IGNORED

Do you remember your conversion experience?

Guest durangokid

Guest durangokid

A sunday school teacher, then later our pastor, told us that if we didn't remember our conversion that it may not be legitimate/real. Is this right? My mother claimed I was saved at 7, but I don't remember it at all ( I don't remember 98% of my childhood at all, anyway, and the other 2% I'd rather not remember). So what do you think?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Many of us remember our experience of being regenerated. It tends to leave a lasting impression :rofl:

However, remembering or not remembering does not have anything to do with whether we are genuinly saved or not (make sense?). The factor of salvation is the Triune God indwelling your human spirit. If you have a deep and close relationship with the Lord Jesus then don't sweat it. You can, however, pray to receive Him as many times as you want - there's no Biblical restriction. Some folks wonder, because of the age, whether or not they were egenuinly saved. But if at that age you were sincere in your prayer, then how you feel now is not as important as the fact that you are a genuine child of the Most High God.

Guest Rootabagga

I have heard that saying sooo many times and no one can truely know the answer to that except you and the Lord. Only you and God know where your heart is (was) when you made Him your Lord at 7.

My mother claimed I was saved at 7, but I don't remember it at all ( I don't remember 98% of my childhood at all, anyway, and the other 2% I'd rather not remember).

As for you not remembering, I can understand that. I was told that I asked the Lord into my heart when I was 5, my mother can tell every detail, but as for me, I couldn't tell yea a thing. I grew up thinking that I was ok, I am saved. Many people have said the exact thing to me that as said to you. I used to even argue with people that would say "If you did it when you were little then why not 'rededicate yourself' now by saying 'the prayer' ". I would tell them I don't need to do it because I have no doubt that I am, I do not need to prove it to you. It wasn't until I was 32 and was driving down a road in a snow storm did I realize how important it is to KNOW for YOURSELF. I had two of my three children with me in the car when I went off the road, the back country road. When the car stopped and I made sure the kids were ok, I got out to see where we were and if I could get the car out. I was brought to my knees by what I saw when I got out of the car. We were three feet from the waters edge and there was nothing holding my car from continueing over the bank. As I sat there listening to my children singing their 100th round (ok, ok maybe it was only the 5th or 6th) of "We're stuck, we're gonna die!!!!!" I cried as I dug in the snow tring to figure out what we were stuck on, we had to have been stuck. With every handful of snow I pushed away the more I realised that we were not stuck on anything but I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get out. As the hour passed on and we hadn't seen anyone I sat in the snow crying. Crying out to God for help. I remember feeling as though He was there waiting, but waiting for what I didn't know. I felt as though I needed to do something. Well when 'light finally dawned on bedrock' I did what I did with those people who tried to get me to rededicate my life. I sat an argued with God, like I was in a possition to argue with Him, LOL. Anyway to make a long story short, I rededicated my life and as I felt the peace of His love run in me and the tears flowing out of me, a plow truck AND a 4X4 pick up stopped and got us out of the bank.

So needless to say I would just like to leave you with this thought, Durangokid, if you have no doubt that you are saved then don't worry about it. But if there is even a little tiny bit that you question, rededicate your life to Him. What can it hurt? You could always wait for your turn on the side of the road too, :oww: joking. While you are at it, ask the Lord to heal you of your past abuse. He can and will do it, He is just waiting for you to ask. He is a gentlemen and will not go where He is not asked. He longs for you to be free. Kate

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Interesting question asked here, and truly an intriguing topic as well.

At the age of thirteen I was saved and came to take the Lord, Jesus Christ, as my personal Savior. However, the memory I have of that day was quick to dim when my grandmother died and I suffered from depression. It was not until five years later that I got over my anger with God and realized I was wrong. Now, at almost twenty years of age, I am giving my life to God. Knowing that though I am still a sinner that this time around, I am not going to give up and that should he wish for me to become what I feel he has called me to do, that he will have nothing other.

I cannot truly say that a person who has little to no recollection of their conversion is not truly saved for I know not every single man/woman's heart. God does, so only he alone could decide. This is just my opinion on this.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

Guest godsmartian

I too can not remember when exactly I was saved. I just remember two halves of my life before I was and after. I think that you don't have to remember when you were saved as long as you know that you are.

Guest firecracker

I remember the exact moment I was saved. For 7 days I felt the love of God and His fellowship... that was 14 years ago, and since then I've felt nothing at all!

Suppose you can't trust your feelings then right?!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

my salvation was non-emotional...in the sense salvation is NOT based on emotion...it is based on fact of the event....your pastor was very wrong in saying that to you....just because you dont feel saved doesn't mean your not.. its a bit like when you get married...the excitment of the wedding day does fade to practical reality :hug:

Guest durangokid

Thanks, everyone.

Someone said something in the replies that hit home, then I heard some songs that really got to me. I'm really tired of all the doubt and fear. I'm tired of not knowing. I'm tired of feeling spiritually dead. I'm tired of having no direction in my life. I'm tired of my controlling husband. Even my durango is getting on my nerves. :rofl:

The night before last I finally gave up. I completely surrendered.

Nothing fancy, nothing dramatic, but I locked myself in the bathroom, got on my knees, and gave myself completely to Jesus. The first beams of peace are finally breaking through the clouds of doubt and unbelief. It no longer matters if I was saved at seven, or night before last at 37. The fact is that I'm saved. Thank you Jesus!!!

(If you want to know what one of the songs was, it was More by Matthew West.)

I don't remember all of it, but part of it goes:

I love you

More than the sun

And the stars

That I taught

How to shine

You are Mine

And you shine for Me, too

I love you

Yesterday

And today

And tomorrow

I'll say it again

And again

I love you more

These were words I really needed to hear. Music is the one thing that can break through to me when nothing else can. He had another song, one that said:

If you ever need me, you know where to find me, I will be waiting, where I've always been, right by your side.

This is about as close as I'll ever get to a public confession of faith. I wish I could share this with people at my church, but if I go up during invitation, I'll put up with a lot of crap nonstop when I get home. So right now I'll settle for an online church family. :hug:

I do want to thank people who have helped me work out some deep issues. Some of you don't even know it. I don't post much, but I read a lot, and find that a lot of people are having a lot of similar problems. Because some of you shared those problems, and because others have answered them, I found a lot of wise and caring people. Gives a person hope. :rofl:

durangokid