• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all,

Some of my more worldy friends say that I'll have a difficult time making it in the film business because my stories don't show people in a realistic light/in their true element.)

For instance, I have a story where a gang member is trying to hide from his destiny with God. Well in a realistic environment he would be cursing, using the N word. There would be half naked girls all over the place.

I find it difficult to write foul language. I have actually tried and it just goes against everything I was brought up to do. I couldn't get the words on the paper.

I need some honest feed back. What do you guys think?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

Hi all,

Some of my more worldy friends say that I'll have a difficult time making it in the film business because my stories don't show people in a realistic light/in their true element.)

For instance, I have a story where a gang member is trying to hide from his destiny with God. Well in a realistic environment he would be cursing, using the N word. There would be half naked girls all over the place.

I find it difficult to write foul language. I have actually tried and it just goes against everything I was brought up to do. I couldn't get the words on the paper.

You don't have to use foul language to make it in the film Industry. Have you seen all of Tyler Perry's movies & plays. He doesn't use that foul language, and he is very succesful. DADDY GOD honors you, and you can make a difference is this film Industry. Don't let what people say discourage you. You were made to do Great things.

Don't loose hope & know when you put DADDY GOD first HE is able to do exceedingly above your expectations.

Continue writting, You break-through is on it's way.

GOD Bless you.

Lomi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't know much about the industry.

As a viewer, though, I go to a movie for good stories - not if it "accurately portrays" foul language and nudity.

In fact, I know of one good movie that was ruined on account of "accurately portraying" foul language - The Ladykillers (2004) starring Tom Hanks.

When I think of movies Christians have produced (like X-Men), foul language was kept to a minimum - did it ruin the movie to diminish it? Or did people go to the movie to see "the hot babes"? (Actually, one of the actresses who is considered a "hot babe" by default actually ruined the character she was portraying - a pet peeve of mine.)

It really is sad that these people credit foul language and nudity for the success or failure of a movie. :hmmm:

Really, if you make a good enough movie, how many viewers will care about sex and language?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Yes I agree with the above Tyler Perry is a insperation. He keeps things real not all of his movies are PG but they are not R because he keeps the stuff film makers just add when they realy dont have too. I always remeber a interview he gave, when asked what he did when he made his first million. His answer was pay his tithe. I amnot saying that a Christian orinentated movie couldnt be R especially if it had drug use, and adult material. I realy love the movie the "second chance" wich is PG-13. Well anyway just keep your head up keep your eye on Jesus and things will come together for you.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Hi all,

I can't say I'm a fan of Tyler Perry movies.. they just disturb me to the core, personally speaking..

Try changing the timelines.. gangsters back in the day didn't use too much foul language and for the most part liked to be looked at as upstanding men. Have you ever seen the movie Key Largo? The bad guy there called Johnny Rocco, was pretty upstanding even though he was evil. I think those kinds of characters are the best, they are people who believe they are doing right but in their own twisted way.

...Besides, you can use wonderful language not really used these days like "toots" ...lol.... I've been waiting so long for an opportunity to use that hahaha :hmmm:

Thanks so much for the encouragment folks.

You are all right. I need to stop listening to the nay sayers and just continue what I'm doing.

I never really got into Tyler Perry until I saw 'House of Payne' last year. (Okay so I'm way behind :blink: ). Now that I have Netflix, I intend to remedy that and see if I like his films.

A Christian made X-men, huh? Who knew? I've never seen Second Chance or Key Largo, but thanks for the references. I'll take a look at them.

Blessings.

Thanks so much for the encouragment folks.

A Christian made X-men, huh? Who knew?

OK, I may have seemed to have erred. I thought the producer of X1 and 2 was a Christian, but I can't find reference for that.

The producer of X3 is a Christian, though, via research.

I've never seen Second Chance

Awesome movie!

http://www.thesecondchancemovie.com/

My brother worked with inner city youth, and he showed this movie to them. They were impressed with how accurate the film's portrayal was.

Edited by nebula

Oh yea, don't forget Fireproof.

Also, My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Thanks guys.

OK, I may have seemed to have erred. I thought the producer of X1 and 2 was a Christian, but I can't find reference for that.

The producer of X3 is a Christian, though, via research.

Interesting article. It actually does say that he produced all three X-Men films.

He has an interesting view. All movies don't have to be overtly Christian, but it's the message it sends that ultimately should prevail (ie: Tolerence in X-Men).