loved us first.

Maybe someone else could explain it better? (I'm at work - back and forth and keep losing my train of thought) :oww: