• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you in concept.

But the one that you think was reaching out for help, was extremely foul mouthed. Which was proven in another forum and the person was banned. Not everyone coming on here is looking for help, they are here only to make a ruckus. We have to discern the difference.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lovinghim4ever
I never said it was harsh to quote scripture against sin.

I said it is not a Christian's responsibility to be harsh toward the sinner.

It is NEVER appropriate for a Christian to have harsh motives when quoting scripture against sin.

Ok, you did not say that "quoting scripture is harsh", but you have strong feeling about Christians condeming the sin of the homosexual, right? Or am i missing it again? Where would a christian get the notion that the gay life style is sinful? Is the Christian making up these standards?

Harsh toward the sinner...hum, I am not understanding your definition of harsh. Are you saying that a Christian should never say a word about anothers sin because that is harsh? I thought that out of my love for God I would obey God and reach the sinner because of my love for God and therefore loving the sinner would be giving them His truth. Is this harsh as well?

Because a preacher preaches against sin is he acting inappropriatly for preaching the Word of God? Are you saying his motives are harsh because he preaches Gods truth? When a Christians speaks out against sin, how do know what his motives are? When we judge peoples motives isn't that a blind guess? [judgmental] If the only people that could have the right to speak out against sin are those who are without sin, then no one has the right to speak Gods Word. How would the world be reached by the Gospel? Through osmosis? :emot-handshake:

e

Yes, you are missing it AGAIN!

And, you are just putting words in my mouth.

Yes, we are to love people enough to tell them the truth.

Yes, we are to love people enough to quote scripture to them.

God NEVER intended us to be harsh.

What I mean by harsh is that no one (especially a Christian) has a right to badger or ridicule sinners.

Christians should NEVER be cruel; unkind; unforgiving; abrasive; insensitive; calloused; inconsiderate; ruthless, etc.

Christians should NEVER mock; make fun of; tease; scorn; scoff at; laugh at; deride; disrespect; show comtempt; belittle; etc.

Do you get it now?

Guest lovinghim4ever
guess your words were true, lovingHim. and i'm sorry for that. here is someone reaching out for help and what does she receive? silence. people more concerned about being right than the distress of another. makes me wonder what christianity is all about.

Exactly the point I have been trying to make.

Thank you Charitow!

so do YOU have some words for her?? you made the point i was trying to make!! being right is not what is important. people are! what love has been shown her?

I am praying about this, and will respond to her through PM when I know what God wants me to say.

And, I PROMISE I will NOT be harsh.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

It is NEVER appropriate for a Christian to have harsh motives when quoting scripture against sin.

Ok, you did not say that "quoting scripture is harsh", but you have strong feeling about Christians condeming the sin of the homosexual, right? Or am i missing it again? Where would a christian get the notion that the gay life style is sinful? Is the Christian making up these standards?

Harsh toward the sinner...hum, I am not understanding your definition of harsh. Are you saying that a Christian should never say a word about anothers sin because that is harsh? I thought that out of my love for God I would obey God and reach the sinner because of my love for God and therefore loving the sinner would be giving them His truth. Is this harsh as well?

Because a preacher preaches against sin is he acting inappropriatly for preaching the Word of God? Are you saying his motives are harsh because he preaches Gods truth? When a Christians speaks out against sin, how do know what his motives are? When we judge peoples motives isn't that a blind guess? [judgmental] If the only people that could have the right to speak out against sin are those who are without sin, then no one has the right to speak Gods Word. How would the world be reached by the Gospel? Through osmosis? :emot-handshake:

e

What I mean by harsh is that no one (especially a Christian) has a right to badger or ridicule sinners.

Christians should NEVER be cruel; unkind; unforgiving; abrasive; insensitive; calloused; inconsiderate; ruthless, etc.

Christians should NEVER mock; make fun of; tease; scorn; scoff at; laugh at; deride; disrespect; show comtempt; belittle; etc.

Do you get it now?

I think you are being harsh....hum....But..... :noidea:

e

Guest lovinghim4ever

e

Do you get it now?

I think you are being harsh....hum....But..... :noidea:

e

I just answered your questions.

Guest lovinghim4ever

My aplogies to all who think I've been harsh.

That was NOT my intention.

And, it was NOT my intention to make this thread about homosexuality.

:emot-handshake::noidea::20: